PDA

View Full Version : C Coy, 1 PPCLI

Sebastian
04-21-2007, 12:05 PM
Searched couldn't find it and I haven't seen it around, so I'm hoping this is new stuff for everyone. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0ooP1yf49Y

77RUS
04-21-2007, 12:12 PM
good video, but nothing else

useless war, yoou won't ever winn there, belive me, we (russians) know it better then all other countries. Our army spent there for 10 years

Shifty-Powers
04-21-2007, 12:30 PM
Great vid ! well done !

breki
04-21-2007, 12:34 PM
A few errors in this video. C Coy is with 2 PPCLI, not 1 Btn. Also there is a great deal of content from 1 RCHA, including one of the dead. RIP...

Daniel San
04-21-2007, 01:00 PM

useless war, yoou won't ever winn there, belive me, we (russians) know it better then all other countries. Our army spent there for 10 years

Nice of you to come and show your support. :bash:

I'd already seen it but nice video (would do without the music though!).

04-21-2007, 01:05 PM

I'd already seen it but nice video (would do without the music though!).

No point arguing with a Russian about Afghanistan.

They never figured out the difference between stabilizing a freely elected Government and forcing one upon the populace.

The two conflicts are nothing alike, the political and social climate is nowhere near the same.

We've been there for 6 years and have had nowhere near the trouble the Russians had.

Wonder why, eh?

04-21-2007, 01:06 PM

As I said.. we've been there for 6.. and it's gone alot better for us.

Thank you for your pointless comment in a vid and pic thread.

Daniel San
04-21-2007, 01:15 PM
No point arguing with a Russian about Afghanistan.

Congrats on passing the 1000 post mark, Guest. I guess I'll have to add that to my lessons learned notebook.

Sebastian
04-21-2007, 03:06 PM
I thought C-Coy was apart of 1st. Like 1st Battalion had to first letters Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, etc. 2nd then had like Hotel Company and stuff, etc. Sorry for the mistake.

Tracker 23A
04-21-2007, 03:07 PM
A few errors in this video. C Coy is with 2 PPCLI, not 1 Btn. Also there is a great deal of content from 1 RCHA, including one of the dead. RIP...

C Coy is with and was with 1 PPCLI in Afghanistan during Op Archer in 2006! The C Coy that is on this vid is that of the 1st Battalion.

WRT 1 RCHA, who do you think provided indirect fire during the operation?
of course 1 RCHA is on the vid! saying "there is a great deal of content" I would disagree, since the only truc pics of them is firing their M777's in the beginning. The mass content is infantry soldier's from Charlie Company, 1 PPCLI.

77RUS
04-21-2007, 03:24 PM

Hey, i didn't wrote i don't support your troops, i only said that noone could win there, Afgan is big "dark hole".

I wish all your soldiers come back safe to their families, and RIP to fallen soldiers and officers

breki
04-21-2007, 03:47 PM
I thought C-Coy was apart of 1st. Like 1st Battalion had to first letters Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, etc. 2nd then had like Hotel Company and stuff, etc. Sorry for the mistake.

Don't appologize, it was I who was wrong...nice vid by the way.

breki
04-21-2007, 03:58 PM
C Coy is with and was with 1 PPCLI in Afghanistan during Op Archer in 2006! The C Coy that is on this vid is that of the 1st Battalion.

WRT 1 RCHA, who do you think provided indirect fire during the operation?
of course 1 RCHA is on the vid! saying "there is a great deal of content" I would disagree, since the only truc pics of them is firing their M777's in the beginning. The mass content is infantry soldier's from Charlie Company, 1 PPCLI.

You are absolutely right about 1 Btn, my bad. For some reason I had it stuck in my mind that those guys were from Shilo. Apparentely there is a C Coy with both Btns? Anyway, didn't intend to rob 1 PPCLI of their much deserved respect for their losses.

With respect to 1 RCHA, I am fully aware of who was providing indirect fire, and indeed the video features both the M777 and 81mm. The content I consider significant is that there is an Arty Officer listed among the dead of 1 PPCLI. Despite the fact that she belonged to the BG, she did not belong to the Btn. 1 RCHA deserves the respect for their loss, too. RIP to all our fallen...

pascalywood
04-21-2007, 04:07 PM
Great vid. Is is true that Leos are barely used since there is no cooling system and its like 50 C degrees inside?

shortyirish12
04-21-2007, 04:46 PM
Don't forget the CHIMOS boys!!! Some of that footage was from my vehicle, ie....the video of my section commander given er on the pintle mount at dusk...tracers flying down range...my gun jamemd and he took over...that was the 17th of MAy...bad night. Good vid, I miss working with those boys.

CHIMO!!! ROTO 1

Roy Batty
04-21-2007, 04:59 PM

****ing moron.

Sorry Guest, but your gonna have to teach me some of that tact one day.

homerjsimpson94
04-21-2007, 05:03 PM
Just to clear a couple things up. Every unit within the PPCLI has a C Coy, and an A, B, Cbt Sp and Admin Coy, I am unaware if the other two Bn's (as I am with the 2nd) have a D Coy, we have stood up a D Coy when circumstances warrented it.

Switek
04-21-2007, 05:13 PM

Seems there still remains plenty things to clean up after your "friendly" invasion.... :|

04-21-2007, 05:26 PM
****ing moron.

Sorry Guest, but your gonna have to teach me some of that tact one day.

I have no tact.

Only officers have tact. ;)
(LT over shoulder) LOL

dukejwf
04-21-2007, 07:14 PM
You are absolutely right about 1 Btn, my bad. For some reason I had it stuck in my mind that those guys were from Shilo. Apparentely there is a C Coy with both Btns? Anyway, didn't intend to rob 1 PPCLI of their much deserved respect for their losses.

With respect to 1 RCHA, I am fully aware of who was providing indirect fire, and indeed the video features both the M777 and 81mm. The content I consider significant is that there is an Arty Officer listed among the dead of 1 PPCLI. Despite the fact that she belonged to the BG, she did not belong to the Btn. 1 RCHA deserves the respect for their loss, too. RIP to all our fallen...

She did belong to the Bn, she was the FOO/FAC for C Coy on that tour and died right beside her fellow soldiers from C Coy. And you are right 1 RCHA does deserve the respect for there losses. Ensure you understand details before you insert foot in mouth.
Member of 1 PPCLI C Coy

shortyirish12
04-21-2007, 07:30 PM
I agree, chimo.

Shinobi
04-21-2007, 10:03 PM
Video that made by participant of battle is. Here is other JDAM of video make :

http://www.youtube.com/v/yRQz8gauVfg

Should your path ever be blocked by a force of Talibans, you may exercise the JDAM Option.

One thousand or two thousand pounds bomb, that is the question.

In the end, two one-thousand pound bombs will do nice.

Rince and repeat as needed.

04-21-2007, 10:03 PM
How about we stand easy..

PPCLI
RCHA
RCR
LdSH(RC)

They all gave up blood, choked on the dust and drew blood as well

Everybody belongs to the CF.. no need for **** measuring.

Shinobi
04-21-2007, 10:11 PM

PPCLI
RCHA
RCR
LdSH(RC)

Word of wise is.

heavy lift
04-21-2007, 10:43 PM
Great vid Sebastian, a nice tribute to all serving.:)

Pete031
04-21-2007, 11:52 PM
I like you... Do you like me???

Oh yeah.... Shorty, you guys always get left out of the mix. You should be used to it by now....
Nothing but respect for you guys!!
Chimo.

Sebastian
04-21-2007, 11:58 PM
Great vid Sebastian, a nice tribute to all serving.:)

Thanks, but all I did was find it while surfing, I didn't make it myself.

breki
04-22-2007, 01:22 AM

PPCLI
RCHA
RCR
LdSH(RC)

Stand easy

Wolfe117
04-22-2007, 01:38 AM

Good thing we're not Russians.

shortyirish12
04-22-2007, 02:16 AM
No worries Pete. Brother we are used to it by now, we just have to throw a shout out in there every now and again to remind people lol.

77RUS
04-22-2007, 10:12 AM
****ing moron.

Very clever post, it showed me how you are du...b.

Good thing we're not Russians.
Of course, because Russia didn't support taliban as USA supported terrorists in Afgan while USSR army was there at 1979-1989

But i still wish political situation in Afgan will be stabilised and all your guys back home safe

I_hate_posers
04-22-2007, 10:22 AM
Yeah, you only bombed villages, executed your cowardly commie ways, slaughtered, raped and tortured civilians. All the while mother russia told it's people you were winning eh!!!
And one question, were you in Afghanistan, since you talk so knowledgable about it!

Roy Batty
04-22-2007, 10:22 AM

I may be dumb but a least I've been to the country in question. How about you?

Switek
04-22-2007, 10:54 AM

Of course, because Russia didn't support taliban as USA supported terrorists in Afgan while USSR army was there at 1979-1989

AFAIK, the Taliban movement was created in 1992... :roll:

So who's dumb****?

Wolfe117
04-22-2007, 12:37 PM

But i still wish political situation in Afgan will be stabilised and all your guys back home safe

Actually Taliban was established in the 1990's after the USSR's war there. If you're talking about the mujahdeen fighters there then oh well, that's how the cold war was. For the most part they were no more terrorists than your soldiers were.

Kinda sounds like something the Russians did in Vietnam.

Get your facts straight before posting.

77RUS
04-24-2007, 08:25 AM
AFAIK, the Taliban movement was created in 1992... :roll:

So who's dumb****?

Actually Taliban was established in the 1990's after the USSR's war there. If you're talking about the mujahdeen fighters there then oh well, that's how the cold war was. For the most part they were no more terrorists than your soldiers were.

Kinda sounds like something the Russians did in Vietnam.

Get your facts straight before posting.

Hey, read my post attentively
i wrote as USA supported terrorists, but i didn't wrote that usa supported taliban movement, because, of course, i know taliban was established after USSR was in Afgan

nevertheless, this thread goes to nowhere
You had Vietnam, we had Afganistan... very sadly

Wolfe117
04-24-2007, 10:26 AM
i wrote as USA supported terrorists, but i didn't wrote that usa supported taliban movement, because, of course, i know taliban was established after USSR was in Afgan

Perhaps you don't understand the deffinition of what a terrorist is. If by terrorist you mean actively resisting invading USSR forces by attacking your troops, helicopters and bases then you'd be wrong.

True many of the "terrorists" we are fighting today were at one point Mujadeen fighting Soviet forces, however, at the time they wouldn't be considered terrorists.

To correct your statement Russia doesn't supprt the Taliban like US used to support the Mujahdeen.

Switek
04-24-2007, 11:28 AM

Seems you don't see the difference in Afghanistan's internal situation in 1979 and 2001 what proves that you have no clue you're writting about. You can not compare soviet invasion and NATO/US operation.

77RUS
04-24-2007, 01:08 PM
Perhaps you don't understand the deffinition of what a terrorist is. If by terrorist you mean actively resisting invading USSR forces by attacking your troops, helicopters and bases then you'd be wrong.

True many of the "terrorists" we are fighting today were at one point Mujadeen fighting Soviet forces, however, at the time they wouldn't be considered terrorists.

To correct your statement Russia doesn't supprt the Taliban like US used to support the Mujahdeen.
First, USSR didn't invade to Afgan, because Afganistan goverment asked for the international help. According to the international laws USSR troops in Afgan helped goverment to fight against rebels. But those rebels (mujahedeens) use terrorists methods and made terror acts against afganistan civilians and goverment. In 70-80 we didn't use the word "terrorism" so widly as we do you it today, but i'm sure those afganistan rebels-mujahedeens were 100% terrorists like in Iraq

Second, in that case NATO invaded to Afganistan, because legal afganistan goverment didn't ask NATO or UN to help them or enter the troops to their territory. But NATO did it, so that's why your so-called operation in Afgan is true invasion

Seems you don't see the difference in Afghanistan's internal situation in 1979 and 2001 what proves that you have no clue you're writting about. You can not compare soviet invasion and NATO/US operation.

I'm sure, i know it better then you

Switek
04-24-2007, 01:17 PM
First, USSR didn't invade to Afgan, because Afganistan goverment asked for the international help. According to the international laws USSR troops in Afgan helped goverment to fight against rebels. But those rebels (mujahedeens) use terrorists methods and made terror acts against afganistan civilians and goverment. In 70-80 we didn't use the word "terrorism" so widly as we do you it today, but i'm sure those afganistan rebels-mujahedeens were 100% terrorists like in Iraq

Second, in that case NATO invaded to Afganistan, because legal afganistan goverment didn't ask NATO or UN to help them or enter the troops to their territory. But NATO did it, so that's why your so-called operation in Afgan is true invasion

No you don't. Even if you were there. You mus still believe in soviet propaganda BS

USSR didn't invade to Afgan, because Afganistan goverment asked for the international help..

the same like in Hungary in 1956 and Czehoslovakia in 1968 and many other place where soviet troops, in different uniforms, have been send since 1945...

:cantbeli: :cantbeli: :cantbeli:

Afghan factions opposed to the Taliban met at a United Nations-sponsored conference in Bonn, Germany in December 2001 and agreed to restore stability and governance to Afghanistan--creating an interim government and establishing a process to move toward a permanent government. Under the "Bonn Agreement," an Afghan Interim Authority was formed and took office in Kabul on December 22, 2001 with Hamid Karzai as Chairman. The Interim Authority held power for approximately 6 months while preparing for a nationwide "Loya Jirga" (Grand Council) in mid-June 2002 that decided on the structure of a Transitional Authority. The Transitional Authority, headed by President Hamid Karzai, renamed the government as the Transitional Islamic State of Afghanistan (TISA). One of the TISA's primary achievements was the drafting of a constitution that was ratified by a Constitutional Loya Jirga on January 4, 2004.

CPL Trevoga
04-24-2007, 01:50 PM

Don't argue with with them. Afganistan war was pure political in nature and besides, it's pictures and **** thread.

77RUS
04-24-2007, 02:10 PM
No you don't. Even if you were there. You mus still believe in soviet propaganda BS

the same like in Hungary in 1956 and Czehoslovakia in 1968 and many other place where soviet troops, in different uniforms, have been send since 1945...

:cantbeli: :cantbeli: :cantbeli:

I will answer like you did

You must still belive in US propaganda

The Cold war is over, and you should realize that not only USSR was Evil Empire, USA was and is it too

Switek
04-24-2007, 04:20 PM
I will answer like you did

You must still belive in US propaganda

The Cold war is over, and you should realize that not only USSR was Evil Empire, USA was and is it too :cantbeli:

Never used arguments above... :roll:

There are two states which participate in ISAF mission regardless the fact that politically are closer (becouse of their US criticism) to Russia than to the so called "west": France and Germany. Canada and others like Holland are not present in Iraq but fights with Talliban. Wonder why? Becouse this action is internationally legitimized and acknowledged (even by your government)...

Wolfe117
04-24-2007, 04:43 PM
If you are trying to say that the Mujahdeen were conducting terrorist activities against Afghan civilians during the war you had better provide examples of these incidents if you expect me to take your claims seriously. I am aware of a concerted effort to attack and destroy soviet forces and communist sympathizers, but not of the same tactics we are seeing today being employed at that time.

Even if they were, the US is not a parent that is responsible for the actions of the mujahdeen. They did provide anti-aircraft missiles and training for them as well as other weapons I imagine. However, I am not aware of any terrorist training the US provided to these people. Some went on to become today's Taliban and Al Qaeda, however, others went on to become normal people.

It's not unlike the Vietcong or NVA is it. So sad the cold war was so brutal in its proxy campaigns, but that was a different time and a different set of circumstances. There are HUGE differences between the USSR mission in Afghanistan and NATO's today. For example the level of resistance and casualties is much lower today than it was during the Soviet occupation. Probably because of more international support for our mission.

Ngati Tumatauenga
04-25-2007, 08:50 PM
First, USSR didn't invade to Afgan, because Afganistan goverment asked for the international help.

Really?

So how come the President of Afghanistan at the time, Hafizullah Amin was assassinated at the beginning of the invasion by KGB OZNAZ?

Seeing as he was the head of the government and all.

Oh, that's right, the soviets perceived Amin to be shifting allegiance away from USSR and towards Pakistan and China.

Couldn't have that could they...

Second, in that case NATO invaded to Afganistan, because legal afganistan goverment didn't ask NATO or UN to help them or enter the troops to their territory.

Except that the Taliban weren't the legal Afghan government.

I'm positive you don't.

Don't argue with with them. Afganistan war was pure political in nature and besides

Well done. Another useless post.