PDA

View Full Version : Crye

mobi
10-15-2007, 01:01 PM
does anyone have experience or comments on the Crye Precision range vest?

narbilistic
10-15-2007, 04:10 PM
You can get some reviews at www.militarymorons.com

mobi
10-15-2007, 04:26 PM
You can get some reviews at www.militarymorons.com (http://www.militarymorons.com)

yup...i found the vest at MM, need to know other opinions. thanx

StukaJr
10-15-2007, 04:26 PM
yup...i found the vest at MM, need to know other opinions. thanx

MM's opinion is the only opinion you need. Period.

mobi
10-15-2007, 04:28 PM
MM's opinion is the only opinion you need. Period.

than i guess it must be good...

mobi
10-15-2007, 04:41 PM
i was hoping to be able to mount a pistol chest rig...i'm not sure if the fabric is rigid enough to comfortable support a loaded sig22o...any comments on that application?

Mojo
10-16-2007, 01:47 AM
Just tried it. I guess it would depend on the type of Holster but a SERPA will not work. If you wanted to mount a 1911, that might work. What type of holster are you planning to use? I was able to get a better fit under the armpit, although i dont know how practical that would be.

mobi
10-16-2007, 02:40 AM
Just tried it. I guess it would depend on the type of Holster but a SERPA will not work. If you wanted to mount a 1911, that might work. What type of holster are you planning to use? I was able to get a better fit under the armpit, although i dont know how practical that would be.
i'm looking into a S.T.R.I.K.E. speed clip platform, with a composite holster...so far from Blackhawk?? appearently you can detach the holster and remount into a SERPA rig. still researching the possibility. I'd like to keep the mount away from under the armpit, cause i expect that to be the least material support on the vest...not sure. Do you know of some other holsters that would work?

Mojo
10-16-2007, 06:23 AM
Well, your best bet would be the Serpa as the only other system i could try would be my safariland 6004. I would try to find the old style STRIKE Molle adapter. They are still available on ebay and on a few websites. My vest is 1 size bigger than normal, although i have never had a problem with mag pouches. The pistol tends to want to fall because it is back heavy. With it under the armpit it tends to be more secure, well in a speed clip config anyway. Ill try to post pics tomorrow.

lt tahoe
10-16-2007, 09:20 AM
What about a Tactical Tailor MOLLE holster? Much lower profile than a SERPA.

ZoneOne
10-16-2007, 10:37 AM
What about a Tactical Tailor MOLLE holster? Much lower profile than a SERPA.

A CQC Serpa holster is by no way low profile. But if you mounted it on your chest, does it matter?

mobi
10-16-2007, 01:30 PM
keep em coming...the problem i'm having is not knowing if the different configurations work for me from pictures on the internet. i appreciate the possibility of holster rig falling with an additional adapter plate in between the vest and holster. It seems like i might have to go with a flat nylon holster with a larger supportive backer. Also might have to mount the rig at the rib cage.