PDA

View Full Version : SLAM RAM

Apogee
11-03-2004, 04:30 PM
It was here at West Point today, so I figured I'd snap a couple of pics for you guys.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/jackal419/DSC01212.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/jackal419/DSC01211.jpg

Frens
11-03-2004, 04:39 PM
:hug: sweet woot

Digital Marine
11-03-2004, 04:42 PM
Cool stuff!

Apogee
11-03-2004, 04:48 PM
I told the Raytheon dude that they looked very "GI Joe-ish"

Kekkonen
11-03-2004, 05:17 PM
The first thing I thought was SA-6 but I guess there is a "small difference in size" :)

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/missile/row/sa-6-DFSN8301193_JPG.jpg

szr
11-03-2004, 11:04 PM
Nice. Is there a separate radar vehicle, or are do the missiles aquire and track their own targets via their on-board radars?

Edit: I think I see a telescoping boom-mounted radar, on there.

Apogee
11-03-2004, 11:14 PM
Nice. Is there a separate radar vehicle, or are do the missiles aquire and track their own targets via their on-board radars?

Edit: I think I see a telescoping boom-mounted radar, on there.

Both

AFACadet
11-03-2004, 11:43 PM
I talked to one of the exchange cadets here a few weeks ago about that. I guess ADA is where the bottom of the class goes.

Nice to know they got my back :P

p.s. you're going to crash and burn this weekend p-)

Apogee
11-04-2004, 07:34 AM
I talked to one of the exchange cadets here a few weeks ago about that. I guess ADA is where the bottom of the class goes.

Nice to know they got my back :P

p.s. you're going to crash and burn this weekend p-)

Haha, yeah. Thats def the bottom of the barrel. But honestly, when was the last time we had a credible airborne threat? Korean War? I mean you guys bomb them back into the stone age anyways, theres really use for ADA when fighting states who have no air force left.

And about this weekend, we'll see what happens. If anyone can get a little magic going, its Bobby Ross. And we're the Army, we don't "crash and burn," thats up to you fly boys.

shrek
11-04-2004, 08:06 AM
PATRIOT saved the lives of 34 of the USs top military brass in Kuwait when it shot down an incoming TBM whose trajectory would have taken into the very center of the command center! I call that an air threat!!

Hellfish
11-04-2004, 08:22 AM
There's a lot of hot chicks in the ADA units too! ;)

But honestly, I wonder why nobody thought of doing something like this earlier, like back when the AMRAAM was first coming online and we had the Soviets to worry about. Kind of like the Chapparal and the Sidewinder.

Apogee
11-04-2004, 01:10 PM
PATRIOT saved the lives of 34 of the USs top military brass in Kuwait when it shot down an incoming TBM whose trajectory would have taken into the very center of the command center! I call that an air threat!!

I was just talking about the threat from air craft. But over the horizen missiles remain a threat. I just like to bust my buddies' balls about being ADA guys.

Laconian
11-05-2004, 07:46 AM
@ USMA:
ADA: if it flies, it dies
Nice pics. I always thought it was cool when the Army brought new stuff for us to get a look at...It almost always occurred around branch selection time...Thanks for the win vs. Cinci on Homecoming, made my trip

In the 4 years I was at Woops, ADA was only ranked once, I think it was '83. My year Armor got ranked, & I remember FA getting ranked...

Oh, yeah, BEAT AIR FORCE!

Apogee
11-05-2004, 08:59 AM
@ USMA:
ADA: if it flies, it dies
Nice pics. I always thought it was cool when the Army brought new stuff for us to get a look at...It almost always occurred around branch selection time...Thanks for the win vs. Cinci on Homecoming, made my trip

In the 4 years I was at Woops, ADA was only ranked once, I think it was '83. My year Armor got ranked, & I remember FA getting ranked...

Oh, yeah, BEAT AIR FORCE!

Hell yea! I was at the Quarterback Luncheon yesterday. Got me really fired up for tomorrow. Branch night is coming up next Sunday. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get my crossed rifles. But the current cadet rumor is that Armor went out at at 720, so there are gonna be some pretty unhappy dudes come Sunday night.

MARINO
11-05-2004, 09:36 AM
Nice :D
USMA_SCUBA, in wich year of Military Academy are you?

Apogee
11-05-2004, 11:06 AM

I'm a senior (4th year). I've got 203 days left until I'm done here.

Laconian
11-05-2004, 11:23 AM
USMA:
I sweated out branch selection, too. My 1 choice was IN, 2 was AR and a distant 3rd was FA. I made it in the straw poll and made it by about 30 guys. Post selection came down to only a couple of FORSCOM choices and slots in TRADOC for me. I was on the Dean's other list though...

I had a plebe barking out the days from Ring Weekend through recognition day, the day before we punched out...I was a co 1SG though when Firsties still filled cadet NCO slots...

I still think IN the the BEST choice for jr officers, if I had my every commissioned officer would spend 2 yrs detailed to cross rifles so they can learn what the army is about...my .02 cents.

Apogee
11-05-2004, 11:42 AM
USMA:
I sweated out branch selection, too. My 1 choice was IN, 2 was AR and a distant 3rd was FA. I made it in the straw poll and made it by about 30 guys. Post selection came down to only a couple of FORSCOM choices and slots in TRADOC for me. I was on the Dean's other list though...

I had a plebe barking out the days from Ring Weekend through recognition day, the day before we punched out...I was a co 1SG though when Firsties still filled cadet NCO slots...

I still think IN the the BEST choice for jr officers, if I had my every commissioned officer would spend 2 yrs detailed to cross rifles so they can learn what the army is about...my .02 cents.

I'm pretty sure I'll get infantry. We actually had very few guys select it this year, which is weird. For those that don't know(obviously not Laconian), branch selection is done by order of merit. That is based on your academic, military and physical scores.

Some CDT NCO positions are still filled by firsties, but only at the highest levels (ie BDE and RGT CSMs). I had the opportunity to be BN CSM last semester. Glad that job is over with now. I'm really excited about getting our branches as well as beating the hell out of Air Force this weekend.

AFACadet
11-05-2004, 06:10 PM

I'm a senior (4th year). I've got 203 days left until I'm done here.

Oh, you suck. 208 days here. WTH? we have less time off in the summer, less time off during year, longer academic year, and graduate about a week after you all :cantbeli:

I'm really excited about getting our branches as well as beating the hell out of Air Force this weekend.
rofl rofl rofl

go play with a donkey (if you know what I mean) p-)

MARINO
11-06-2004, 09:02 AM
Here in Spain we have 3 years in Zaragoza Military Academy and 2 into Infantry, artillery, engineers or cavalry academy.The last year i was near to enter(here is really difficult) so this year is my year. :D
And we have here in Zaragoza some American cadets.

AFACadet
11-06-2004, 09:35 AM
Yeah, there are a few Spanish cadets here too.

MARINO
11-06-2004, 09:49 AM
What kind of selection do you have before to become a Cadet?
Here we have a tests, with 4 answers a,b,c,d and 25questions of each subject chemistry, physics, and 40 of Maths, a half of guys pass it, then we have 2 english test(oral and Grammar), and then histry and geography.After a psicological test, then we have more science exams (this time it's exercices) and physical exercices.
It's difficutl to enter 1st year(when my father made the exam it was really easy) :( I hope i will enter this year( i want to be in Spanish SF or Spanish Legion or Spanish Mountain ranger) my father is furious cause he is in artillery and i want infantry :D