PDA

View Full Version : Rhodesian Reconnasiance Vest: Information regarding

gysgtkim
12-29-2006, 03:03 PM
Well, I need to find out a vest that is SUPER comfortable and a vest that I can maneuver well in. I came up with the Rhodesian Reconnaisance Vest. I hear its a hybrid amongst a plate carrrier and a chest rig. Plate carriers provide the security I need, and chest rigs provide the mobility I need.. What do ya'll think about this vest and how well it can be used? thanks.. provide any past experiences, sources, pictures, anything you would like to add..

I also figured out that Snake in MGS4 uses this vest. =]

ShakesFIST
12-29-2006, 03:17 PM
Didn't you already start a thread about this same exact topic?

As a chest rig it works great but I don't really think you should be worrying about adding armor plating to it. Unless you airsoft with different guns than me....I don't think you need to wear plates for "security".

Flea NL
12-29-2006, 04:21 PM
if you want a complete plate carrrier..
you have to think of your back ;)
I'm also looking around for a good vest..
and I'm going with the Phantom (Eagle replica) CIRAS in CB (http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/ProductDetail?prodID=21652).

if you want more like the MGS4 style..
I would go with a Panther Molle RRV Vest (http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/ProductDetail?prodID=21353), I think.
this one on the pic is in multicam...
but its the same thing like Snake wears..
but you can't realy protect your back with it.......
and you talking about "the security you need.." I'ld with the CIRAS..
the real Eagle industries Vest has plats in the front, back and sides.

I hope I helped you with this info,
and that you understand the stuff I typed.....
if not.. sorry for my bad english!

flea

gysgtkim
12-29-2006, 05:26 PM
haha its alright flea. I already have the phantom CIRAS.. IMO i think its a little too bulky for me. Whenever I kneel down, the upper portion of the vest rams into my throat.. and shakes fist, the other thread was about weesatch/woosatch/wasatch and the rhodesian vest came up randomly in the thread. I hear there is a back attachment for the rhodesian vest.. is that true?

Flea NL
12-29-2006, 05:41 PM
thet I don't know.. all I know about all the aisoft stuff.
I know, i've "learned" on this forum,
Göönk has been a big help in this all for me..

but about you CIRAS,
its a real real cool vest! I think..
but issent it just to big for you?
and because of thet, it hits your throat when you kneel down..?
anyway which color, model (land or maritime) and and size do you have?
I'm looking for a good store somewhere in belgium so I can take a good look at the vest, try it on and buy it.. here in holland we don't have any stores like, good ones.. because its illegal to have airsoft weapons in the netherlands.. and a some other reals which makes the whole airsoft thing illegal..

Argyll
12-29-2006, 05:54 PM
If the CIRAS you have rides under your chin when kneeling, then the size and fitment all is wrong, I wear mine on Real world Ops in Iraq, and have 4 double AK pouches fitted to it, PACA soft armour inserts, and triple curve level 4 AP SAPI plates,and it doesn't ride up on me,it's one of the most comfortable rigs I've worn in my 3 years in Iraq.

prebanman
12-29-2006, 06:02 PM
dont know anything about a back plate carrier for a rhodesian rig but blackhawk makes their "commando recon chest harness" that you can buy a back plate carrier doo-wacky for. (the CRCH and a rhodesian rig are more or less identical).

x2 on Argyll's comment, look at your ajustments on your CIRAS, my phantom doesnt ride up to my chin unless I'm sliding down a hill on my back.

-patry

gysgtkim
12-29-2006, 06:03 PM
hmm.. Well I was gonna get a medium but my friend ordered a small. I think it may be cause its too small for me. I have the Phantom CIRAS Land OD version. I want to try something different which is why i brought up the rhodesian vest. Any other opinoins?

gysgtkim
12-29-2006, 09:15 PM
does anyone know who uses the rhodesian recon vest?

BrianT
12-29-2006, 09:40 PM
I was issued the Eagles ****. Typically, we just use the Rhodesian when at the range, but I personally hooked up the Rhodesian vest to the rear plate carrier they make. Works pretty nice if you don't mind buying both. If you feel like rocking plates and getting a little exercise playing airsoft or whatever then you can do it. Or you could just roll the Rhodesian. It's comfortable, hugs you well, and lets you throw a ton of **** on it if you want.

UltravioletDragon
01-11-2007, 07:01 AM
If the CIRAS you have rides under your chin when kneeling, then the size and fitment all is wrong, I wear mine on Real world Ops in Iraq, and have 4 double AK pouches fitted to it, PACA soft armour inserts, and triple curve level 4 AP SAPI plates,and it doesn't ride up on me,it's one of the most comfortable rigs I've worn in my 3 years in Iraq.

^WHS The Ciras (Maritime) shouldn't fit like that. Is it for real or a knock off? It should cost like $500-600USD I think. If it was way less then there is your problem. If you fear it is a knock off, could you post the manufaturer so others can avoid it?

cactaur
07-25-2007, 12:15 PM
Sorry to dig up an old thread. I'm wondering what is that he's wearing under the chest rig. Near as I can figure its a parachute harness?

http://rocketpunch.clubsnap.org/gallery/albums/album06/webbing.jpg

Thanks for the help

FireMagnet
07-25-2007, 01:59 PM
Just looks like belt suspenders to me...

thomas93190728
07-25-2007, 10:19 PM
it is similar to High Speed Gear suspender.

Sorry to dig up an old thread. I'm wondering what is that he's wearing under the chest rig. Near as I can figure its a parachute harness?

http://rocketpunch.clubsnap.org/gallery/albums/album06/webbing.jpg

Thanks for the help