http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/swat/site/downloads/llcooljsize1.jpg

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/swat/site/downloads/collinsize1.jpg

Saranof
07-10-2003, 04:17 PM
Dunno about that movie... :|

REMOV
07-10-2003, 04:32 PM
Dunno about that movie... :|
An arrested drug kingpin is transported by a Los Angeles Police Department SWAT team led by Jackson's character out of the city and into federal custody. Plans go awry when the kingpin offers $100 million to anyone who can free him.Source: http://us.imdb.com/Title?0257076

Eh, posters with political correctness: a black man, a woman, a Latin American and a white man. Where's a child and a puppy? ;)

a. enders
07-10-2003, 05:17 PM
Once more I have a vision....A vision of SUCKDOM!This movie will blow harder than a Sunset ***** whore on payday.

TFG
07-10-2003, 06:09 PM
ACOG for CQB? I wonder how thats gonna work out for him. :roll:

chazb
07-10-2003, 06:25 PM
Yeah, it will be crap, the bad guy is.....a former SWAT! now they have to battle one of their own, theres an original movie plot. I prob. see it for the action, and deal with storyline.

millhouse
07-10-2003, 06:30 PM
If you read my Analyzing Blackhawk Down thread, you know I am definitely not biased against movies....

This movie will make Navy Seals look like Saving Private Ryan.

:backhand:

Maverick77
07-10-2003, 08:31 PM
nice avatar enders

Dawn of the Dead rules

a. enders
07-10-2003, 11:35 PM
Thanks Airborne.First time anyone in a loooong time has caught what its from.

As for unoriginal plots (don't get me started,I'm a movie geek) keep in mind that the first Matrix is Gibson's Neuromancer.....

digitalghost
07-13-2003, 06:57 PM
Hey it looks cool I'm going to see it

REMOV
07-13-2003, 07:28 PM
As for unoriginal plots (don't get me started,I'm a movie geek) keep in mind that the first Matrix is Gibson's Neuromancer.....Ekhm... but this is a book not a movie. And idea of virtual reality (or virtual space) in movies or books isn't fresh. Long before Gibson's vision books about VR were wrote by Stanislaw Lem or Philip K. ****.

THEDUDE
07-13-2003, 08:51 PM
That ex-swat/bad guy shoots down a helo with 1 shot from a 308...bull****

theGHOST
07-13-2003, 09:48 PM
anybody else notice that it says MILITARYPHOTO's........................................................;)

digitalghost
07-13-2003, 09:53 PM
Dont worry, when the movie is released we can all critisize it when it comes out and laugh if it fails to meet our specifications

molly747
07-13-2003, 10:23 PM
Looks a little over-sensationalized. "S.W.A.T." will be to police officers what "Armageddon" was to astronauts. Totally realistic, I swear...

James
07-13-2003, 11:19 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

a. enders
07-14-2003, 12:34 AM
Remov,I realize that.Art takes from other art.IT's how it works,things inspire other things.I just pick on Matrix becuase it is always touted as soooooo "original" and neat-o-pow.(I like it,it's just not the second damn coming,dig?)

Salty Dog
07-15-2003, 12:00 PM
this movie is made by the makers of "XXX (triple X)" and "the fast and the furious", so that right there gives me negative vibes.

Light Fighter
07-15-2003, 05:57 PM
So, how many stupid little SWANNABE's you think will emerge from this movie, claiming they served with LAPD SWAT, or are SWAT or were at shootout in East(i beleave) Hollywood. Not putting to much into this movie, just another shootem up movie.

steppingrazor
07-15-2003, 06:14 PM
Dont worry, when the movie is released we can all critisize it when it comes out and laugh if it fails to meet our specifications

nice one. nyahahahahaha! rofl

Uncle ChŰ
07-15-2003, 08:02 PM
I saw the trailer on the official web site last month.

I was appealed by the subject too.

What I saw is another brainless pop-corn movie. The acting is bad, the casting ridiculous, the plot (if there is any) is minimal. And of course, the bad guy is French ;)

Sure there are some great action scenes but we have seen dozen of similar explosions and shootings already... :(

Nothing to do with a movie like BHD or even " The Negociator ".

a. enders
07-15-2003, 09:20 PM
Steppin' Razor in the heart of Babylon. ;)

Seraphim
07-23-2003, 03:45 AM
I was watching Bad Boys 2 tonight and there was a trailer for SWAT. You hear Samuel Jackson say " Get in your killing mode" I was like WTF??!! was that. That goes against everything SWAT stands for. Blah...well anyways, Bad Boys 2 was great...recommend seeing that.

RedSniper
07-23-2003, 05:09 AM
I dont know how this movie is gonna do but think about this, i remember watching alot of commercials for movies thinking they would BLOW ASS but then going to see them with my girlfriend or friends and just being blown away of how surpised I was. Remember, its hollywood, the people making this movie obviously spent alot of money on it (just look at the cast). Im sure it will be at least decent and alot of you will change your minds about it. But you are entitled to your own opinions so have fun ripping on it now so you can all have a good laugh when you relize you actually like it and wanna watch it again. ;)

He219
07-23-2003, 06:18 PM
The real deal...

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20030723/i/1058996918.4026916989.jpg

Heavily armed police stand guard after a shooting incident at City Hall in New York, July 23, 2003. A New York City councilman dedicated to stopping violence was shot and killed Wednesday in City Hall, one of the most tightly guarded buildings in America's largest city, but the shooting was not terrorism, officials said. *******/Chip East

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20030723/i/1058993302.3623968833.jpg

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20030723/lthumb.1058992008.city_hall_gunfire_xnyr302.jpg

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20030723/capt.1058990680.city_hall_gunfire_xnyr301.jpg

RIP NYC Councilman James Davis (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/us_shooting)

:|

a. enders
07-23-2003, 06:42 PM
Red,I have had that happen to me.Twice.In ten years of watching movies,about six years of watching them with a critical eye after deciding that would be my chosen profession,I've seen TWO movies I felt I was wrong about judging based on commercials.And let me tell you,Fast and Furry wasn't one of them.(I mention Fast and Furry in a "SWAT!" thread because the producers are the same)

Yes.it's Hollywood.A perfect reason not to trust them.Most Hollywood movies suck.Period.They're made specifically to get more money by aiming at a target demographic of idiot manchildren out to ****,ass,guns,explosions,and sucky cars.

Hell....Even Star Wars has gone that way.*insert weeping for humanity here*

HooyahCQB
07-23-2003, 06:56 PM
I read somewhere in a behind the scenes thing or something that the cast of 'SWAT' was actually put through real SWAT school..wherever and for how long they didn't say. I feel certain they will at least shoot from the shoulder with this movie. Remember this is based (probably loosely as far as the story goes) on the TV series. BTW. Bad Boys Two was a phenominal flick as far as MOVIES go. Best movie i've seen in a long time.

JiJoMacLE45
07-23-2003, 07:05 PM
And Demi Moore worked w/ real Navy SEALs for GI Jane and that movie sucked. We all have our crosses to bear and hopefully this will not do for real tac cops what BHD did for SOF guys. In other words, fifty-five million airsofters running around cutting their hair like Colin Farrell and straping Mag-lites to their toy guns as they strike SWAT guy poses.

On another note, I saw the preview where they put the penetrator through the wall of the house and then rip the whole wall out. That was cute, especially when you consider if you did that in real life you'd leave a hole about two feet by two feet because unless you catch a stud, all you're doing is punching a whole in the plasterboard.

It's funny how Samuel L. Jackson can bash the PD, but has no convictions against playing one when the $ are flashed. *******.

a. enders
07-23-2003, 07:11 PM
airsofters running around cutting their hair like Colin Farrell and straping Mag-lites to their toy guns as they strike SWAT guy poses.

rofl

(That guy doesn't do enough,found one that rolled and cried and screamed once)

He219
07-23-2003, 07:26 PM
I saw the preview where they put the penetrator through the wall of the house and then rip the whole wall out. That was cute, especially when you consider if you did that in real life you'd leave a hole about two feet by two feet because unless you catch a stud, all you're doing is punching a whole in the plasterboard

I just checked up on the trailer. It appears that they launch that Harpoon thing with expansion shields on it and indeed rip multiple studs by hitching the line onto a truck. Interesting entry technique. Realistically the Harpoon would slice through the curtainwall and go through the hostage instead.

That also reminds me of a scene in 'Escape from New York' where 'Snake' uses his SMG to shoot a circle in the wall and then crashes through it. What ever happened to traditional construction techniques in Hollywoood movies?

EliteWolf
07-23-2003, 11:22 PM
That ex-swat/bad guy shoots down a helo with 1 shot from a 308...bull****

actually, that helocopter was a Bell jet Ranger, a civilian helo. they are not made to be shot at like blackhawks and apaches are, and so one little bullet in the right spot will cause that kind of damage, military helos on the other hand are made for what else, war! and its hollywood anyways, WHAT DID U EXPECT? :)

DELTA, i agree dude, soon as this movie is out, it will start a new trend, just like blackhawk down did, and it was NORTH hollywood shootout, just to let ya know ;)

It appears that they launch that Harpoon thing with expansion shields on it and indeed rip multiple studs by hitching the line onto a truck. Interesting entry technique.
thats one of the favorite techniques by the israeli special forces units, i guess cuz barricaded suspected terrorists inside a building are concentrating and anticipating the troops to come in through the door, which they have there gun trained on, so the israelis rip a hole in the wall and bust in, boy i bet they love seeing the look of those suspects faces eh rofl

chazB, take that RANGER emblem off your TAG, if u didnt earn it, dont wear it, you will get alot of heat from guys around here for crap like that, and its disrespectful to the guys who worked there asses off to earn the true ranger title.

JiJoMacLE45
07-24-2003, 10:39 AM
That's taking a big chance just slamming that penetrator through a wall and hoping you catch a stud. And even so, if you do catch one and bring it out in one piece, you run a risk of collapsing the wall and sealing up your POE.

I had a chance to watch the Philadelphia PD SWAT team in action as an observer a couple years ago. They use a steel plate attached to the end of a ram fastened to their APC and use it to 'knock on doors'. I tell ya, prescisely planned destruction, devastation, and choreographed chaos can be a beautiful sight to behold.

He219
07-24-2003, 11:43 AM
thats one of the favorite techniques by the israeli special forces units

Just curious, building techniques in the middle east use concrete and brick wall composition as an economic building technique and for it's thermal mass. Wouldn't they need to blow a hole in walls using another technique rather than using a harpoon and having it bounce off? A normal .50 BMG round may slice through hollow core cinderblock and sandstone, but it seems like 120mm rounds are used most often...

;)

The LAPD has used this thing for a while and it even made an appearance in 'Die Hard', the movie.

http://popularmechanics.com/science/law_enforcement/1997/5/lapd_swat/images/9705STMIE.gif

USAF G
07-24-2003, 02:29 PM
When faced with a hardened front entryway on a crack houses, Miami SWAT used to use a truck with a winch. They would hook onto the security bars of a side window, pull the wall down, and make a dynamic entry. I hear it worked like a charm, as the BGs couldn't harden the whole house. ;)

TP
07-24-2003, 02:35 PM
TO chazb

http://www.75thrangers.us/brown.c/Sig4.gif

Thatís not a ranger
Itís a dutch Air Mobile Operator

http://www.luchtmobiel.nl/modules/Magnish/Gallery_folder/PeterWillemsen/DSC_0206.jpg

EliteWolf
07-24-2003, 03:29 PM
yea JiJo your right, i think the israeli special forces use explosive devices to blow a hole in the wall, much like a door breach charge only with a bit more "umph".

TP, he doesnt know that, hes a AA player in a clan that calls themselves rangers, but like i told him before, he better take the ranger patch off of there before he gets his butt chewed.

JiJoMacLE45
07-24-2003, 07:37 PM
Yeah I've seen the winches in action before as well, our CMTT actually uses that method. Usually in the fortified drug houses, the door is reinforced into a double door frame, so if you try to hit the door with a ram, you won't budge it. But strap those hooks onto the bars and it pulls the whole door frame out of the wall.

OzMan
07-24-2003, 07:52 PM
I'm not liking this movie already. I knew this movie would suck when I saw LL Cool J. If anyone in this movie will be shooting sidearm and from below the shoulder, it will be him.

You've all seen that awesome Charlie Sheen film Navy SEALs, right? Well, they had SEALs there too. And what a bang-up job that movie was. :roll:

Just from the pics I've seen, the equipment is wrong first off. They're using the wrong:

Helmets:
Looks like the standard PASGT. The real LA SWAT team has big rims on the front for riot shields.

Headsets:
I don't know what that is they're using, but a certain company specially made the LA SWAT team headsets, the LASH. Which, I'm sure we've all seen by now (i.e. Speed, Negotiator, Tears of the Sun, etc.)

Vests:
That looks like a plain-jane Point Blank Armor vest, maybe a SPIDER. The real LA team uses bigger and better ones, with balloon-looking zipper pockets.

Ok, enough armchair warrior for me. I believe it's Dominique's site TacLink that has some shots of the real LAPD SWAT team.

RedSniper
07-24-2003, 07:56 PM
Good observations Eagle ;)

ibstolidude
07-24-2003, 08:46 PM
what idiot would talk that high risk of a criminal out into public and place him infront of camera??

I fear this movie will go the way of "the fugitive" and the US Marshall's nationwide manhunt for Harrison Ford...ah - pick up an encyclopedia mr. writer.

Knave
08-04-2003, 02:51 PM
So, how many stupid little SWANNABE's you think will emerge from this movie, claiming they served with LAPD SWAT, or are SWAT or were at shootout in East(i beleave) Hollywood. Not putting to much into this movie, just another shootem up movie.

It was North Hollywood. February 28, 1997.

So, if you see a 17- or 18-year old kid claiming to have been in this shoot-out, remind him that he was 12 at the time...... :roll:

EAGLE FANS
08-05-2003, 04:11 AM
Headsets:
I don't know what that is they're using, but a certain company specially made the LA SWAT team headsets, the LASH. Which, I'm sure we've all seen by now (i.e. Speed, Negotiator, Tears of the Sun, etc.)

LAPD SWAT team use New Eagle headset after 1997, LASH is out time.

Vance
08-05-2003, 09:25 AM
Why do these kind of movies ALWAYS have to be set in either New York or California? It's NEVER anywhere else, it's like they are saying there are no bad guys outside of these two places. Please.

He219
08-05-2003, 11:55 AM
Statistically, the probability rate of criminal ocurrence is greatest in Large Metropolitan Areas, thus a more credible movie making venue, especially with the added benefits of existing cinematic support infrastructure and a large urban selection for scene location.....

He219
08-10-2003, 06:35 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20030811/capt.1060609948.box_office_nyet200.jpg

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20030810/i/1060550693.2886197292.jpg

Samuel L. Jackson and his gung-ho crew of Los Angeles cops captured the top spot at the North American box office as 'S.W.A.T.' opened at No. 1 with a better-than-expected haul of $37 million in its first weekend. According to studio estimates issued on August 10, 2003, the feature version of the 1970s TV show sent incumbent champ 'American Wedding' tumbling to the No. 3 spot with $15.1 million in its second weekend. A scene from the film, starring (L-R) Michelle Rodriguez, Olivier Martinez, Colin Farrell and Samuel L. Jackson, is shown in this file photo. Photo by Columbia Pictures/******* *******/Columbia Pictures

So who saw it and what do you think about it...?

Dennis G
08-10-2003, 07:38 PM
I Went and saw it with my kids its ok. It has its pros and cons like the good gear and the m4s sounded great and real. The first 90 min was cool and all the training stuff they did was badass and the best part of the movie the rest sucked some cons are that they make it look like all SWAT sniper trained and unprofessional and reckless at that. the story is dumb that $100 million to anyone that can break me out of jail thing. And airplanes landing on a bridge and SWAT having to slam a limousine to stop it. This plott point--which is the movies whole point also becomes its bombastic and protracted until all this stuff starts its a good movie. Kids will love and its worth going to see though.

SWAT Snipers: I hearrd that they shoot at ranges more like 300, 400 yrds in the movie they shot at like 1000yrds?

Seraphim
08-10-2003, 09:29 PM
They pratice shooting out 1000+yards, but I think the FBI stats on actual snipe shots are 100yards or less...I'll try to look for it.

OzMan
08-10-2003, 09:37 PM
The History Channel replayed the 4 part series "Snipers" today, and once again, I only caught "Part 4: Law Enforcement Snipers". They say that most "SWAT shots" come from around 40 yards, considering they are in urban terrain.

I found it pretty cool that the actors for SWAT were able to fire live ammunition in training, not just learn how to walk and point.

But I still don't like this movie. Then again, I am still yet to see it.

RedSniper
08-10-2003, 10:04 PM
I saw it Friday night with a couple of my friends. I thought it was okay and worth seeing but alot of it pissed me off and I know it will piss off all you military experts too. In like the whole movie they made it seem like theyre the only SWAT guys in CA and some parts in the movie were sorta cheezy but I dont think it hurt the movie too bad. ;)

burnt by the sun
08-11-2003, 04:28 AM
the movie wasn't to shabby. the bad guy thing sucked. they might as well have taken care of bank robberies and ****. but other than that seeing them training was kinda intresting. plot was lame though

hood
08-11-2003, 12:24 PM
I saw this one too. Probably the biggest thing that bugs me about movies (including this one) is that they have some big gun with what appears to be a massive suppressor on the end of it. When they fire it, it make as much or more noise than a regular shot. It might fall into the same category as "let's put every accessory on the guns as possible so they look neat." The funniest thing I saw was on The Agency on CBS where FBI agents go to storm a house. One of the guys had an mp5 with every conceivable attachment, including a scope on there that was easily as big as the gun itself. Probably 5 inches in diameter. Back to SWAT, I'm a fan of Colin Farrell so I liked this one. Great gun sounds.

Midtown
08-11-2003, 03:04 PM
thought it was a good movie till the plane landing and whatnot. They went from SWAT to Street fighter stuff in like 5 minutes, F%$#ed up trasition.

Seraphim
08-11-2003, 03:26 PM
I saw this one too. Probably the biggest thing that bugs me about movies (including this one) is that they have some big gun with what appears to be a massive suppressor on the end of it. When they fire it, it make as much or more noise than a regular shot. It might fall into the same category as "let's put every accessory on the guns as possible so they look neat." The funniest thing I saw was on The Agency on CBS where FBI agents go to storm a house. One of the guys had an mp5 with every conceivable attachment, including a scope on there that was easily as big as the gun itself. Probably 5 inches in diameter. Back to SWAT, I'm a fan of Colin Farrell so I liked this one. Great gun sounds.

I think I saw the same episode...was it when some girl got kidnapped. They went in with MP5SD's...with of course the cool looking laser pointers everywhere.

Apogee
08-11-2003, 03:30 PM
[quote="Dennis G"]This plott point--which is the movies whole point also becomes its bombastic and protracted until all this stuff starts its a good movie. Kids will love and its worth going to see though.

quote]

If you went to see this movie for the plot, you were sadly mistaken. Come on now. You go to see a movie like this for door kicking and explosions. Not a heart wrenching plot with lots of turns. Be serious.

Zoomie
08-11-2003, 03:36 PM
I just saw this movie, it was ok for being a movie but there's a few things that bugged me.

The first thing was the eney sniper that nailed the copter. What the heck is that thing on the end of the rifle?? I don't know what it was, but I sure can tell you that did't look like a .50cal.

Number 2- The Claymore. Correct me if I'm wrong, I've never handled one. But doesn't a claymore require some sort of an electrical current to detonate it, thus using the clicker? And it's C4, isn't it not supposted explode when shot at? If so what set of the claymore?

The last one- where's Colin Farrell's primary weapon during the last part of the movie??

Desert-Fox
08-11-2003, 04:01 PM
Damn you people think to much its just a bloody movie!

hood
08-11-2003, 04:51 PM
yeah... but then again movies are meant to be ragged on. :)

http://www.aixgaming.com/archives/dean_spam.jpg (http://www.aixgaming.com/archives/000667.html)

Zoomie
08-11-2003, 05:41 PM
So Rommel187, what do you think about movie critics?

DixieDude
08-11-2003, 06:49 PM
I saw the movie...not bad cept for the cheezy remarks and the plane landing on the bridge....but that's hollywood for ya :roll:

OzMan
08-11-2003, 10:50 PM
About the claymore, I've never handled one either, but I know that they cannot be detonated without an electrical current. That's one of the benefits of plastique explosives. They can be exposed to open flames without igniting. Things like matches and bullets just don't burn hot enough and don't pack the power of an electrical shock to set them off.

And about cheezy lines, that's another reason why I don't like movies like this. I just can't stand it when people like Colin Ferrel utter the dumbest things the situation could call for: "Ok guys, this is what we trained for." :fork:

Or when Samuel L Jackson and that girl (Martinez?) forget the basics of SWAT doctrine by encouraging a "killing mode", and being "tickled" by it.

ogukuo72
08-12-2003, 04:26 AM
It's not the current that sets the PE off. The current sets off the detonator, which sets off the PE.

gaboki
08-12-2003, 08:02 PM
airsofters running around cutting their hair like Colin Farrell and straping Mag-lites to their toy guns as they strike SWAT guy poses.

rofl

(That guy doesn't do enough,found one that rolled and cried and screamed once)

LMAO!
quick let him go outside!
i dont think jijo has seen the light of day for awhile!

Seraphim
08-16-2003, 02:34 AM
Just saw the movie. It was actually pretty good for what it was suppose to be. ACTION FLICK. Im really glad they took out the scene where Samuel says "lets get into killing mode" Gun sounds were good...the semi recreation of the hollywood bank robbery was nice. Some scenes I was like "and they showed that for what" like they needed to make the movie longer. Plus, I dont know how good your hand is going to be in a fight after a knife went through it. Also about the sniper rifle that Gamble has that shoots down the helo...Samuel mentions that it must of been a 50...when it showed the rifle cartridges, looked like a 308. Not too sure, have to watch it again.