PDA

View Full Version : Weasel this is just for you!

Geezah
06-22-2005, 04:50 PM
Symmes Township Woman Feared For Her Life

A Tri-state woman who had been hiding from her husband because she feared for her life is now dead.

Police say 54-year-old Benton French Speece, of Symmes Township, shot and killed his estranged wife Bonnie Speece in her driveway Sunday morning.

This comes after police arrested Speece a few weeks ago and charged him with domestic violence and aggravated menacing.

Speece posted bond.

9News has learned that Bonnie Speece planned to divorce her husband.

In an affidavit Bonnie Speece told police that her estranged husband went into her condo carrying a shopping bag, pulled a gun from the bag and pointed it at her saying he would kill her then kill himself.

She told him she would drop the divorce and that appeared to calm him down.

When he left she called police. That was two weeks ago Sunday.

Around 11:30 a.m. police say her husband waited for his estranged wife to get home.

Neighbors tell 9News that she had been avoiding her home and hiding, along with their two daughters, because she knew he was looking for her.

They say she even wore wigs and hats as disguises.

But when he found and confronted her in her driveway Sunday morning, neighbors heard shots.

"We saw the woman lying on her back," said David Bortz, a witness. "She was right in front of her garage and that's when we came over to her and saw the bullet wounds. She had tears in her shirt -- it was unbelievable."

Police say her husband, who went by his middle name French, fled the scene.

They tracked him to the Harper's Point apartment complex just off Montgomery Road where he recently moved.

A SWAT team was called in and it became a tense situation for nearby residents.

"Mainly just try to stay calm keep my fiance calm and just try to keep a hold on the situation," said one witness.

But when police entered his apartment they found him dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

"Utter shock, total disbelief," said Julie Hautzenroeder, a former neighbor.

Hautzenroeder and her family used to be next door neighbors to the Speeces.

"We went to school together, we had neighborhood parties together, Christmas parties," said Hautzenroeder.

She says the news is hard to believe, but admits one thing about Speece.

"He did have some control issues," said Hautzenroeder. "It seemed like nothing to the extreme where this would happen."

In any event she has a message for the Speece's two daughters.

"If you're watching please feel free to give us a call at any time," said Hautzenroeder.

"We're here for you just like we always have been to support you and to be there for you," said Hautzenroeder. "We'd really like to help. I know speaking for my family that we'd really like to help those girls."

A law designed to prevent crimes like this was signed by Ohio Governor Bob Taft just last month.

"Amy's Law," named after Amy Rezos of Liberty Township, will require a judge to review a checklist before releasing a suspect like Speece on bond.

The law however does not go into effect until the end of August.

Link (http://www.wcpo.com/news/2005/local/06/19/standoff_folo.html)

The reactive Police came to clean up the mess but they were not able to stop this murder because they cannot be at everyone's side 24/7, like you suggested on another thread.
This still happened even though he was charged with domestic violence and aggravated menacing :(

Weasel
06-22-2005, 05:08 PM
Thanks for this (sad) story. But I never said that police will protect you 24 hours a day. Stories like this one will happen again and again. No matter how armed you are.

For me itīs time to go to bed now. But if you want to we can discuss tomorrow.

Best regards.

promillo
06-22-2005, 05:16 PM
Thanks for this (sad) story. But I never said that police will protect you 24 hours a day. Stories like this one will happen again and again. No matter how armed you are.

Best regards.

But if the victims are armed, they at least have a slight chance to stay alife.
Thats better than nothing.

Geezah
06-22-2005, 06:28 PM

Best regards.

You now going against what you said here?

Protection bye the police and enforcing the law belongs together (for me). Police should care that I wonīt get harmed.

The Police were not there for her, you would prefer that she stay unarmed relying on the Police to turn up after the fact than have a fighting chance of survival?

2Sheds_Jackson
06-22-2005, 06:45 PM
The police are under no obligation to put themselves in harm's way. Yes, they often do, but they are not required to. Thus, depending upon them to save the day can lead to disappointment.

achilles
06-22-2005, 06:51 PM

Best regards.

I really dont know how you are going to sleep without at least a 9mm under your pillow p-)

Geez...no matter what you say mate, you ll never become a true American...just a mere wannabe :P

Geezah
06-22-2005, 07:15 PM

Best regards.

I really dont know how you are going to sleep without at least a 9mm under your pillow p-)

Geez...no matter what you say mate, you ll never become a true American...just a mere wannabe :P

I guess not, but I'm a 1/4 American by blood so that's a start and along with everyone else in this area I have a little bit of Cherokee in me too p-)

achilles
06-23-2005, 05:13 AM
I guess not, but I'm a 1/4 American by blood so that's a start and along with everyone else in this area I have a little bit of Cherokee in me too p-)

You can be calling me 'pale face' from now Big Chief ;)

Weasel
06-23-2005, 01:17 PM

Best regards.

Panic room, my friend. Panic room! ;)

Legion
06-23-2005, 01:22 PM

Best regards.

Funny, and I always thought that America was formed by former British colonists and the population was made up for the most part by people who immigrated to this country. Guess they were all wannabes.

Weasel
06-23-2005, 01:33 PM

Best regards.

Protection bye the police and enforcing the law belongs together (for me). Police should care that I wonīt get harmed.

The Police were not there for her, you would prefer that she stay unarmed relying on the Police to turn up after the fact than have a fighting chance of survival?

I donīt expect or think that police can be everywhere. But guns canīt too.

Violence causes counter-violence, thatīs a matter of fact. Unfortunately tragedies like your example will happen again and again- with or without guns.

Geezah
06-23-2005, 02:45 PM

Best regards.

Not true, I carry concealed and I have a shotgun that is available(not in my safe) in the house. So a firearm is readily available if I need it but thtis is getting off the subject at hand, you said "Police should care that I wonīt get harmed" but then you said "I donīt expect or think that police can be everywhere". So it Sucks to be you, you rely on the Police for proctection but you're fully aware they may be 1/2hr away if you need them to protect you.

Violence causes counter-violence, thatīs a matter of fact. Unfortunately tragedies like your example will happen again and again- with or without guns.

Very true, but sometimes you need to use violence to address a violent situation, it's the way of the world. So maybe just maybe if armed she would have atleast had a fighting chance at survival, remember the Police in this situation turned up to clean up the mess. If she were armed they may have turned up to take a statement from the victim and cleaned up her estranged husbands dead body.
When I leave town for a few days, I make sure and leave a handgun out for my Wife, I prefer that she have the choice, rather than having nothing to protect her but a phone.
I understand that being a Eurowussie has got you to the point where you think it is acceptable to be a vicitm but in reality it is not.

Also just to add, even though I'm armed I'm not chomping at the bit to shoot someone, quite the contrary, the thought that one day I may have to use deadly force to protect my family, Wife or myself scares me, but if it ever comes down to it, I will not think I will just do.

promillo
06-23-2005, 02:47 PM
Unfortunately tragedies like your example will happen again and again- with or without guns.

Right. But then its obvious, that gunbans are senseless. And senseles bans should be removed.

Weasel
06-23-2005, 03:24 PM

Not true, I carry concealed and I have a shotgun that is available(not in my safe) in the house. So a firearm is readily available if I need it but thtis is getting off the subject at hand, you said "Police should care that I wonīt get harmed" but then you said "I donīt expect or think that police can be everywhere". So it Sucks to be you, you rely on the Police for proctection but you're fully aware they may be 1/2hr away if you need them to protect you.

Very sad to hear that you only feel safe with a concealed weapon and a shotgun. :( We all know what fear leads to. For gods sake I feel safe without such killing instruments in my near.
Do you know what crews of highjacked planes are told to do? (I donīt talk about incidents like 9/11) Crews of aircrafts are told to be kind to the highjackers to avoid unnecessary violence.

Wasnīt the slogan of US police "To serve and protect"? You say that police does not protect you. Then why this slogan?

Very true, but sometimes you need to use violence to address a violent situation, it's the way of the world. So maybe just maybe if armed she would have atleast had a fighting chance at survival, remember the Police in this situation turned up to clean up the mess. If she were armed they may have turned up to take a statement from the victim and cleaned up her estranged husbands dead body.
When I leave town for a few days, I make sure and leave a handgun out for my Wife, I prefer that she have the choice, rather than having nothing to protect her but a phone.

As I mentioned above, itīs very sad that you consider it necessary to protect your family with a gun. Imagine a situation when 2 or 3 ccriminals break in your house and your wife manages to kill one of them with your handgun. Do you think the other criminals run away screaming? Or will they shoot back and kill your wife? (I hope never ever your wife will be harmed, itīs just an example) Imagine furthermore that your wife isnīt armed and canīt do anything against the criminals. You would loose all your money and mayby your expensive flat-screen - but so what? Itīs only money. Thatīs my point of view.

I understand that being a Eurowussie has got you to the point where you think it is acceptable to be a vicitm but in reality it is not.

Perhaps you have so much fear because you insult everybody. :roll:

This night I will sleep in my bedroom with the window wide open (because itīs hot here). Iīm pretty sure nobody will break in. Perhaps you should be worried of the crime rate in your country.

Weasel
06-23-2005, 03:25 PM
edit: double post

Digital Marine
06-23-2005, 03:30 PM
I'd like to have a gun in my house,

Not that i don't feel safe but just to know that it's there when i need it maybe for some burglar that might show up.

now don't go all : Ohnoes its the wannabe Ahmerikahni who wants to be like them by having a firearm!!!!!11111oneoneone

promillo
06-23-2005, 03:44 PM
Measle, do you wear safety belts while driving? Then you are surely a streetrambo who wants to have an accident. According to your "logic".

to have a gun for emergency doesnt mean, that you are keen on using it.
Its more than an insurance, you pay it, but you hope, you never need it.
Its the same with guns..or in germany with other legal tools of self defense.

I for example always cary a knife..somtimes a hunting knife sometimes a pocket knife. I only used it for letter opening or for hunting purposes..but in case its better than nothing

And at home an old crossboow hangs at the wall....

did I used it? No, its some kind of antique..but in case it is better than nothing and might save my life.

Why ban guns?

Geezah
06-23-2005, 03:49 PM

Very sad to hear that you only feel safe with a concealed weapon and a shotgun. :( We all know what fear leads to.

I do not live in fear, I am just realistic about the World I live in, there are good people and ther are bad people, I know both and I'm fully aware of what bad people can do and how they feel no remorse for what they do.
But again this is getting away from the fact you do not believe that the Police can be everywhere, yet you still put all your trust in them to be available 24/7 to look after you?

For gods sake I feel safe without such killing instruments in my near.

Ok, then I feel safe with my paper punches near by, that's all they been used fo so far!

Do you know what crews of highjacked planes are told to do? (I donīt talk about incidents like 9/11) Crews of aircrafts are told to be kind to the highjackers to avoid unnecessary violence.

:( and this got them nowhere, somethign to think about, "he moves, I move first" it's all about having an understanding of Time and Space.

Wasnīt the slogan of US police "To serve and protect"? You say that police does not protect you. Then why this slogan?

The majority of Police over here will tell you the exact same thing they cannot be everywhere 24/7 to protect everyone so soem of that responsibilty falls back on the individual.

On average, there were 3.5 full-time law enforcement employees, including both officers and civilians, for every 1,000 inhabitants in the United States in 2002. There were 2.5 sworn officers for every 1,000 in population. Cities collectively reported 2.3 law enforcement officers per 1,000 inhabitants; suburban counties reported an average of 2.7 law enforcement officers, and rural counties had an average of 2.5 law enforcement officers per 1,000 in population.

Uniform Crime Reporting Program Releases Crime Statistics for 2002 (http://www.fbi.gov/pressrel/pressrel03/ucr2002.htm)

As I mentioned above, itīs very sad that you consider it necessary to protect your family with a gun. Imagine a situation when 2 or 3 ccriminals break in your house and your wife manages to kill one of them with your handgun. Do you think the other criminals run away screaming? Or will they shoot back and kill your wife? (I hope never ever your wife will be harmed, itīs just an example) Imagine furthermore that your wife isnīt armed and canīt do anything against the criminals. You would loose all your money and mayby your expensive flat-screen - but so what? Itīs only money. Thatīs my point of view.

While it would be great if home invasions were that easy but they are not, I would prefer that my Wife be given the choice as to whetehr or not she will go down with a fight. Anyway when bullies see that a vicitm is quite prepared to fight back with extreme force the threat suddenly goes limp.

I'm not isulting anybody, you're openly telling everyone you're from "Eurowussieland" and from what I've seen nearly all Eurowussies frown upon using violence :P

This night I will sleep in my bedroom with the window wide open (because itīs hot here). Iīm pretty sure nobody will break in. Perhaps you should be worried of the crime rate in your country.

And to think I will sleep in my bed with the air conditioning on because it's hot here also, but in the Springtime and fall we would sleep with the windows open also.

If we use your logic that I only own firearms because I am paranoid then why do the Police carry them then?

Weasel
06-23-2005, 04:01 PM
Measle, do you wear safety belts while driving? Then you are surely a streetrambo who wants to have an accident. According to your "logic".

The possibility to need a safety belt is faaaaar higher than to need a gun. And itīs dictated by law to wear one.

to have a gun for emergency doesnt mean, that you are keen on using it.
Its more than an insurance, you pay it, but you hope, you never need it.
Its the same with guns..or in germany with other legal tools of self defense.

I for example always cary a knife..somtimes a hunting knife sometimes a pocket knife. I only used it for letter opening or for hunting purposes..but in case its better than nothing

Very funny. You should also always carry a ABC-mask. For the case of cases.

And at home an old crossboow hangs at the wall....

Criminals will be impressed.

Why ban guns? :backhand:

Where did I say "ban guns"? I said I want to stick to strickt gun laws like in Germany. Why? because guns do more harm than helping/protecting. How many children were killed by accidental shots? How many guns were stolen by criminals to use them for other crimes? How many tragedies were killed by private owned weapons?

Weasel
06-23-2005, 04:18 PM

Very sad to hear that you only feel safe with a concealed weapon and a shotgun. :( We all know what fear leads to.

I do not live in fear, I am just realistic about the World I live in, there are good people and ther are bad people, I know both and I'm fully aware of what bad people can do and how they feel no remorse for what they do.
But again this is getting away from the fact you do not believe that the Police can be everywhere, yet you still put all your trust in them to be available 24/7 to look after you?

I am also very realistic. That makes me think that I donīt need a weapon for protection. And that makes me being convinced that police canīt protect me 24/7. But they are only one phonecall and 10 minutes away.

For gods sake I feel safe without such killing instruments in my near.

Ok, then I feel safe with my paper punches near by, that's all they been used fo so far!

Good luck this wonīt change.

While it would be great if home invasions were that easy but they are not, I would prefer that my Wife be given the choice as to whetehr or not she will go down with a fight. Anyway when bullies see that a vicitm is quite prepared to fight back with extreme force the threat suddenly goes limp.

Oversimplifcation too. What you describe is your wish of a perfect home invasion.

I'm not isulting anybody, you're openly telling everyone you're from "Eurowussieland" and from what I've seen nearly all Eurowussies frown upon using violence :P

Your state(s) are too young to understand. Europe has longer experiences with wars and violence. We learned our lesson. ;)

And to think I will sleep in my bed with the air conditioning on because it's hot here also, but in the Springtime and fall we would sleep with the windows open also.

Spring gun in the garden? ;)

If we use your logic that I only own firearms because I am paranoid then why do the Police carry them then?

Police has to deal with (possibly armed) criminals every day. I donīt.

b33f
06-23-2005, 04:51 PM
Very funny. You should also always carry a ABC-mask. For the case of cases.
Very silly argument. I know lots of eurowussies who use it... The point is: YOU'RE ALLOWED TO OWN AN NBC-MASK! (ABC is the german version)
You don't have to use it though. Whether YOU want to carry one is up to you.

Geezah
06-23-2005, 05:03 PM
Why? because guns do more harm than helping/protecting. How many children were killed by accidental shots?

I don't know, you tell me, how many children under the age of 15 have been killed by accidental shots?

achilles
06-23-2005, 07:26 PM

Best regards.

Funny, and I always thought that America was formed by former British colonists and the population was made up for the most part by people who immigrated to this country. Guess they were all wannabes.

I see your point, but how is this related to the fact that i was pulling Geezah's leg?

Legion
06-24-2005, 10:07 AM

Best regards.

I see your point, but how is this related to the fact that i was pulling Geezah's leg?

Oh, uh...thought you were serious. Nothing to see here, carry on.

perdurabo
06-24-2005, 01:11 PM
I'd like to have a gun in my house,

Not that i don't feel safe but just to know that it's there when i need it maybe for some burglar that might show up.

not only you mate here in Poland there is more of us, i remeber polls made few years back about "home gun" moust of Poles where yes but of course our wussie politics and police said no :(