PDA

View Full Version : Philippine Security Forces War Videos

CreepingDeath
04-02-2008, 02:59 PM
The following are various youtube colections of philippine armed conflict against terrorrists and rebels.

[embed]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="

please re-embed

spearhead
04-02-2008, 03:12 PM
Sorry this is my first time here... im still trying to figure out things here... ill be posting more videos soon about the war back home against muslim terrorrists and communist rebels.... may god bless the philippines....

goat89
04-02-2008, 03:16 PM
Its a repost btw. Good repost anyway. I still remember the part where the journalist says to the soldier going into the APC, which would assault the compound where hostages were, 'May you live long.' The soldier replies 'Thank you. This one's for country'. Brave men all of them.

spearhead
04-02-2008, 03:22 PM
Its a repost btw. Good repost anyway. I still remember the part where the journalist says to the soldier going into the APC, which would assault the compound where hostages were, 'May you live long.' The soldier replies 'Thank you. This one's for country'. Brave men all of them.

One of the marine tank commander seen there were also killed after that video were taken.

BTW, i got a latest videos here and an old one:

Patrolling Philippine Marines encountered some mulitple muslim bandits
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tt5nY8pQME&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/v/3tt5nY8pQME

Philippine Scout Rangers ambushed and beheaded (2000)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvWq-n_ux3U
http://youtube.com/v/GvWq-n_ux3U

spearhead
04-02-2008, 03:48 PM
The bodies of 57 dead philippine marines came home, some mutilated and beheaded. Aired August 29/07. Probe about the controversial Test Mission by the marines, was it right or wrong for young and newly recruit marines to go face to face with the live enemies in actual combat?

http://www.probetv.com/view_video.php?viewkey=3b337800875b5d382a07

Some photos of 14 dead marines arrival
http://photos-h.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v192/20/96/645611536/n645611536_752551_8649dotjpg
Philippines marines and naval personel u...
Manila, PHILIPPINES: Philippines marines and naval personel unload 14 slain comrades from a transport plane at the Philippine Air Force Base in Manila 14 July 2007. The 14 marines were slain and some were beheaded by Muslim extremists on the southern island of Basilan as they searched for kidnapped Italian priest, Father Giancarlo Bossi, following a tipoff that he was being held in the area. The Muslim separatist Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF), which is engaged in peace talks with the government, has admitted killing the soldiers. Arroyo has said the government will pursue the attackers but will not pull out of the peace talks. AFP PHOTO/Jay DIRECTO (Photo credit should read JAY DIRECTO/AFP/***** Images)
http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v192/20/96/645611536/n645611536_752552_8927dotjpg
A grieving relative stands beside to one...
Manila, PHILIPPINES: A grieving relative stands beside to one of coffins of the 14 slain marines at the Philippine Air Force Base in Manila, 14 July 2007. The 14 marines were slain and some were beheaded by Muslim extremists on the southern island of Basilan as they searched for kidnapped Italian priest, Father Giancarlo Bossi, following a tipoff that he was being held in the area. The Muslim separatist Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF), which is engaged in peace talks with the government, has admitted killing the soldiers. Arroyo has said the government will pursue the attackers but will not pull out of the peace talks. AFP PHOTO/Jay DIRECTO (Photo credit should read JAY DIRECTO/AFP/***** Images)
http://photos-b.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v192/20/96/645611536/n645611536_752553_9202dotjpg
Relatives stand in front of the coffins...
Manila, PHILIPPINES: Relatives stand in front of the coffins of 14 slain marines upon arrival at the Philippine Air Force Base in Manila, 14 July 2007. The 14 marines were slain and some were beheaded by Muslim extremists on the southern island of Basilan as they searched for kidnapped Italian priest, Father Giancarlo Bossi, following a tipoff that he was being held in the area. The Muslim separatist Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF), which is engaged in peace talks with the government, has admitted killing the soldiers. Arroyo has said the government will pursue the attackers but will not pull out of the peace talks. AFP PHOTO/Jay DIRECTO (Photo credit should read JAY DIRECTO/AFP/***** Images)
http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v192/20/96/645611536/n645611536_752554_9475dotjpg
Military personel are seen during a fune...
Manila, PHILIPPINES: Military personel are seen during a funeral procession for 14 marines who were killed 11 July on Basilan island, at the headquarters of the Philippine marines in Manila, 15 July 2007. The 14 marines were slain and some were beheaded by Muslim extremists on the southern island of Basilan as they searched for kidnapped Italian priest, Father Giancarlo Bossi, following a tipoff that he was being held in the area. The Muslim separatist Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF), which is engaged in peace talks with the government, has admitted killing the soldiers. Arroyo has said the government will pursue the attackers but will not pull out of the peace talks. AFP PHOTO/Jay DIRECTO (Photo credit should read JAY DIRECTO/AFP/***** Images)
http://photos-g.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v192/20/96/645611536/n645611536_752550_8375dotjpg
The flag draped coffins bearing the bodi...
Zamboanga, PHILIPPINES: The flag draped coffins bearing the bodies of 14 slain Philippine marines are lined up during a funeral wake in the church at the military base in southern Zamboanga city 12 July 2007. Marine troops searching for the kidnapped Italian Catholic priest Giancarlo Bossi in nearby Basilan island were ambushed by combined group of Islamic militants from the Moro Islamic Liberation Front and al-Qaeda linked Abu Sayyaf killling 14 soldiers and beheading 10. Philippine forces mounted an offensive against Islamic militants who killed the government troopers despite concern the action may damage efforts to rescue the kidnapped priest. AFP PHOTO / THERENCE KOH (Photo credit should read THERENCE KOH/AFP/***** Images)

Plausible Deniability
04-02-2008, 05:01 PM
Mutilated...it takes a BIG man to abuse a dead body. Makes me sick, cowards!

RIP Marines.

Unless of course they were mutilated by rounds or explosives, not as a sign of disrespect from the other side.

spearhead
04-02-2008, 05:34 PM
Those were mutilated by the islamic terrorrists. They have no respect! They're cowards!

I got another worst video scenes but i am not about to post it here. The video shows 6 or 7 dead marines lined up on a floor after their mutilated and headless bodies were recovered. Another one is about some captured philippine army soldiers being hacked to death, while another comrade was being beheaded alive, their hands were bound/tied behind their body while kneeling. They are somewhere in youtube.

Here is an old video about the 250 reinforcements of Philippine Army Scout Rangers to support the marine operation in mindanao:
http://www.gmanews.tv/largevideo/related/10510/250-Scout-Rangers-prepare-for-Sulu-offensive

Delta Niner
04-02-2008, 08:44 PM
one of the more frustrating part of that video was when the Marines were trying to lay down mortar fire and there were more dude rounds than good ones. i also remember that the US was offering an AC-130 Spectre gunship (US manned and maintained) for use by our AFP against the rebels but the Philippine government in all their perceived wisdom and intelligence turned down the offer.
i hope our soldiers would have better equipment.

timawa
04-03-2008, 02:06 AM
The following are various youtube collections of philippine armed conflict against terrorrists and rebels.

Philippine marines pinned down by MILF counter-attack
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmR3Y61QXPc

Not MILF (Moro Islamic Liberation Front) but MNLF (Moro National Liberation Front), which had signed a peace deal with the government in the mid 1990s. MNLF commander Habier Malik had detained a Marine general (later released) and shelled a town and Marine outpost. Marines hit back, and the video is of them taking his fortified camp.

timawa
04-03-2008, 02:15 AM
one of the more frustrating part of that video was when the Marines were trying to lay down mortar fire and there were more dude rounds than good ones. i also remember that the US was offering an AC-130 Spectre gunship (US manned and maintained) for use by our AFP against the rebels but the Philippine government in all their perceived wisdom and intelligence turned down the offer.
i hope our soldiers would have better equipment.

Improperly stored ammo. The battalion is supposed to regularly check their stocks. I know one Bn commander who was careful about that, I can't see why others can't do the same, and why others would blame the president for not doing their job for them. The brigade commander got sacked for the debacle.

Never heard anything about the AC-130 gunship. It would have done wonders for the US' reputation at the next OIC meeting. The US is not supposed to engage in combat missions in the Philippines. Both the Philippines and the US are clear on that so I doubt the offer was made.

timawa
04-03-2008, 02:16 AM
Mutilated...it takes a BIG man to abuse a dead body.

Unless of course they were mutilated by rounds or explosives, not as a sign of disrespect from the other side.

They weren't, and it was.

jackie yu
04-03-2008, 04:57 PM
Abu-Sayyaf attacks Basilan Town :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SS9_OXT75I

Abu-Sayyaf fighters speak out :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wToFtiJnji0&feature=related

spearhead
04-03-2008, 08:40 PM
Abu-Sayyaf attacks Basilan Town :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SS9_OXT75I

Abu-Sayyaf fighters speak out :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wToFtiJnji0&feature=related

Thanks for the videos, never seen these before. That 2nd video about the 2 abusayaff members speaing out is more like a hope for this seem like an endless battle in mindanao.

jackie yu
04-04-2008, 12:55 AM
I understand , we hope Mindanao unrest will over .

jackie yu
04-05-2008, 09:46 PM
I will ask everybody :

Why U.S no permit any country send or promote any oldest and new fighter plane to Philippines (To anti Mindanao unrest)? Is Philippines no accept U.S advantage ?

(Before Philippines has buy oldest F-5E/F <Buy Taiwan oldest mode>, F-16A/B , Kfir C-7 , Mirage-5 Reform Mode , MIG-29 , KTX-1 or KO-1 , and A-4 Reform Mode plan , but U.S all oppose . Reason is even if Philippines will accept U.S advantage , otherwise Philippine don't think buy any fighters to any country .)

If really , I hope U.S goverment to open wide ambition , permit themself and any country send oldest or new fighter plane to Philippines . Otherwise , how can stop Philippines just S-211 or OV-10 single-handed hard battle scene .

Badong
04-06-2008, 03:45 AM
I thought ISLAM is a religion of peace and respect.... what these abu sayyaf did really grosses me out..... i hope the AFP will do the same and mutilate their ****ing bodies and hang 'em high on trees.... i have respect for muslims but there are bad apples that rotted the basket...... RIP MARINES, SPECOPS....

Badong
04-06-2008, 03:47 AM
I will ask everybody :

Why U.S no permit any country send or promote any oldest and new fighter plane to Philippines (To anti Mindanao unrest)? Is Philippines no accept U.S advantage ?

(Before Philippines has buy oldest F-5E/F <Buy Taiwan oldest mode>, F-16A/B , Kfir C-7 , Mirage-5 Reform Mode , MIG-29 , KTX-1 or KO-1 , and A-4 Reform Mode plan , but U.S all oppose . Reason is even if Philippines will accept U.S advantage , otherwise Philippine don't think buy any fighters to any country .)

If really , I hope U.S goverment to open wide ambition , permit themself and any country send oldest or new fighter plane to Philippines . Otherwise , how can stop Philippines just S-211 or OV-10 single-handed hard battle scene .

dude that would be nice, with the CORRUPT generals and politicians here.... hell they even locked up the junior officers who are fighting for their rights and even jailed a couple of good senior officers..... we filipinos have the fight but we are discouraged what they do to our logistics....

timawa
04-06-2008, 03:53 AM
I will ask everybody :

Because F-16s, Mig-29s, F-4s or what have you offer Philippine forces no real advantage against the Muslim secessionists or the Abu Sayyaf. Fast jets are expensive to operate. Might as well use the money for helicopters, COIN aircraft, proper kit for ground troops, and civic-action programs to wean locals away from the extremists. In fact, that's precisely what they are doing.

timawa
04-06-2008, 03:56 AM
dude that would be nice, with the CORRUPT generals and politicians here.... hell they even locked up the junior officers who are fighting for their rights and even jailed a couple of good senior officers..... we filipinos have the fight but we are discouraged what they do to our logistics....

Dude, in case you haven't noticed, the AFP has been cleaning up its act. Those officers they jailed were trying to topple the government. Querubin and Lim have been at it since 1989. Do you remember how many people died during that coup attempt? Rights my ass. If they want to go into politics they should quit the armed forces first and try to get elected. Having a gun doesn't mean their votes should count more than any other Filipino. And it certainly doesn't mean they can decide on their own how the country should be run. Democracy, remember?

Badong
04-06-2008, 04:03 AM
if thats how you see it... i respect your opinion... they were trying to topple a unlegit administration... remember what they did in 2001. i agree having a gun doesnt mean they get votes go to ARMM and see for yourself... thats how they do it here in mindanao. how many soldiers died bcause stupid generals use military transportation for sight seeing trips and ignore distress calls.. if you're a philippine military which i think you are... you should know....

timawa
04-06-2008, 04:09 AM
if thats how you see it... i respect your opinion... they were trying to topple a unlegit administration... remember what they did in 2001. i agree having a gun doesnt mean they get votes go to ARMM and see for yourself... thats how they do it here in mindanao. how many soldiers died bcause stupid generals use military transportation for sight seeing trips and ignore distress calls.. if you're a philippine military which i think you are... you should know....

Whoa, you know of generals using aircraft and ignoring distress calls? Please cite your source. And it better not be the pinsan of the gf of the barbero of your lolo's gardener. Kwentong barbero, or typical knee-jerk negative assumption.

And what about 2001? Estrada resigned instead of asserting his presidency which, as a leader, he should have done. But even he didn't believe the position was worth it for him.

Badong
04-06-2008, 04:19 AM
Whoa, you know of generals using aircraft and ignoring distress calls? Please cite your source. And it better not be the pinsan of the gf of the barbero of your lolo's gardener. Kwentong barbero, or typical knee-jerk negative assumption.

And what about 2001? Estrada resigned instead of asserting his presidency which, as a leader, he should have done. But even he didn't believe the position was worth it for him.

thats why oakwood happened.... a protest done by idealistic officers... thats why estrada stepped down because of circumstances that would caused bloodshed... maybe its time for a civil war should happen here so it will cleanse the country???/ would you agree?

timawa
04-06-2008, 04:29 AM
thats why oakwood happened.... a protest done by idealistic officers... thats why estrada stepped down because of circumstances that would caused bloodshed...

Oakwood happened because some junior officers got it into their heads that they needed to "save" the country from its government, that they had to implement some hare-brained "National Recovery Program" that was big on rhetoric but really thin on how-tos. It was not a protest as they later claimed. That was just their excuse for being forced into their plan C because they spent more time with secret ceremonies than actually working on plans A and B. And we were supposed to trust them with the country's future? The Oakwood boys said they were willing to die for their cause but caved in less than 24 hours later without firing a shot after their wives and mothers called them on their cels and told them to get the f*** out of that mall they barricaded themselves in.

maybe its time for a civil war should happen here so it will cleanse the country???/ would you agree?

Great. I love people who talk about civil war to cleanse the country. Want to bet your wife and kids that you are not among the cleansees?

Kenshin
04-06-2008, 05:14 AM
thats why oakwood happened.... a protest done by idealistic officers... thats why estrada stepped down because of circumstances that would caused bloodshed... maybe its time for a civil war should happen here so it will cleanse the country???/ would you agree?

protest is fine as long as its not done illegal.

being idealistic doesnt mean they are right.

I would agree if they ban idiots like u from usingthe internet.

jackie yu
04-06-2008, 05:46 PM
To Timawa and Badong :

I know your mean , the goverment official corrupt and civil war are PhAF feel weak buy any new fighterplane cause . But my friend said , Russia promote MIG-29 to Philippines moment , Russia think about Philippines financial crisis , propose PhAF can advance hire MIG-29 , wait lease mature later , PhAF can to think buy MIG-29 .

But Philippines for U.S thrust , final , this exchange to declare abort .

And before PhAF will buy PRC's Z-9(to copy SA-365 , ought to replace S-76 or UH-1H ) hilicopter , but U.S waring , if PhAF buy PRC's Z-9 , U.S will stop economic to Philippines .

So , U.S pressure is PhAF unable obtain new fighter plane reason , too .

timawa
04-06-2008, 07:42 PM
To Timawa and Badong :

I know your mean , the goverment official corrupt and civil war are PhAF feel weak buy any new fighterplane cause . But my friend said , Russia promote MIG-29 to Philippines moment , Russia think about Philippines financial crisis , propose PhAF can advance hire MIG-29 , wait lease mature later , PhAF can to think buy MIG-29 .

And before PhAF will buy PRC's Z-9(to copy SA-365 , ought to replace S-76 or UH-1H ) hilicopter , but U.S waring , if PhAF buy PRC's Z-9 , U.S will stop economic to Philippines .

To Jacki Yu: Do the Muslim secessionists and Abu Sayyaf have an air force? They do not, so why would the Philippines need jet fighters to use against them?

spearhead
04-06-2008, 08:30 PM
To Timawa and Badong :

Hi there Jackie!

This is whats goin on in the philippines, with all the available and great wisdom that the phiilippine government have, decided not to waste their tax payers money yet in some modern fighter jets, missiles, and warships, all because the philippines don't have any actual hostile threat against them. That's why they rather have to spend their money in buying the right stuff to first defeat the domestic insurgencies. Remember, the philippines is still trying to demolish the chinese-inspired communist rebels and the islamic arab-inspired filipino muslim extremists. You know, these modern fighter jets, missiles, and hitech warships are not really necessary can be used against the filipino rebels and terrorrists. As what our friend Timawa said, they are too much to maintain and they dont work against terrrorrists even if these fighters are armed with plasma bombs, simply because they are too fast.

What they really need are some hitech helicopter gunships that can operate in any weather and night or day, regid anti-terrorrism trainings, and a lot of modern surveillance equipments, which what the filipino government is currently focusing on. That's why you dont see them flying any of these F-16s, etc...

Xfire1prod
04-06-2008, 10:52 PM
OBL has a wife and kids in southern (mindinao) PI no?

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd265/XFIRE1PROD/phil2dotjpg

jackie yu
04-07-2008, 02:02 AM
To Timawa and Jarhead :

Thanks , I understand your mean .

But in feature , PhAF to counter South China Sea's air defense , purchase or hire fighter plane have necessary . (Because Philippines and PRC have island supermacy dispute , in South China Sea . Besides , PRC's air or sea defence was enhance .)

spearhead
04-07-2008, 10:00 AM
OBL has a wife and kids in southern (mindinao) PI no?

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd265/XFIRE1PROD/phil2dotjpg

All i know that he is definitely one tough looking barako police.

Who is OBL?

Cpl Ho
04-07-2008, 10:04 AM
Who is OBL?

Osama bin Laden.

spearhead
04-07-2008, 10:37 AM
Osama bin Laden.

OH thanks man.

To Timawa and Jarhead :

Thanks , I understand your mean .

But in feature , PhAF to counter South China Sea's air defense , purchase or hire fighter plane have necessary . (Because Philippines and PRC have island supermacy dispute , in South China Sea . Besides , PRC's air or sea defence was enhance .)

Yup that's another issue goin on in the philippines. But you know to show off force with china might stir up some conflict. But i really agree that the philippines should atleast purchase some advance warships ASAP that are capable of ASW, & SAM, probabaly a couple of advance destroyers, frigates, and some missile cruisers. I say we need atleast 8 of these warships to be scattered around spratley islands or Luzon Sea as how we call it (stationed near or at philippine claimed islands/islets), and some at the vast philippine sea. However to do this task, the philippines probably have to spend some money right away from its emergency funds if ever they have one, and acquire these warships from france and united states that are for leasing or full purchase/financing that have long been offered to the philippines.

spearhead
04-07-2008, 10:45 AM
Some new tribute videos:

http://www.youtube.com/v/rumd37mlHlU

http://www.youtube.com/v/BZ0GFoDGV0s

spearhead
04-24-2008, 08:19 PM
More photos by the way (can't find any recent videos):
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g56/adroth92/docs/p1dotpng
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g56/adroth92/docs/p2dotpng
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g56/adroth92/docs/p3dotpng
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g56/adroth92/docs/p4dotpng

jackie yu
04-25-2008, 06:01 PM
To Jacki Yu: Do the Muslim secessionists and Abu Sayyaf have an air force? They do not, so why would the Philippines need jet fighters to use against them?

I forgot a footnote :

I use Colombia and Sri Lanka do a sample , Colombia and Sri Lanka has many year unrest , and FARC (or AUC) or LTTE almost no sizable "air power"(but before LTTE attacked SLAF base's little airplane , I think that is LTTE smuggle) , but Colombia and Sri Lanka are very value air or sea defence , to manage periphery situation .

So , before I said PhAF to purchase new fighter plane have necessity's cause , is PRC's strength raise in South China Sea . This is I worried .

spearhead
04-26-2008, 07:06 PM
I forgot a footnote :

I use Colombia and Sri Lanka do a sample , Colombia and Sri Lanka has many year unrest , and FARC (or AUC) or LTTE almost no sizable "air power"(but before LTTE attacked SLAF base's little airplane , I think that is LTTE smuggle) , but Colombia and Sri Lanka are very value air or sea defence , to manage periphery situation .

So , before I said PhAF to purchase new fighter plane have necessity's cause , is PRC's strength raise in South China Sea . This is I worried .

Philippines should really buy some multi-role fighter jets if they can only afford it and why not. They also need gunships that are armed with FLIR system, as they are really an effective weapon against terrorrists who are hiding in the jungle or even at the streets and buildings.

jackie yu
04-29-2008, 04:36 AM
You are right .

And maybe in future , PhAF will need these , but Philippines goverment will stop corruption:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJXfbTbLaK0

Xfire1prod
05-04-2008, 12:35 AM
All i know that he is definitely one tough looking barako police.

Who is OBL?

Barako coffee from Batangas is STRONG coffee... is "barako" police... stong cop?

Delta_Charlie08
05-04-2008, 03:20 AM
You are right .

And maybe in future , PhAF will need these , but Philippines goverment will stop corruption:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJXfbTbLaK0

that would be soooo cool if my gov't could get those:roll:

spearhead
05-05-2008, 11:14 AM
Barako coffee from Batangas is STRONG coffee... is "barako" police... stong cop?

Basically its a Hairloom tree in the philippines that also known as "Liberica".

But sometimes the tagalog word "Barako" also means, tough male, tough-looking man, a male cat w/ big head/face, and a wild boar. :)

jackie yu
05-05-2008, 05:04 PM
Today I see our Taiwan's CNA(Central News Agency) news said ,in last monday, Philippines Army and communist NPA force to occur fightiing in Mindanao . If everybody have correlation news pic or video , please can provide.

spearhead
05-19-2008, 01:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwsX7-lpORM&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/v/bwsX7-lpORM

spearhead
08-14-2008, 09:23 AM
Abu Sayyaf attacks Basilan town
http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/7SS9_OXT75I

Related Videos:

Lamitan, Basilan (1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-TLAFDUE80&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/q-TLAFDUE80

spearhead
08-18-2008, 10:05 PM
Tnx Jackie!

Latest images and videos of mindanao crisis:
Saksi: Govt vows to punish erring MILF members

08/18/2008 | 11:44 PM
http://www.gmanews.tv/largevideo/related/27387/Saksi-Govt-vows-to-punish-erring-MILF-members

Philippine Army soldiers patrolling the devastated town of Kauswagan
Credits to GMA Networks and folks: 40niner, sabra, and anak ni sarge of Timawa.
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m109/40niner_com/2008Mindanao/340x-1dotjpg
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m109/40niner_com/2008Mindanao/610x-15dotjpg
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m109/40niner_com/2008Mindanao/610x-16dotjpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r243/brotchador/HOSPITALSCENEdotjpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r243/brotchador/kia-1dotjpg
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/6145/2008817437492e4f7e0e60cmz0dotjpg
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/2315/2008817437582bc452208adil2dotjpg

Other latest military footages from youtube.com:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqKMbXEqXDI
http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/tqKMbXEqXDI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCm4zrTfrvE
http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/zCm4zrTfrvE

CreepingDeath
08-18-2008, 10:23 PM

aha ni dapit? sa iligan?

spearhead
08-18-2008, 10:56 PM
Reposted photos from related topic:

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r173/lancero_2007/20080813132117ENLUS0144406912186336dotjpg

Philippine military in Simba tanks enter a village for clearing operations in Aleosan town of North Cotabato province, 930 kilometres south of Manila, Philippines 13 August 2008. Philippine troops began clearing villages occupied by separatist rebels of the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) after three days of fighting that displaced nearly 160,000 people, a regional military spokesman said
[IMG]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r173/lancero_2007/20080813131951ENLUS0144406512186335dotjpg

Armed rebels from the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) patrol Camp Darapanan, their base in Maguindanao province, southern Philippines on 13 August 2008. Philippine government troops began clearing villages occupied by MILF rebels in neighbouring North Cotabato province, 930 kilometres south of Manila, after three days of fighting that displaced nearly 160,000 people, a regional military spokesman said.
http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/6886/610xgx2dotjpg
http://i35.*******.com/9k14dfdotjpg
http://i35.*******.com/25jxw91dotjpg

Heavily armed Philippine Army soldiers arrive in Lapayan village in Kauswagan town, Lanao del Norte province on August 18, 2008 after a raid by Muslim separatist rebels. At least 28 civilians and three soldiers were killed in a fresh wave of attacks by Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) in southern Philippines, looting businesses, burning homes and randomly attacking the mostly Christian villagers, officials said.

spearhead
08-19-2008, 01:39 PM
More on Mindanao Crisis:

QTV: Security tightened in Iligan City
08/19/2008 | 12:31 PM
http://www.gmanews.tv/video/27400/QT...in-Iligan-City (http://www.gmanews.tv/video/27400/QTV-Security-tightened-in-Iligan-City)

Saksi: Number of deaths in MILF attacks in Lanao Norte rising
08/19/2008 | 11:31 PM
http://www.gmanews.tv/largevideo/rel...o-Norte-rising (http://www.gmanews.tv/largevideo/related/27437/-Saksi--Number-of-deaths-in-MILF-attacks-in-Lanao-Norte-rising)

Meanwhile i wonder who ambushed this rebel leader:

Saksi: Notorious MILF commander wounded in ambush - AFP
08/19/2008 | 11:23 PM
http://www.gmanews.tv/largevideo/rel...n-ambush---AFP (http://www.gmanews.tv/largevideo/related/27434/-Saksi--Notorious-MILF-commander-wounded-in-ambush---AFP)

spearhead
08-19-2008, 02:26 PM
More on mindanao crisis:
http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/ji1G7icln4Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji1G7icln4Q

spearhead
08-19-2008, 04:03 PM
Asia News
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es28A3OYXLE&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/Es28A3OYXLE

jackie yu
08-20-2008, 06:12 PM
To Spearead:

Before I hear of our Taiwan's news , and see your GMA news program "Saksi" said , an attack Muslim's Catholicism militriaman team----"ILAGA", revive in Mindanao . Can you tell us ILAGA's history background ?

jackie yu
08-23-2008, 03:58 AM
I don't understand , where are AFP tanks(M-41/48) ? They are not join anti MILF Mission , in this Mindanao unrest.

farmerboy
08-23-2008, 07:47 AM
they are protecting a little person in manila

I don't understand , where are AFP tanks(M-41/48) ? They are not join anti MILF Mission , in this Mindanao unrest.

DavidDCM
08-23-2008, 08:46 AM
Philippines don't have any tanks. You probably confused them with the Armed Forces of Thailand, who use said tanks (M41 & M48).

timawa
08-23-2008, 11:53 AM

There's an M41 in a video used as a background in an interview. That is on static display at the AFP Museum. The AFP only had 7 M41s and they were retired a long time ago. We also never had M48s.

they are protecting a little person in manila

Get your facts straight.

jackie yu
08-24-2008, 03:12 AM
Maybe AFP no more money to buy tanks and fighter planes .

timawa
08-24-2008, 04:32 AM

No, it does not need tanks as much. You need tanks to kill other tanks, and the MILF and NPA do not have tanks. It's a matter of priorities.

jackie yu
08-24-2008, 07:21 AM
No, it does not need tanks as much. You need tanks to kill other tanks, and the MILF and NPA do not have tanks. It's a matter of priorities.

Hmmmm.......,I understand .

Before I see GMA News report , MILF have themself security check sentry , maybe MILF have a little goverment framework (I think).

Delta Niner
08-25-2008, 06:22 AM

nor to buy new rifles or better helmets, comm equipments, bullet proof vest, NVG's, the list could go on bro.

farmerboy
08-26-2008, 12:40 AM
well, what do they need and what are their priorities?

farmerboy
08-26-2008, 12:52 AM
yes, the situation has regressed to that. they control several parts of mindanao. even those populated by non-muslims and the government can not do anything about it.

Hmmmm.......,I understand .

Before I see GMA News report , MILF have themself security check sentry , maybe MILF have a little goverment framework (I think).

Cataduanes
08-26-2008, 09:32 AM
well, what do they need and what are their priorities?
I think Delta Niner said it best in his post, the AFP needs better equipment and new small arms. But i suspect (maybe wrongly) that the central government lacks the political will to strengthen an institution whose loyalty they are uncertain of (given periodic Officer agitation of one sort or another).

Sand Man
08-26-2008, 09:45 AM

aha ni dapit? sa iligan?

Kauswagan is in Lanao del Norte. Duol na sa Iligan...

Noy
08-31-2008, 02:09 AM
Philippines don't have any tanks. You probably confused them with the Armed Forces of Thailand, who use said tanks (M41 & M48).

Philippines has about 40 or so Scorpion light tanks. Thats just about the armor strength it has. The rest of the armor is composed of APCs

Noy
08-31-2008, 02:12 AM

Tanks and gunships will be very helpful especially for fortified MILF positions. Their checkpoints are well armed even with anti tank weapons. Tanks may also reduce the human casualties on field

Noy
08-31-2008, 02:15 AM
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c349/kingmanyak/2776685753_4a14f69d23dotjpg

Filipino soldiers celebrate in Langayen one of the villages in Pikit town retaken by government security forces from Muslim rebels of the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) after nearly a week of gun battle in southern Philippines, on August 14, 2008. The fighting forced 160,000 people to flee their homes in Pikit and other towns until government forces expelled Muslim insurgents who had occupied several villages. AFP PHOTO/MARK NAVALES (Photo credit should read MARK NAVALES/AFP/***** Images)

Noy
08-31-2008, 02:18 AM
Some other pics of the Philippine Military

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c349/kingmanyak/610xdotjpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c349/kingmanyak/marines3-1dotjpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c349/kingmanyak/bunroutfeardotjpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c349/kingmanyak/gearingdotjpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c349/kingmanyak/sentineldotjpg

Delta Niner
09-01-2008, 12:58 AM

i don't know bro, but have you ever heard of the term "preponderance of force", if you are a regular infantry in that area, wouldn't it be nice to have mobile artillery support at your beck and call and i believe tanks could provide that. :)

Delta_Charlie08
09-01-2008, 02:21 AM
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x207/delta_ekek/supertucanodotjpg
(Photo taken from Embraer Website)

we might need this in the Philippines......:)

Noy
09-04-2008, 11:48 AM
What is available right now are OV-10s
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c349/kingmanyak/paf1dotjpg

and McD MD-500MG Defender
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c349/kingmanyak/MGSdotjpg

that act as arial support for the ground troops. And believe it or not we still have commissioned T-28 "tora-tora" fighter/bombers.
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c349/kingmanyak/CASdotjpg

These act as the main air support to the ground troops

Lapulapu
09-04-2008, 03:10 PM
i don't know bro, but have you ever heard of the term "preponderance of force", if you are a regular infantry in that area, wouldn't it be nice to have mobile artillery support at your beck and call and i believe tanks could provide that. :)

i agree, never fight on equal terms. we need tanks to support infantry assault

Noy
09-05-2008, 04:07 AM
We have approx 40 scorpion light tanks. This will do well against the insurgents. But they have and are still acquiring rpgs...I dont know how long our inventory will last
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c349/kingmanyak/armordotgif

Noy
09-22-2008, 01:34 AM
MANILA, Philippines (http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/09/21/asia/AS-Philippines-Kidnapped-Children.php#): Two children kidnapped last week by Muslim militants in the southern Philippines were rescued by marines after a brief gunbattle Sunday, a military official said.

Marines captured two alleged kidnappers during the pre-dawn rescue of the two boys in a remote village in mountainous Patikul township on southern Jolo island, navy spokesman Lt. Col. Edgard Arevalo said.

Alleged kidnap leader Hajal Hatae, a former member of the al-Qaida-linked Abu Sayyaf group, managed to escape and was being hunted by marines, he said.
The Abu Sayyaf, believed to have more than 300 members, has been battered by U.S.-backed Philippine military offensives in Jolo and nearby islands and has resorted to ransom kidnappings to survive. It has been weakened by battle defeats and the killings of key leaders in recent years, but remains a key security concern in the country's volatile south.

Hatae's group kidnapped the two boys, age 2 and 3, on Sept. 16 and demanded a US$21,700 (1 million peso) ransom, Arevalo said. The boys' parents, who are prominent Jolo businesspeople, refused to pay and instead reported the abductions to the marines, he said.

http://www.iht.com/images/dot_hdotgif

http://m.fr.2mdn.net/518758/button_backupdotgif (http://ad.fr.doubleclick.net/click%3Bh=v8/3743/3/0/%2a/n%3B203119113%3B0-0%3B0%3B5025757%3B6734-190/90%3B26612449/26630306/1%3B%3B%7Esscs%3D%3fhttp://www.iht.com/pages/business/index.php?WT.mc_id=*******_170x60&WT.mc_ev=click) http://ad.fr.doubleclick.net/ad/asia.iht.com/article;cat=article;sz=190x90;ord=12220590089867? (http://ad.fr.doubleclick.net/jump/asia.iht.com/article;cat=article;sz=190x90;ord=12220590089867?)

After a brief gunbattle, the marines found the two boys shaken but unhurt in a house in Patikul which was abandoned by the kidnappers, he said.

The Abu Sayyaf, which has been blacklisted by Washington as a terrorist group for deadly bombings, beheadings and kidnappings, is still holding two female aid workers who were abducted Sept. 15 on Basilan island, near Jolo.

Government troops have stopped searching for the two women, who work for private aid groups, while negotiators led by a Roman Catholic priest try to negotiate their release, Arevalo said.

bilatibay ya!
09-22-2008, 03:44 AM
deputa na mga MILF na! armed to teeth the ILAGAs again, lets see how the dreaded ilonggos will suck them out, ang yayabang sa media, tumatakbo naman pag nilusob! to hell with MILF! !

Lapulapu
09-22-2008, 08:45 AM
to hell with MILF! !

and to GILF too

Sand Man
09-22-2008, 09:40 AM
Went to the province over the weekend and had a chance to talk with some of the troops on R&R from Mindanao.

They say there is a very large marsh area there in Jolo (the name escapes me, but it starts with an "L") where the MILF holes up. They said it's very difficult to get to, much less patrol ... and often times they get ambushed in that area.

They said it would be great if they had several of these...

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4885/stab03ue2dotjpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/stab03ue2dotjpg/1/w900dotpng (http://g.imageshack.us/img440/stab03ue2dotjpg/1/)

Don't we have Swamp Boats already?

JulietCharlie
09-22-2008, 11:08 AM
Wouldn't that be too noisy for patrols :)

Delta Niner
09-22-2008, 07:21 PM
Wouldn't that be too noisy for patrols :)

IIRC the new ones have very quiet engines and better firepower. wish the government could allocate budgets for those boats.

jackie yu
09-28-2008, 01:26 AM
Everyone, I want you watch a AFP News record movie-----

"God's army" takes aim at Philippine Muslim rebels:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRptIyKLfc0

Do you see ? The Mindanao Christan militia group "Ilaga" can use chainsaw and Japan Samurai sword to massacare Muslim ! Holy God.......! I can't believe!

bilatibay ya!
09-28-2008, 09:06 PM
Everyone, I want you watch a AFP News record movie-----

"God's army" takes aim at Philippine Muslim rebels:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRptIyKLfc0

Do you see ? The Mindanao Christan militia group "Ilaga" can use chainsaw and Japan Samurai sword to massacare Muslim ! Holy God.......! I can't believe!

hell yeah!!! ILAGA, the ruthless, fearsome defenders of Catholics, Christians in Mindanao!!! Long Live the Ilagas! Ilonggo Rats (ILAGA) are still the Bravest!!!

Noy
09-28-2008, 10:34 PM
damn it "this video is no longer available" ....where'd it go?

spearhead
10-09-2008, 04:29 PM
hell yeah!!! ILAGA, the ruthless, fearsome defenders of Catholics, Christians in Mindanao!!! Long Live the Ilagas! Ilonggo Rats (ILAGA) are still the Bravest!!!
The pinoy government should really be cautious in dealing w/ this vigilante groups and not pissing them off. Because once they defeat these muslim rebel groups, there is a potential they can become the next christian rebel group, as they already been dealing w/ the marxists who also are dominated w/ former and present christian followers.

BTW, i found this link from a former fulltime filipino journalist who have posted images of war in mindanao:
http://www.pbase.com/timonera/lanaowar08
http://www.pbase.com/timonera/day1&page=1

spearhead
10-11-2008, 09:10 AM
Reporter Ed Lingao Videos for Front Lines:
http://www.youtube.com/v/-5vbtkA7q44
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5vbtkA7q44&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/v/aD7ZnH2sBHE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD7ZnH2sBHE&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/v/AvnGP2Rx3I4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvnGP2Rx3I4

spearhead
10-11-2008, 09:29 AM
Ride in Huey by Ed Linago
http://www.youtube.com/v/9BFEXBJqujs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BFEXBJqujs&feature=related
Full version of his Encounters, Basilan 2002
http://www.youtube.com/v/jfTWRofY5M8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfTWRofY5M8&feature=related

Bushranger
10-11-2008, 09:40 AM
That is some cool huey footage. thanks.

spearhead
10-11-2008, 09:47 AM
OV10 RIDE BY EDLINGAO
http://www.youtube.com/v/azc9xpLgiHA

Basiln Encounter Part3
http://www.youtube.com/v/cVhEm8XmLQw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVhEm8XmLQw&feature=related

jackie yu
10-11-2008, 04:06 PM
Maybe PhAF need F-5E/F or F-16A/B MLU reform , or Kfir C-7/C-10 , Mirage 5 Reform , KTX-1 or T-6B , and Hawk Mk.109/209 , plus one Sqn. AC-130E.

Hilicopter are AUH-60L/AS-70M Blackhawk ,and Mi-17I/V ,to assist AFP anti Mindanao unrest........

Noy
10-12-2008, 12:20 AM
sux i cant hear audio from youtube or any video host site grrrr

Delta Niner
10-12-2008, 07:47 PM
Maybe PhAF need F-5E/F or F-16A/B MLU reform , or Kfir C-7/C-10 , Mirage 5 Reform , KTX-1 or T-6B , and Hawk Mk.109/209 , plus one Sqn. AC-130E.

Hilicopter are AUH-60L/AS-70M Blackhawk ,and Mi-17I/V ,to assist AFP anti Mindanao unrest........

everything you listed down are all just nice to have and wishful thinking. corruption is eating away our budget.

Delta_Charlie08
10-13-2008, 02:23 AM
Went to the province over the weekend and had a chance to talk with some of the troops on R&R from Mindanao.

They say there is a very large marsh area there in Jolo (the name escapes me, but it starts with an "L") where the MILF holes up. They said it's very difficult to get to, much less patrol ... and often times they get ambushed in that area.

They said it would be great if they had several of these...

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4885/stab03ue2dotjpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/stab03ue2dotjpg/1/w900dotpng (http://g.imageshack.us/img440/stab03ue2dotjpg/1/)

Don't we have Swamp Boats already?

hi Sand Man i think you're talking about the Liguasan Marsh its in south-central Mindanao (North Cotabato & South Cotabato Provinces):) Hope this helps....

jackie yu
10-13-2008, 01:33 PM
everything you listed down are all just nice to have and wishful thinking. corruption is eating away our budget.

Yes ! This is my wishful thinking happen . First , Philippines goverment will clear corruption question . But Philippines goverment never attention .

Killerkai1
10-16-2008, 07:31 AM
I have worked for two years for a London based NGO researching human rights and development issues in the Philipines, thanks for the thread, thinking of a trip to the country next year.

Noy
10-25-2008, 09:51 AM
it was actually really pathetic when a C130 crashed. This left the Philippines with just 1 C130 left......*sigh*

henzai
10-25-2008, 10:44 AM
MILF = GAM (indonesia) = South Thai Separatist
by their camo,weapon, n the same demand.......
and i guess the same brain playing fire with us, in SEA,
they gave them supply, weapon, ammo etc

Noy
10-25-2008, 11:17 PM
well its not hard to imagine that the separatists from the neighboring asian countries collaborate and supply each other. The MILF seem very well equipped and have managed to finance and arm a force of 10,000 fighters. I guess extremism is the new communism

henzai
10-26-2008, 10:26 AM
Oot................

junglejim
10-26-2008, 10:35 AM
well its not hard to imagine that the separatists from the neighboring asian countries collaborate and supply each other. The MILF seem very well equipped and have managed to finance and arm a force of 10,000 fighters. I guess extremism is the new communism

How so? How is the MILF well equipped, when the best that they can muster are RPG-2 copies with Sardine cans as canisters. Is it because you guys see them with M-16's? Lot's of people in the country owns them. Having 10000 fighters and all of them fully armed are a totally different matter. What you see in pictures are pure propaganda.

They've been fighting since the 70's and all they have to show for it are camps, that gets overan everytime theres an offensive. And they get their asses handed to them by Civilian Volunteer Groups or the Civilian Armed Force Georgraphical Units... armed with M1 Garands. So much so that they are only a threat to small towns.

As for Malaysia funding the insurgents, I suggest we only post that when theres evidence. Anything else is just flame baiting.

henzai
10-26-2008, 11:34 AM
ok.......
OOT

Noy
10-27-2008, 08:40 AM
How so? How is the MILF well equipped, when the best that they can muster are RPG-2 copies with Sardine cans as canisters. Is it because you guys see them with M-16's? Lot's of people in the country owns them. Having 10000 fighters and all of them fully armed are a totally different matter. What you see in pictures are pure propaganda.

They've been fighting since the 70's and all they have to show for it are camps, that gets overan everytime theres an offensive. And they get their asses handed to them by Civilian Volunteer Groups or the Civilian Armed Force Georgraphical Units... armed with M1 Garands. So much so that they are only a threat to small towns.

As for Malaysia funding the insurgents, I suggest we only post that when theres evidence. Anything else is just flame baiting.

well i sure hope you're right about this because I just joined the army (reserves) and will most likely be sent there if needed :cantbeli:

Noy
10-27-2008, 08:42 AM
dont you guys just love the name MILF? rofl

Noy
10-27-2008, 08:58 AM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c65/onofre3/610xdotjpg 2 months ago: Army troops load ammunition into a 105 mm Howitzer canon and fire into Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) positions in Aleosan, North Cotabato Province, southern Philippines August 11, 2008. The military poured more troops and intensified its artillery assault to flush out renegade Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) rebels from some 22 villages they had occupied in North Cotabato. The fighting erupted after the Supreme Court last week stopped government from signing a deal with the MILF that would have given them powers to control vast swathes of land in the south.

junglejim
11-02-2008, 08:02 AM
well i sure hope you're right about this because I just joined the army (reserves) and will most likely be sent there if needed :cantbeli:

You'll probably have more chance of bumping into me in the streets of Manila, than you would actually be called up to fight down south. Mindanao is a place suffering from serious BS by the media. I hope you know that even in Zamboanga the Muslims are out numbered, right?

Noy
11-02-2008, 11:50 PM
You'll probably have more chance of bumping into me in the streets of Manila, than you would actually be called up to fight down south.

and you can thank the underfunded Philippine Military for that!!!

Mindanao is a place suffering from serious BS by the media. I hope you know that even in Zamboanga the Muslims are out numbered, right?

this is true....and because of this and politics, makes the efforts of the soldiers on the field fruitless