PDA

View Full Version : USAF Pararescuemen gear

Tiger101
08-29-2005, 12:27 PM
Hi everyone, I was wondering if someone could tell me what equipment USAF Pararescuemen wear for an operation/mission in a woodland environment.

Im interested in buying their exact gear so I can use it for airsoft. I already know what gun they use and I have it for airsoft: M4 with 203 and other accessories.

But the problem i have is I dont know what kind of equipment they use, such as body armour (do they use the standard one or the SPEAR armour that special ops guys wear?), and what types of tactical vests they wear, and other miscellaneous pouches and such.

Thanks for your help,
Tiger

MikeySpec
08-29-2005, 01:25 PM
Some great pics of their equipment.

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=55806&highlight=pararescue

usafbalad
08-29-2005, 01:53 PM
they basically wear whatever the hell makes them feel the most comftorable in.

I'm stationed on Eglin and I go to Hurlburt field a lot, and I see them training all the time. Its pretty cool to see them practicing jumps and stuff in the bay.

PrincessRAR
08-29-2005, 05:36 PM
Hi everyone, I was wondering if someone could tell me what equipment USAF Pararescuemen wear for an operation/mission in a woodland environment.

Im interested in buying their exact gear so I can use it for airsoft. I already know what gun they use and I have it for airsoft: M4 with 203 and other accessories.

But the problem i have is I dont know what kind of equipment they use, such as body armour (do they use the standard one or the SPEAR armour that special ops guys wear?), and what types of tactical vests they wear, and other miscellaneous pouches and such.

Thanks for your help,
Tiger

since you posted into gear and not airsoft it is my duty to inform you that it is a rifle not a gun, and for that you can get to your guts and do 20.

Creeper
08-29-2005, 09:52 PM
WHOOPS SORRY. :backhand:
(U must refr to "push-ups eh?) Those AUSSIES funny boys ! rofl

MSR
08-30-2005, 12:26 AM
Mate on that specwargear website they have a lot of pics of LBV's apparently worn by PJ's. I don't know how accurate the site is, but hey?

Also in the book US Air Force Special Ops written by Fred J. Pushies published by MBI as part of the POWER Series, there are a tonne of pictures of PJ's and CCT guys in the woodland enviroment. So have a look at that and test and adjust.

kaiser
08-30-2005, 01:14 AM

Thanks for your help,
Tiger

you can have the following equipment list for reference :
BDU : simply USGI BDU or any kind of custom BDU, but mostly they will add Strobe Light pouch on the upper arm
Headgear :HGU-55/P , HALO, Protect classis style or ACE Strike,IBH
Vest :ITLBV-E, AWS Direct Action Vest, AWS CCT LBV, AWS CQB Warfare Vest, Eagle Airsave Vest, Survival Vest...(this one I forgetted the name, but I have the no. NSN 8415-01-450-3205 and the manufacturer is likely Survival ...something...) and any other vest the operator like...AWS is their symbal, the other rarely use AWS gear.
Body Armor :PT Body Armor in the past and newly Pj Body Armor
Boots :Combat Boots issue by USAF or Adidass...

Actually, offical issue gear of USAF is just ITLBV-E and ALICE LC-2 Field Gear, like webbing and Backpacks...

Please see some of the gear photos :
http://www.okimiri.com/top/pjba.jpg
Pj Body Armor (Black or Tan)
http://www.uscav.com/prodinfo/images/22941.jpg
USAF Survival Vest NSN 8415-01-450-3205 (sorry forgot the name...)
http://www.special-warfare.net/data_base/306_vest/aws_01/aws_cct_pj_vest_01.jpg
AWS CCT LBV

will post more photo if I get that...Also I'm a aiesoft play and Pj/CCT gear collector...as well as other forces gear...

Creeper
08-30-2005, 02:02 AM
1.) move this thread to the airsoft section.
2.) the posted LBV (CCT) is old school circa 1980 something or another.
:fork:

kaiser
08-30-2005, 02:33 AM
I don't agree if move this thread to airsoft, because we are discussing the "real gear" , no matter the use...they are the real gear, so I think post it in this sector is suitable.

kaiser
08-30-2005, 02:50 AM
May be this is a litte bit off topic...please accept my apologize...
I can understand why so many people look down airsoft players, even I'm the airsoft player, I dislike many of them, they are naif...or simply a fool...but some of them like me , is not able to join the military service, we have no chance for some reason, but we respect the real worrior who serve their country, we respect their sprit.
I use all the real gear in the wargame or called the survival game, with all the real parts on my airsoft rifle, with the same configuation with the real operator, This is the way I respect them, I do the same thing with them, to feel their feelings, everytime, I bring all the real gear with me as well as the body armor,ballistic helmet, even they are bukly and heavy, but I indeed to bring all of them , I pay them with my pocket money, even some USD$800 for the RAV...I have a vast collection with military gears, most of the gear list above, as well as other SEALs gear and Ranger gear...you can notice another thread I ask about the chest rig, I need 18 mag on my chest because I use the 30rd mag just like the real one...

So please understand we are taking about the gear seriously...

K.Johnston
08-30-2005, 03:24 AM
and i just do it cuz i was to fat to join the army, to ugly for the marines, to blind for the air force, and too boyant for the navy.

j/k im in shape

Tiger101
08-30-2005, 02:37 PM
Thanks for everyones help, this is really helping me with me with knowing what gear they use. What ive noticed from the pictures is that they also use the SPEAR body armour as well as the PT (now PJ) armour. Also I found a website that had a PJ wearing the SPEAR tactical vest. I should also mention that the site was for an action figure so I dont know how accurate it is. Heres the link: http://www.intrudershop.com.tw/12intoys/ht-2004-pj.htm

So far for the most common PJ main loadout ive got:

Gun: M4 RIS with M203, ACOG 4x32 or ACOG reflex, AN/PEQ IR Pointer/Illuminator
Armour: PT (PJ) Body Armour
Helmet: MICH helmet with NVG mount
Goggles: ESS goggles

Twombles375
08-30-2005, 09:55 PM
Get the guarder or G&P SPEARs body armor replica in woodland & SPEAR LBV (real or replica) in woodland.

redhawk_six
08-31-2005, 01:35 AM
That would be for US Army SF. PJ's don't use spear.

I would suggest an OD BCS Plate Carrier and Tac Tailor 2-Peice MAV with x-harness.

INFO on the plate carrier:
http://www.militarymorons.com/equipment/protective.html#bcs

redhawk_six
08-31-2005, 01:40 AM
okay, since edit doesn't seem to work..... BCS doesn't come in OD, so that in woodland or a guarder or G&P RBA (ranger body armour) replica in od or woodland. also, include an OD camelbak, and possibly a Tac Talior medic bag, either the M5 or Trauma pack.

for desert, one of the above vests in coyote (tan) and a coyote 2-peice mav, with a coyote camelbak will look great.

MSR
08-31-2005, 09:08 PM
May be this is a litte bit off topic...please accept my apologize...
I can understand why so many people look down airsoft players, even I'm the airsoft player, I dislike many of them, they are naif...or simply a fool...but some of them like me , is not able to join the military service, we have no chance for some reason, but we respect the real worrior who serve their country, we respect their sprit.
I use all the real gear in the wargame or called the survival game, with all the real parts on my airsoft rifle, with the same configuation with the real operator, This is the way I respect them, I do the same thing with them, to feel their feelings, everytime, I bring all the real gear with me as well as the body armor,ballistic helmet, even they are bukly and heavy, but I indeed to bring all of them , I pay them with my pocket money, even some USD$800 for the RAV...I have a vast collection with military gears, most of the gear list above, as well as other SEALs gear and Ranger gear...you can notice another thread I ask about the chest rig, I need 18 mag on my chest because I use the 30rd mag just like the real one...

So please understand we are taking about the gear seriously...

Can't get in for some reason?
There are about 10 good ones I've got from reading that post