PDA

View Full Version : 82nd and beards?

Anonymous
11-21-2002, 11:48 PM
Hey, There's a picture on the second page of the 82nd picture forum in which a group of clean shaven 82 guys are standing ina vill, but a guy on the far right has a beard. Is he SF sent to accompany them or what? So much for the gay-ass orders for SF to shave! This pic is also in the recent Time mag NOV25. Also he's using standard body armor, SF uses a different kind not the open and close in the front, but the slip over your head kind.. Thanks....

hood
11-22-2002, 02:14 AM
hmm.. his uniform is the same as the rest, and there' no shoulder patch...

http://www4.aixgaming.com/opend/albums/82nd_Airborne_Division/82nd_more3.jpg

Anonymous
11-22-2002, 06:21 PM
Could by PsyOps, could be an Intelligence officer, could be an interperator, could be from several units. Just cause he has a beard doesn't mean he's SF or something.

Anonymous
11-25-2002, 06:20 PM
could just simply have a shaving profile? and no clippers to trim with, they are at WAR with no electricity

hood
11-25-2002, 06:28 PM
well, standing next to 5 clean shaven guys....from what I hear, these guys go through batteries like water.

Anonymous
11-27-2002, 08:30 AM
Just to toss in my 2 cents. he bearded guy has some sort of different web gear. The 3 guys in the middle only look like ther are wearing thenew flack jackets. Maybe this tells us something, but I'm not thinking so. Since it looks like the dude to the far left looks like hes got web gear on too.

Kyle

Anonymous
11-28-2002, 09:41 PM
Like I said it is kinda hard to tell from this picture, but they're all wearing the same vest. The guy on the far left has a chicom ak vest on over his armor vest. Maybe this guy is SF accompaning 82d guys on ops to keep things in perspective and to keep the John Wayning to a minimum. ;)

MC-3
12-31-2002, 05:57 AM
;) Now guys, Aussie SAS were attached to the 82 on odd occassions, even though they have a very new style of desert cam, and if it is one, then the webbing would definatley be different, all had beards
MC-3

When injury must be done to man,
it should be so severe you need not fear his retribution
Machiavelli

Diamondback
12-31-2002, 11:41 AM
When injury must be done to man,
it should be so severe you need not fear his retribution
Machiavelli

Now thats just about the best damn thing I've read in a while

GearGod
02-04-2003, 10:36 PM
Maybe he's SF and coincidently wore the same gear as 82nd

Kitsune
02-05-2003, 04:07 PM
Yeah diamondback.... that from Machiavellis "El Principe" written in the 15th century. Its full of stuff like this.

Chops
02-05-2003, 07:57 PM
MC-3

No way is this guy a Dentist. The Group fellas always wore AUSCAMs- the first deployment wore desert AUSCAM blouses and standard AUSCAM trousers. 3 and 1 Squadon generally wore full deserts in the following deployments.

He is a Yank no question. My guess would be either straight SF on attachment (CAG/DEVGRP like their toys too much), SAD/SOG or TV/Gray Fox. I would put my money on SAD or TV/GF.

Rgds

Chops