PDA

View Full Version : Humvee's in IRAQ, Last 4 Years, Pics Please!

Ex REME Now MovieWorker
11-08-2007, 06:03 AM
Just a quick request for anyone who may have Pic’s/Photos of current IRAQ Humvee’s, Turtle Backs etc.... Why should we I hear you ask..?

Well I have to put together a folder of images for the possibility of reference for a film to be shot at the end of 2008, I’ve been given the task to find out the various Camo/Paint jobs that these Humvee’s had was its straight from the MT or painted out in the field etc... Little slogans piss takes painted on them, what was authorised and what was a punishable offence to put up there....?

Also, when I was serving we used to add our own little touches and bits of Gucci kit to make our lives that little more comfortable, Is there any Modifications, padding put anywhere, I-pods into Com’s systems, ****e like that that would make this look as near to a serving Humvee’s, rather than a Film Prop?

Please guys this is a genuine request and I want to get this **** right out of respect for all serving personal in the region.

Any Questions then please leave me a message and Thanks in advance for your help...

Jaeger07
11-08-2007, 06:10 AM
Search button?

Ex REME Now MovieWorker
11-08-2007, 06:12 AM
Yeah i guessed that, but its always good to speak to guy's who have been out there with them, you always get a better look and feel of what its all about....

Jarhead
11-08-2007, 06:29 AM
army.mil
usmc.mil

Chulo
11-08-2007, 01:25 PM
humm and how are u goin to work out all the copyright issues when people post them here? or is it just for reference? cause that u can find with an easy search

Ex REME Now MovieWorker
11-08-2007, 04:17 PM
Like i said its just for referance and peoples own personal experiance is what im after, were there any little things that a someone serving in the field would change or make better to give them a comfortable ride. I've heard of troops linking there ipod into the comms system, does this go on etc....
Im just trying to get a realistic look accross if the film goes ahead. hope you now understand what it is im trying to do..?

Sloppy Joe2
11-08-2007, 05:24 PM
Like i said its just for referance and peoples own personal experiance is what im after, were there any little things that a someone serving in the field would change or make better to give them a comfortable ride. I've heard of troops linking there ipod into the comms system, does this go on etc....
Im just trying to get a realistic look accross if the film goes ahead. hope you now understand what it is im trying to do..? my computer and photos are still stuck in Iraq, but i will give you a few details.

remember spit and piss bottles

ipods can be implemented into the comms system by skining the wires to a head seat and rapping them around the recepticle.

take out some of the screws on the seats, so that it can lean back (mainly for large built TC's since there comfort space is very small.

coolers full of ice and **** hijacked from the DFAC

human shape figures cut out from tape stuck to the outside (representation of how many kills that truck is responsible for)

foam decorative balls stuck on antenna heads.

external antennas for personally owned GPS systems.

storage containers welded to the turret to hold readily availible ammunition.

sharpened spikes or animals bones on front bumpers

camelbaks hanging from turret ring

for older turret seats, using a curled up sleeping mat and putting it around the seat.

mini fans for when your AC is broken, which happens a lot and contrary to belief that doesnt deadline your vehicle. the greatest are the fans with a spray bottle built into them.

it pretty much depends all on what you can get away with, and this is judged on a unit by unit basis.
i would say though the most important thing to comfort is the load-plan of the vehicle, having a system set up so that mission essential equipment is readily avaible. this refers mainly to access to water, ammo, binos, food, and making sure that all items are secured so that they dont go flying all over the place.

if i can help anymore, just shoot me a PM.

seraosha
11-08-2007, 05:33 PM
Y'all don't sit on the foam padding from MK-19 ammo cans?
We couldn't get enough of them, as the seats in our trucks sucked (mid 90's).

CH4RL13
11-09-2007, 05:56 AM
In my 1114 we installed an entire sound system. Complete with sub behind the TC seat. Removed the rear seat behind TC and put a piece of plywood over the whole to set the cooler and sub on. Padded the interior with kevlar blankets to keep noise and heat out.

Currently the popular 'mod' is to add as many lights as possible on the outside. This helps light up the road and blind any oncoming convoys.

seraosha: they have these new padded seats for gunners but we take the foam you speak of and either use them in turret for the gunner to rest his elbows on or to help supplement the kevlar blankets in keeping heat out.

31C

Ex REME Now MovieWorker
11-09-2007, 06:12 AM
Guys this stuff is great, a real insight, thanks alot.

Im looking at the time just after the taking over of bagdad during the search period and finding sadam.

This is really going to help, thanks for looking at this thread.

Anymore guys out there that can add to this the more the better....

Chulo
11-09-2007, 12:07 PM
we have a thread with franken vehicles from around the world, and im sure we had tons of Humvees in it.. i just cant find it..

Kingswat
11-09-2007, 12:13 PM
we have a thread with franken vehicles from around the world, and im sure we had tons of Humvees in it.. i just cant find it..

you can't find something? wtf? losing your skills already.

Chulo
11-09-2007, 12:33 PM
you can't find something? wtf? losing your skills already.
lol. its that time of the semester were i actually have to do work and not use my ninja search skills.. :P

the closest i got so far is the gun trucks one
http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=93045&highlight=technicals

but there is one with alot of u.s vehicles refitted

Chulo
11-09-2007, 12:37 PM
HA! found it!
http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=74223&highlight=vehicles

i would like to thank kingswat for giving me a challenge ..

Ex REME Now MovieWorker
11-10-2007, 04:48 AM
Cheers guys, great links, now they are some ugly looking vehicles, there like bigger versions of the 6x6 Saracens i used to drive in Northern Ireland in the Late 80's early 90's.

DeltaWhisky58
11-10-2007, 07:03 AM
There must be literally hundreds of Humvee images on this board - DO NOT expect others to do your legwork for you.

Ex REME Now MovieWorker
11-11-2007, 09:48 AM
There must be literally hundreds of Humvee images on this board - DO NOT expect others to do your legwork for you.
Im not, just want anyone with personal experiance with the HMMVW/Hummer and how they might have modified them to make life easier. Extras seat padding, ipod hook up etc.... Thanks

Dominique
11-11-2007, 10:36 AM
Bent metal clothes hangers, hung up at various points to hang the your freaking head sets on, 9-line MEDEVAC and UXO/IED reports taped to the radio mount, or door frames, the tip from a MRE spoon taped over the mic on the gunner's head set to cut down on the wind, burlap or camo netting strung over the gunner's turret.

Ex REME Now MovieWorker
11-17-2007, 06:57 AM
Cheers Dom, all good bud, many thanks.