PDA

View Full Version : Top Ten Most Powerful Countries

Sayeret
06-24-2004, 12:19 AM
Which country on the planet has the most powerful armed forces? It's not a matter of numbers, although that's a major factor. It's more a matter of other things that are not often discussed.

By size (number of troops), the top ten nations looks like this;

China
United States
India
Korea, North
Russia
Korea, South
Pakistan
Israel
Turkey
Iran

But anyone who has studied military history knows that the number of troops is a misleading measure. There are several factors that make the troops of one army more effective than others. The most obvious modifying factor is weapons and equipment (quantity and quality). Closely related to this are the “combat support” elements. The most important of these are logistics (being able to move troops, and their supplies, long distances and in a timely manner) and maintenance (keeping things in repair and running under all conditions.) Then there are the intangibles (like leadership, training and the most intangible item of all; military tradition.) Apply all of those to the raw number of troops and you get different number. This number is called "combat power."

Top Ten By Combat Power

United States
China
Israel
India
Russia
Korea, South
Korea, North
United Kingdom
Turkey
Pakistan

The most unusual entry here is Israel. But this is because Israel is one of the few nations to have a reserve army that can be mobilized for action more quickly than most countries can get their active duties into shape for combat. The mobilized Israeli armed forces number over half a million troops. In addition, the Israelis have world class equipment and weapons, as well as exceptional intangibles. The downsize of this is that mobilizing its armed forces also cripples the Israeli economy. Under these conditions, Israel must conduct a war that ends within a few months. After that, supplying the armed forces becomes difficult and actual combat power begins to decline.

The other nations in the top ten have large armed forces that are well equipped and trained, at least compared to most nations farther down on the list. Britain’s armed forces, like Israel’s, are better equipped, trained and more experienced than most. Turkey benefits from having a strong military tradition and excellent leadership at the small unit level, as well as good combat training.

Overall, the U.S. combat power is about three times that of second place China, and ten times that of tenth place Pakistan. But another modifying factor is how you plan to use that combat power. Wars are not fought in a vacuum, but in places that often inconvenient places for one side. Most armed forces are optimized for fighting on their own borders; for defending the homeland. Only the United States is capable of quickly moving lots of combat power to anywhere on the planet. Moreover, given a few months, the United States can put enough combat power just about anywhere, and become the major military force in that neighborhood. Countries like Britain and France can move some forces to just about anywhere on the planet. But no one can put forces anywhere quite like the United States.

For most nations with powerful armed forces, it's mainly a matter of having the most formidable military force in the neighborhood.

http://www.strategypage.com/dls/articles/2004617.asp

Sayeret
06-24-2004, 12:22 AM
I would think that the United Kingdom would be closier to the top. Also I thought that South Korea wasn't as strong as North Korea.

Secret Squirrel
06-24-2004, 12:24 AM
I would think that the United Kingdom would be closier to the top. Also I thought that South Korea wasn't as strong as North Korea.

you forgot the link?

Midav
06-24-2004, 12:27 AM
It's at Strategy Page (http://www.strategypage.com/)

Read it the other day, hence why I know :D

Secret Squirrel
06-24-2004, 12:30 AM
It's at Strategy Page (http://www.strategypage.com/)

Read it the other day, hence why I know :D

thanks woot

Midav
06-24-2004, 12:32 AM
Yw.

Flagg
06-24-2004, 12:49 AM
The Rogue Nation of Flagg would be on that list, if it weren't for the lack of a small quantity of weapons grade plutonium..... :roll:

VorpalDoom
06-24-2004, 01:20 AM
I really think the UK should be right under israel, which should be right under the US (in the combat power) i dont see hwo india is up there...
meh. :roll:

Yes Man
06-24-2004, 01:43 AM
This would be much easier if people just ranked the most powerful nations by the nations with the most 'spendable money' (i.e. the amount of money that can be spent before people in the country can no longer live).

Khabbi
06-24-2004, 01:54 AM
The list must be wrong . didnt see Tibet on it

RavenW
06-24-2004, 01:58 AM
or boy I've been reading this topic on Strategy Forum for few month already... it's sooooo silly.

It's like saying "if whale would fight elephant who would win?"

I mean, this is just pointless topic without discussing the conflict, means, place, and other stuff... like goals for example.

RavenW
06-24-2004, 02:16 AM
Anyway, in general I think:

1. USA
2. Russia
3. China
4. Great Britain
5. France
6. India
7. Israel
8. Pakistan/Iran

just because they can nuke anyone they want...

9. Germany
10. Australia
11. Turkey

etc

In terms of Air Force

1. USA
2. Russia
3. Great Britain
4. Israel
5. France
6. Germany
7. Belgium
8. India
9. China
10. Australia

In terms of logistics

1. USa
2. the rest of the world

In terms of military intelligence

1. Israel
2. Great Britain
3. Russia (interchangable with USA)
4. USA (interchangable with Russia)
5. France

In terms of "spy" intelligence

1. Israel
2. Russia
3. USA
4. Great Britain
5. China
6. France
7. Iran

In terms of sheer numbers (power)

1. USA (great weapons + 3rd largest country in the world)
2. Russia (good weapons + very large country)
3. China (fair weapons + 1st largest country in the world)
4. India (good weapons + 2nd largest country in the world)
5. Israel (citizen-soldier state, 5 million of very motivated individuals)
5. Great Britain/France (great weapons + large population)

In terms of military moral/willingness to fight and win

1. Israel (necessaty for survival)
2. Great Britain (very patriotic)
3. Russia (very patriotic)
4. Ireland (very patriotic)
5. South Korea/North Korea
6. USA/Germany
7. Japan

I am not saying this list is right.
I am saying this is what I think of the world's armies strength. Hopefully I am not very far in my calculations.

Jack Mehoff
06-24-2004, 02:27 AM
6. USA/Germany
7. Japan

So much for people accusing Americans are flag-waving patriotic yanks http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/laughing/1grlaugh2.gif

UoUo
06-24-2004, 02:37 AM
Anyway, in general I think:

1. USA
2. Russia
3. China
4. Great Britain
5. France
6. India
7. Israel
8. Pakistan/Iran

just because they can nuke anyone they want...

9. Germany
10. Australia
11. Turkey

etc

In terms of Air Force

1. USA
2. Russia
3. Great Britain
4. Israel
5. France
6. Germany
7. Belgium
8. India
9. China
10. Australia

In terms of logistics

1. USa
2. the rest of the world

In terms of military intelligence

1. Israel
2. Great Britain
3. Russia (interchangable with USA)
4. USA (interchangable with Russia)
5. France

In terms of "spy" intelligence

1. Israel
2. Russia
3. USA
4. Great Britain
5. China
6. France

In terms of sheer numbers (power)

1. USA (great weapons + 3rd largest country in the world)
2. Russia (good weapons + very large country)
3. China (fair weapons + 1st largest country in the world)
4. India (good weapons + 2nd largest country in the world)
5. Israel (citizen-soldier state, 5 million of very motivated individuals)
5. Great Britain/France (great weapons + large population)

In terms of military moral/willingness to fight and win

6. USA/Germany
7. Japan

I am not saying this list is right.
I am saying []ithis that what I think of the world's armies strength. Hopefully I am not very far in my calculations.[/i]

You know...israel has larger Air force from the Uk...in fact israel have the largest Air Force in the Westren world...after USA. :D

With are new 101 F-16I. :D

BTW: who said we have nukes? ;)

RavenW
06-24-2004, 03:09 AM
BTW: who said we have nukes? ;)

who? what? why? ... hm ... ;) nobody woot

Kriz
06-24-2004, 03:38 AM
What Belgium a larger airforce the India, I think we have maybe 5 F 16's so ... :D

Bombtrack
06-24-2004, 03:43 AM
Size doesn't matter folks

Remember that at the outbreak of WW2, France had the largest and most powerful military in the world, and even that didn't work for em

RavenW
06-24-2004, 03:49 AM
What Belgium a larger airforce the India, I think we have maybe 5 F 16's so ... :D

You know...israel has larger Air force from the Uk...in fact israel have the largest Air Force in the Westren world...after USA.

With are new 101 F-16I.

you're right

I think better list would be

1. USA
2. Russia
3. Israel
4. Great Britain
5. France
6. Germany
7. India
8. China
9. Australia

and for the navy...

1. USA
2. Russia
3. Great Britain
4. France
5. China
6. Australia
7. Japan (I guess)
8. Italy
9. Israel
10. Norway
11. India
12. Turkey

(I am not sure where to put Germany in terms of navy)

As always, I am not saying this list is right, it's just my perseption of world's strongest military powers.

RavenW
06-24-2004, 03:52 AM
Size doesn't matter folks

Remember that at the outbreak of WW2, France had the largest and most powerful military in the world, and even that didn't work for em

Actually, if I am not mistaken Soviet Union (believe it or not) had the strongest armored army right before the start of the war (it still does not mean anything... it lost BIG time in the first 2 years of war because of stupidity of Stalin and panick on key fronts).

As for Navy, I think US had the strongest naval force (before Pearl Harbor), but British and especially Germany were very well equiped, too.
And Japanese, of course. :)

RavenW
06-24-2004, 03:59 AM
One thing for sure.

If USA, Great Britain, Russia and Israel would unite today their forces and would fight, they would rule the world... pretty much for next century.

USA+UK+RUSSIA+ISRAEL=World Super Duper Power

Just kidding ;) we wouldn't do that... :(

But I think we would definitely won the new World War in matter of 5-7 years if we put our effort together.

Abbyy
06-24-2004, 04:47 AM
Thanks for a lot of good words about Russian military. I'm agree that Russia should be in top ten but i doubt about 3rd and 2nd places for it.
At least for Navy due to their bad shape.

Tengu
06-24-2004, 06:08 AM
What Belgium a larger airforce the India, I think we have maybe 5 F 16's so ... :Dwe have alot more but still we have one of the smallest armies in europe

digrar
06-24-2004, 06:34 AM
Emu bitter is tops.

SeanAshi
06-24-2004, 06:56 AM
We may not have the most troops but the massive US Navy gives us great advantage over all.

Mark Sman
06-24-2004, 06:57 AM
1 USA: Well, obviously.
2 Russia: Down but not out. Gotta count will to fight.
3 China: Restaurant on a street corner, everywhere.
4 Texas: Try telling the Texans. I dare you.
5 UK: Lotsa experience. Willing to give it a go.
6 Microsoft: You laugh, but you fight them. Not me.
7 Germany: Great gadgets, great soldiers. Would rate higher but EU has f'd em up.
8 S. Korea: Hardcore.
9 France: We may joke, but a strong professional dance team.
10 Japan: Pacificsts you say? One good drunk and its Banzai all over again.

n4292936
06-24-2004, 07:24 AM
7 Germany: Great gadgets, great soldiers. Would rate higher but EU has f'd em up.
I dont think Japan is being given their due credit. They have an exceptionaly well trained and resourced defence force. Don't mistake a pacifist constitution for an inability to fight - I assure you, Chinese strategists are not making that mistake.

MolliG
06-24-2004, 08:06 AM
I think it would be best if you could split the lists into Offensive and Defensive. Nowadays the US is really the only country that could launch a successful attack by it's self, with us Europeans, when 'united', and China following behind. Russia could probably pull it off with a sheer load of hard work, but then there's still doubt. But defensive wise Russia, Israel, Japan and a number of other countries could easily fend off a 'proper' invasion...

Do you see what I mean?

:)

J-10
06-24-2004, 08:12 AM

I agree your list. :lol:

Durandal
06-24-2004, 10:00 AM
As always, I am not saying this list is right, it's just my perseption of world's strongest military powers.

Your perception is wrong.

Study a bit more then come back and tell us what you learned...

...grasshopper.

anonymous individual
06-24-2004, 10:25 AM

...grasshopper.

It is his opinion. Don't critize it. Respect it.

n4292936
06-24-2004, 10:33 AM

...grasshopper.
Durandal, if you're going to criticise someone's comments dont just suggest they read a book and have faith in your infallability and almighty wisdom. If you think hes wrong spell out a reasoned argument telling him why. You convince no one by doing otherwise.

Mark_Aspen
06-24-2004, 10:36 AM
I think he was being tongue-in-cheek. Anyway.

What about ability to project and sustain the power? Isn't there something called a law of diminishing returns? I'd say that Israel, Korea, India and Pakistan for example, see our edge decline the further away we'd need to project the power. What can I say, we don't have staying power away from home.

Durandal
06-24-2004, 10:38 AM
It is his opinion. Don't critize it. Respect it.

Criticism is healthy. It helps us learn and understand others, especially if we are wrong. His "opinion" on who has the largest air forces is WRONG. Rather than spoon feed him the info, we should have him do a little research and come back with the correct answer.

Chill out and let this guy learn some more.

Jesus, some of you are such candy-asses.

If you tell me the earth is flat, fine that is your opinion. That doesn't mean you are not a moron. ;)

anonymous individual
06-24-2004, 11:08 AM
Critisim is good as long as it is done in a constructive fashion.

Yes Man
06-24-2004, 02:14 PM
The problem with these lists is that they are based on the state of readiness that a country is at today and not the power of the country.

Do you really think that if Germany got its war machine going it would not be able to crush Israel? Canada could probably mop the floor with Israel. The thing is many of the powerful nations in the world have no interest in there military, but that could change by a simple transfer of money from one account to another.

EDIT: Kind of sad, but I just checked the fact book ( http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/ca.html ) and Canada spends more money on its military than Israel. I wonder what we are doing wrong :oops:

Black Dots
06-24-2004, 02:29 PM
Another point to consider is how well a nation’s economy transition from a peaceful economy to a wartime economy. Although England is a relatively small country, they have been able to punch above their weight throughout history due largely in part to an efficient financing system (especially regarding access to credit, perhaps the most overlooked aspect of potential military power) that has fueled a technologically advanced industrial infrastructure. Which, in turn, could be focused on producing the goods needed for war.

Although China has a huge population and large standing army, it lacks the industrial and, most importantly, financial infrastructure to efficiently focus the nation’s resources during a time of crisis. Coupled with China’s inability to project power in any meaningful way, I feel that many people overestimate China’s capabilities.

The same mistake was made regarding Russia in the 18th and early 19th centuries. Russia had a huge population relative to Europe, but it’s lack of industrial and financial muscle prevented it from actualizing its military potential.

Operation Ivy
06-24-2004, 02:30 PM
Canada could probably mop the floor with Israel

your askin for it buddy

Black Dots
06-24-2004, 02:30 PM
EDIT: Kind of sad, but I just checked the fact book ( http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/ca.html ) and Canada spends more money on its military than Israel. I wonder what we are doing wrong

No nukes and regional tranquility = decreased military power. No shame in relatively secure borders. :)

Yes Man
06-24-2004, 02:35 PM
EDIT: Kind of sad, but I just checked the fact book ( http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/ca.html ) and Canada spends more money on its military than Israel. I wonder what we are doing wrong

No nukes and regional tranquility = decreased military power. No shame in relatively secure borders. :)

I know we have a decreased military power, but why is our decreased military power costing us more than Israel?

Also I think nukes would be a small problem. Does Canada still own some BTW, I know there are none in country but I remember reading somewhere that we still owned a few.

IDFM203
06-24-2004, 02:37 PM
The problem with these lists is that they are based on the state of readiness that a country is at today and not the power of the country.

Do you really think that if Germany got its war machine going it would not be able to crush Israel? Canada could probably mop the floor with Israel. The thing is many of the powerful nations in the world have no interest in there military, but that could change by a simple transfer of money from one account to another.

EDIT: Kind of sad, but I just checked the fact book ( http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/ca.html ) and Canada spends more money on its military than Israel. I wonder what we are doing wrong :oops:Ok I see your point, though I think your use of the words “mop the floor” and “crush” is a huge exaggeration (I mean we know what’s its like to face numbers of over 15, 17 or even 20 to 1 so I wouldnt say crush ;) ) but even if I accept your premise that those nations or others that you outlined, if they were to be at full production potential and capacity, well then nuclear weapons comes into play and well what was "allegedly" written on our first "alleged" nuclear bomb was "Never Again" and well lets just say that irregardless of how big anyone gets, I don’t think any sane western nation will start with Israel, for nukes can be a great equalizer irregardless of the size of the armed forces of the “enemy” nation it faces.

Lastly you say “Canada could probably mop the floor with Israel” if they had etc… well all I know is as your “edit” mentions, you do spend more then us now and well I believe NOW if we would face each other, well it would be us that would be doing the mopping, I think thats pretty clear p-)

Shalom, eh? :D

Saint
06-24-2004, 03:03 PM
haha well said

Black Dots
06-24-2004, 03:15 PM
Lastly you say “Canada could probably mop the floor with Israel” if they had etc… well all I know is as your “edit” mentions, you do spend more then us now and well I believe NOW if we would face each other, well it would be us that would be doing the mopping, I think thats pretty clear

Are we talking about a steel cage match? That would be a pretty sweet way to settle international disputes. :D

Cassiar
06-24-2004, 03:26 PM

I know we have a decreased military power, but why is our decreased military power costing us more than Israel?

Canada doesn't receive billions of dollars in military aid from the US that the Israelis do.

Moledet
06-24-2004, 03:27 PM

Canada doesn't receive billions of dollars in military aid from the US that the Israelis do.
*3 billions.
Still they waste too much for a military force of 35,000 soldiers.

Sayeret
06-24-2004, 03:34 PM
Yes Man wrote

EDIT: Kind of sad, but I just checked the fact book (http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/ca.html ) and Canada spends more money on its military than Israel. I wonder what we are doing wrong

Regarding Israel’s military I heard from the US State Department they had the fourth most powerful military, so the list I gave isn’t totally incorrect. Also Canada isn’t really that strong they may spend a lot of money on the military but they rarely use their military. Israel is constantly fighting and learning things from it. Also regarding Germany I’ve never heard anyone refer to them as a powerful nation in modern times. Why do you think that they would defeat Israel if they got in a war?

IDFM203
06-24-2004, 03:38 PM

Canada doesn't receive billions of dollars in military aid from the US that the Israelis do. Well you don’t need to for you have the U.S. and its 300 plus billion a year military to defend you if you would face an all out invasion or one like Israel faces all the time that threatens its very existence p-)

secondly aid from the U.S. or not, as “Yes Man” did point out, you do spend more then we do (lets not forget that we spend more then twice out of our own money then what the U.S. "gives" us (oh and actually we "give” most of it back but that’s a whole other story ;) ).

Either way “Yes Man” is onto something, for the amount of money that Canada spends whereas it spends more then Israel does, though we know it has nowhere near the military might as Israel has, well with that spending I would at least think we would see a more strengthened military and not one with all the problems it has.

Let me end off that I have the utmost respect for the individual Canadian soldiers, I am only referring here to the overall structure of the military as well as the political situation in Canada that the Canadian military faces and why it has all the problems that it has.

Shalom :D

Sayeret
06-24-2004, 03:42 PM
Cassiar don't try to turn this into a flame war and everyone please don't reply to his comments. I'll ask the moderators to lock this thread if it turns into a flame war.

Yes Man
06-24-2004, 03:47 PM
Yes Man wrote

EDIT: Kind of sad, but I just checked the fact book (http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/ca.html ) and Canada spends more money on its military than Israel. I wonder what we are doing wrong

Regarding Israel’s military I heard from the US State Department they had the fourth most powerful military, so the list I gave isn’t totally incorrect. Also Canada isn’t really that strong they may spend a lot of money on the military but they rarely use their military. Israel is constantly fighting and learning things from it. Also regarding Germany I’ve never heard anyone refer to them as a powerful nation in modern times. Why do you think that they would defeat Israel if they got in a war?

I am not talking about a war right now, countries like Germany are only spending 1.5% of their GDP on their military, and Canada only spends 1%. Right now Germany, Canada is not in a state of war, and is not putting any money into its military. Israel on the other hand is constantly engaged in war and spends almost 9% on their military.

I think Germany would be able to defeat (sorry if crush was too strong a word) Israel because if it chose to it could switch its economy to a war economy. This would give Germany almost 20 to 1 in terms of man power, and 30 to 1 in terms of money. With both these nations have access to any technology in the world, I think Israel would not be able to stop them.

The same applies to Canada, though not as big as Germany, it still has 7 times the man power, 10 times the money as well as access to any technology including nukes.

Brozozo
06-24-2004, 03:55 PM
Yes Man wrote

I am not talking about a war right now, countries like Germany are only spending 1.5% of their GDP on their military, and Canada only spends 1%. Right now Germany, Canada is not in a state of war, and is not putting any money into its military. Israel on the other hand is constantly engaged in war and spends almost 9% on their military.

I think Germany would be able to defeat (sorry if crush was too strong a word) Israel because if it chose to it could switch its economy to a war economy. This would give Germany almost 20 to 1 in terms of man power, and 30 to 1 in terms of money. With both these nations have access to any technology in the world, I think Israel would not be able to stop them.

The same applies to Canada, though not as big as Germany, it still has 7 times the man power, 10 times the money as well as access to any technology including nukes.

We all know the Germans can kick serious ass when they want/need to and when we don't think they can.

IDFM203
06-24-2004, 04:04 PM
Yes Man,

I understood your point all along (as one can tell from my previous post to you) and yes I am glad you took my advice to change it to defeat for I don’t think you can "crush" or "mop" even with those high odds.....however I repeat, if that were to be a situation, well the MAD principle would come into place for nukes are a equalizer irregardless of how big your army is and even if you also have nukes.

Oh and let me end off by saying that IMO I believe on a one to one basis, no matter if you do spend up the whazoo, well I still don’t think you can compare to our experiences and capabilities, but indeed with 30 to one odds, well it might get tuff for us but we do have other things at our disposal if need be p-)

Shalom :D

UoUo
06-24-2004, 04:45 PM
*News flash....no body from europe or Asia can defeat us since we have

The A bomb :D

EvanL
06-24-2004, 04:47 PM

uhhhhh ok
cus there sure isnt any nuclear power in europe.. or asia right?
p-)

UoUo
06-24-2004, 04:49 PM

uhhhhh ok
cus there sure isnt any nuclear power in europe.. or asia right?
p-)

So we and the invading country will be gone... fine for me.

And you seem to forget...we are zionists...we control the world...and offcure the USA! so...when somebody will try to invade us we will just send them the USA.

Maverick77
06-24-2004, 05:19 PM
Canada is impossible to conquer and occupy anyway so none of this matters.

RomanS
06-24-2004, 05:26 PM
Can Israel mobilize troops into Canada?

06-24-2004, 05:28 PM
Is Iran strong militarily wise?

Airborneranger4israel
06-24-2004, 05:32 PM

EDIT: Kind of sad, but I just checked the fact book ( http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/ca.html ) and Canada spends more money on its military than Israel. I wonder what we are doing wrong :oops:

give me a break, canada would get raped, isreal is a nuclear (weapons_) nation, number 2 since biblical times the people of israel are always in a mentality that no one is gonna come save their ass so they need to bethe ready, finally the us gives them millions in aid and equiment, also the IMI has some of the most advanced electronics and weapons systems in the world.

CANADA HAS A NUCLEAR PROGRAM DEDICATED TO PEACEFUL PURPOSES ONLY. ALTHOUGH CANADA
WAS ONE OF THE FIRST COUNTRIES INVOLVED IN NUCLEAR RESEARCH DURING WORLD WAR II, IMMEDIATELY
AFTER THAT WAR THE CANADIAN GOVERNMENT RENOUNCED ANY INTEREST IN NUCLEAR WEAPONS.
Since then the domestic program has been focused solely on peaceful uses
and strong policies have been adopted to ensure that any export of nuclear
technology, equipment or materials does not contribute to nuclear weapons.

Germany on the other hand would be a little tougher i'm not really sure who would win that.[/quote]

RomanS
06-24-2004, 05:35 PM
Russia and US still owns the world.

UoUo
06-24-2004, 05:37 PM
Russia and US still owns the world.

Zionists own the world. :bash:

memphiz
06-24-2004, 05:49 PM
Canada should be within the top 10, or at least top 15 because seriously I doubt any country would delcare war on Canada, and no military force could ever occuppy ALL of Canada. And no country is going to F**k with Canada with the UK and US on our side, if and ICBM were to cross over the north pole towards Canada within seconds there would be 15 coming from the US towards the attacking country, the US wont take any chances. So Canada is pretty much untouchable with the US underneath us

I also think Wal-Mart could take over any country/the world

EvanL
06-24-2004, 06:13 PM
Permskii is just jealous cus he cant serve.

Operation Ivy
06-24-2004, 06:22 PM
I like Canada

Black Dots
06-24-2004, 06:28 PM
I like Canada

Me too. Niagra Falls is nice.

Sayeret
06-24-2004, 06:29 PM
Everyone please try to stay on the topic.

Black Dots
06-24-2004, 06:29 PM
PermskiiOMON: Just out of curiousity, where are you from?

RomanS
06-24-2004, 06:30 PM
PermskiiOMON: Just out of curiousity, where are you from?

Many places

Black Dots
06-24-2004, 06:31 PM
Gotcha.

Durandal
06-24-2004, 06:36 PM
I think he was being tongue-in-cheek. Anyway.

What about ability to project and sustain the power? Isn't there something called a law of diminishing returns? I'd say that Israel, Korea, India and Pakistan for example, see our edge decline the further away we'd need to project the power. What can I say, we don't have staying power away from home.

Ah but here is the point that needs to be made. Only the United States TRULY has the ability to project force. A couple other nations...I would argue France and Britain...can do this but on a VERY limited scale. Germany, for instance, has the ability to put together a heavy armored division but they cannot move it...except on rail lines which is very limiting.

Unless you have a naval force and air force capable of doing more than maritime patrols of the nation's coast and airspace, then you are pretty much stuck.

I'll add that this assumes independent action...i.r not relying on another nation's military or civilian force to handle all of or part of the "projection".

UoUo
06-24-2004, 06:36 PM
Most of the world depend on USA....

UoUo
06-24-2004, 06:38 PM
I wanted to ask...how much tanks the modern armies in erupe have?

I mean Uk France Italy and act....

Thanks.

RomanS
06-24-2004, 06:38 PM

true that true that

EvanL
06-24-2004, 06:39 PM
To an extent.
The U.S. relies on the rest of the world all the same though.
Countries like Canada the UK, and Australia, all rely on the U.S. for trade and commerce, but could sustain themselves just the same without that.

RomanS
06-24-2004, 06:41 PM
To an extent.
Countries like Canada the UK, and Australia, all rely on the U.S. for trade and commerce, but could sustain themselves just the same without that.

At least the US is a major client of a lot of things, bringing constant work to other countries.

EvanL
06-24-2004, 06:43 PM
To an extent.

At least the US is a major client of a lot of things, bringing constant work to other countries.
And other countries dont?

UkrainianAmerican
06-24-2004, 06:45 PM
To an extent.
This is like saying that Earth is attracted to moon, as much as moon is attracted to Earth. While true, we all know who the BIG man is. :)

RomanS
To an extent.

imigrants

Durandal
Critisim is good as long as it is done in a constructive fashion.

It was done constructively.

A) I told him he was wrong (opinions can be wrong after all, they are not absolute). Not beating around the bush. Not offensively like so many here do like "Hey ******* you're an idiot". The statement was simple to the point and made little room for misunderstanding.

B) Then I suggested how he do it. Research.

C) I followed this by advising him to then share with us what he learned.

D) I then added non-offensive Kung Fu style encouragement..."grasshopper". Which means he has a long way to go but if he walks the Earth like Cain and gets it done he will have learned much.

E) "anonymous individual" I suggest next time you buy a pair of ******s bit larger, cuz I am tired of hearing you biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch.....

There that last one was not constructive. ;)

EvanL
06-24-2004, 06:47 PM
To an extent.
This is like saying that Earth is attracted to moon, as much as moon is attracted to Earth. While true, we all know who the BIG man is. :)
And no one disagrees with that. But do you think the earth should go around bragging to the smaller planets all the time?
That would make for one very unhappy universe. Except for Ur****. It seems to get alot of attention. :petting:

Durandal
06-24-2004, 06:47 PM
...we all know who the BIG man is. :)

Yep, and all the ladies dig me. ;)

EvanL
06-24-2004, 06:48 PM
To an extent.

imigrants
?????????what about them?????

Operation Ivy
I never thought i would read a Cananda vs Russia Flame War :D

UkrainianAmerican
The time has come. :lol:

EvanL
I never thought so either. But obviously thats what some of the users are looking for. :roll:

UoUo
06-24-2004, 06:49 PM
To an extent.

That not true....the USA maybe depends on the world a little bit...but not Like the world depends on USA. i am just saying the true.

EvanL
06-24-2004, 06:51 PM
To an extent.

That not true....the USA maybe depends on the world a little bit...but not Like the world depends on USA. i am just saying the true.And i am saying that the US's main allies, Canada, UK, AUstralia etc, would be fine without the US. Our economies remain strong enough that they qould be able to keep going.

RomanS
06-24-2004, 06:51 PM
I never thought so either. But obviously thats what some of the users are looking for. :roll:

looking for?

*****, you try, just try. Russian AMerican, you should meet with him again. I mean, you know ... if he even goes for it. This needs to be settled.

Oh Yeah Evan, I forgot you can't even own a gun, or afford one.

It must suck to come to the military forum while you never shot or held a real military weapon.

EvanL
06-24-2004, 06:54 PM

looking for?

*****, you try, just try. Russian AMerican, you should meet with him again. I mean, you know ... if he even goes for it. This needs to be settled.

Oh Yeah Evan, I forgot you can't even own a gun, or afford one.

It must suck to come to the military forum while you never shot or held a real military weapon.
hahaha
you ever thought of doing standup?
cus your killing me! honestly.
I wasnt focusing on you, but i guess my comment sort of weeded it out of you.

UoUo
06-24-2004, 06:54 PM
Yeah...the all world economy will down if the US will down.

RomanS
06-24-2004, 06:55 PM
I wasnt trying to be funny. You commented me on playing with guns, well I CAN HAVE THOSE GUNS. I have those guns, and yes it feels good shooting them anytime I want. And you know, I dont even have to ask premission from drill sgts to unload 1000 rounds out of my AK-74.

Must be nice huh?

Durandal
06-24-2004, 06:56 PM

Because that is TRULY why people come here...

Seriously man...you need to trim that ego of yours.

Like any forum, a variety of people are attracted to it for an equal variety of reasons.

You, for example come here to post photos and be an *******. :)

Macs.
06-24-2004, 06:57 PM

AND start flame wars.

P.S. PerkIII, what country are you gonna invade next ?

EvanL
06-24-2004, 06:58 PM

AND start flame wars.

P.S. PerkIII, what country are you gonna invade next ?I believe that comes with the territory. :D
Hey didnt Freud say something about insecure men using guns as fallic symbols?

b.scheller
ha...we dont need to spend any money on defense. our attack and defense is so good, Russia is no match. i mean our boys kicked your ass back in 1972... :lol:

i think permski likes his weapons...it compensates for the size of his russian soldier... rofl

Sayeret
Remember the topic

Macs.
06-24-2004, 07:00 PM
Remember the topic

You have to be strong now, sayeret... he is DEAD ! :petting:

RomanS
06-24-2004, 07:02 PM
Russia has the most medals and records in Hockey.
Keep trying.

RomanS
06-24-2004, 07:03 PM
Isnt Canadian firearms are copies of US M16?

UkrainianAmerican
06-24-2004, 07:03 PM
Keep trying.
In otherwords, to the kitchen, Canucks.

EvanL
06-24-2004, 07:04 PM
Keep trying.Cus you guys give yourself your own medals.
umm by the way.. Gold 2002.
;)

EvanL
06-24-2004, 07:05 PM
Isnt Canadian firearms are copies of US M16?Everybody put on your flame retardent coats, Permskii is trying to bring out the flame materials.

b.scheller
06-24-2004, 07:05 PM
i remember hearing that at the moscow olympics the soviets won a total of 220 gold medals... rofl thats good considering theirs not that many events...

==============

the actual amount of medals was 195 in total...i stand corrected but its still a ridiculous amount...

:lol:

UoUo
06-24-2004, 07:06 PM
We can invade Egept Jordan Syria and Lebanon in the same time ha ha ha p-) p-) :bash: :-*$ :fork:

UkrainianAmerican
06-24-2004, 07:08 PM
i remember hearing that at the moscow olympics the soviets won a total of 220 gold medals... rofl thats good considering theirs not even that many sporting events...
At least Russians never *****ed liek the Canucks during the Ice Skating competion. The Russians COMPLETELY pulverized the Canucks, but the whiny *****es still got the medal.
(Well someone had to bring it up)

Moledet
06-24-2004, 07:08 PM
Heh what a stupid discussion you Canadians have, and if Canada... and if Canada.... that's just pathetic.
And if Israel will become the world largest economy and then it will build a super duper undestructable robotic army with laser and piooo pioooo, bammm bamm, than the polar bears in Canda won't have a chance to stop an invasion because they are not so super duper buper equipped and they will go boom booom boom, bammm bammm, -dead-.

EvanL
06-24-2004, 07:09 PM
i remember hearing that at the moscow olympics the soviets won a total of 220 gold medals... rofl thats good considering theirs not even that many sporting events...
At least Russians never *****ed liek the Canucks during the Ice Skating competion. The Russians COMPLETELY pulverized the Canucks, but still got the medal.
Do you think the Canadian public really cares about figuire skating? Were a hockey country.

UoUo
06-24-2004, 07:11 PM
Yes..people stop thr flame wars...flame wear between europe and Israel i can understand...or flame between Usa and europe..and act...

But flame war between Canada An Russia?

UkrainianAmerican
At least Russians never *****ed liek the Canucks during the Ice Skating competion. The Russians COMPLETELY pulverized the Canucks, but still got the medal.
Do you think the Canadian public really cares about figuire skating? Were a hockey country.
Yeah, but you couldnt loose with honor, you had to be whiny *****es.
If a russian team would do that, I would be ashamed of it.

EvanL
Heh what a stupid discussion you Canadians have, and if Canada... and if Canada.... that's just pathetic.
And if Israel will become the world largest economy and then it will build a super duper undestructable robotic army with laser and piooo pioooo, bammm bamm, than the polar bears in Canda won't have a chance to stop an invasion because they are not so super duper buper equipped and they will go boom booom boom, bammm bammm, -dead-.
So thats how the zionists are planning on taking over p-)
I agree. Its a retarded argument. Israel and canada are friends. I mean come on. Canada even pays for Israelie ice rinks. :D
Since 2001, 25,000 israelis have moved to canada. If we didnt get along. I dont think we would have numbers quite like that.
Im glad were friends anyways.

RomanS
06-24-2004, 07:13 PM
GOLD

SILVER

BRONZE

EAT IT ******

dominated

Ratamacue
06-24-2004, 07:14 PM
How did a thread about the world's most militarily powerful countries turn into a Canadian vs. Russian hockey flame war?

UkrainianAmerican
06-24-2004, 07:14 PM
I agree. Its a retarded argument. Israel and canada are friends. I mean come on. Canada even pays for Israelie ice rinks. :D
Since 2001, 25,000 israelis have moved to canada. If we didnt get along. I dont think we would have numbers quite like that.
All those 'israelis' moving to Canada from Israel are mostly LAZY-assed immigrants from Russia who got to Israel, but didnt get a lot of welfare, and didnt feel like actually working, so they decided to switch hosts. Sad, but true.
I actually know a couple of families liek that.

RomanS
06-24-2004, 07:15 PM
Dont even start with Figure skating lol.

Its an ART, something is not common in Canada I guess.

EvanL
06-24-2004, 07:15 PM
All those 'israelis' moving to Canada from Israel are mostly LAZY-assed immigrants from Russia who got to Israel, but didnt get a lot of welfare, and didnt feel like actually working, so they decided to switch hosts. Sad, but true.
Im sure they all are. COnsidering McGill university in Montreal has some of the most renowned Jewish scientists. :roll:

He219
06-24-2004, 07:16 PM
You guys are turning this into a ***** comparison contest.

*time to cool off*
:|

UoUo
06-24-2004, 07:16 PM

You are starting another flame war...and we have IDFM203 in our side!

But seriously...read what Russian american wrote.

UkrainianAmerican
06-24-2004, 07:17 PM
Im sure they all are. COnsidering McGill university in Montreal has some of the most renowned Jewish scientists. :roll:
Yeah, but I dont think they are from Israel.

UkrainianAmerican

YIE woot

Saint
And i am saying that the US's main allies, Canada, UK, AUstralia etc, would be fine without the US. Our economies remain strong enough that they qould be able to keep going.

Actually, if the US were to pull out all their major car companies like GM, Fords and whatever....Canada's economy would crumble.

So, thanks US.

Also, for you Russians, I always root for Ivan Drago when I watch Rocky VI......so lets stop the *****ing.

UoUo
06-24-2004, 07:18 PM

You know the diffrends between jews and Israelis right?

UkrainianAmerican
06-24-2004, 07:20 PM
And i am saying that the US's main allies, Canada, UK, AUstralia etc, would be fine without the US. Our economies remain strong enough that they qould be able to keep going.

Actually, if the US were to pull out all their major car companies like GM, Fords and whatever....Canada's economy would crumble.

So, thanks US.

Also, for you Russians, I always root for Ivan Drago when I watch Rocky VI......so lets stop the *****ing.
Alright, Permski I think it is time for a cease-fire. rofl

b.scheller
06-24-2004, 07:22 PM

he's got ***** envy and likes figure skating... oh what a fine specimen of russian manhood rofl

RomanS
06-24-2004, 07:22 PM
Ivan Drago, loool

KLICHKO !!!!!!!

RavenW
06-24-2004, 07:23 PM

UkrainianAmerican
Ivan Drago, loool

KLICHKO !!!!!!!
Yie, the REAL rocky!
And the stupid announcers kkeep miss****ouncing VYACHESLAV :fork: :fork: :fork:
Such an EASY to ****ounce word, too.

RomanS

he's got ***** envy and likes figure skating... oh what a fine specimen of russian manhood rofl

No, no ***** involvment in here.

Figure Skating is ART. I dont watch figure skating religiously. Only to see score (I mean RUSSIA dominate world in this ART)
Not many countries can do it. To be honest, it is the most watched event in the winter olympics.

b.scheller
06-24-2004, 07:27 PM
i'm just teasing you man...good fun

Moledet
06-24-2004, 07:28 PM
BTW, if we talk about fatigue skating, than an Israeli judge was threathend by an Ukrainian woman, after she finished threathening her the judge told her that she will tell about her to the Mossad so the woman got scared and hungup.

Even she was too scared to mass with Israel :-)

P.S. It was in the headline of the sport newpaper and I was in the toilet, so after I read the warning on the toilet spray I decided to read the only thing that I haven't read in the newspaper.

RavenW
06-24-2004, 07:28 PM
First of all, you, guys are nuts.

C'mon, you've turned interesting and funny topic like "whose balls are bigger" into the... gees don't know even how to call it. Just relax! It's only a forum's topic, nothing big!

Second, I might be wrong. That's why I specifically reserved a place for an error. People who usually tend to think they are right all the time, don't leave a place for mistakes. I do.

Third, ok, so I'm wrong - explain why is that.
I mean about my new Air Force List.

World's Strongest Air Force

1. USA
2. Russia
3. Israel
4. Great Britain
5. France
6. Germany
7. India
8. China

Why this list is soooo wrong? What's wrong with it? Do you disagree with placing of some countries or you don't find some countries that you wanted to add/change there?

Positive constructive dialogue is usually better than angry monologue ;)

Salut!