PDA

View Full Version : Stryker -VS- Lav

deagle
11-09-2006, 07:10 PM
Can anyone tell me the difference ? Visually, they look about the same to me, and I was wondering if there are any sites comparing the two. ANother difference is one is for army and other for USMC. However, my guess is that with the stryker being more recent, it can be configured more and probably has a lot of technical capabilities as well.

i know the tires can be limited in artic or muddy terrain, but can the tires be swapped out for tracks ? (as the tires are interchangable, allowing for easier fixes). To switch to tracks will be a bit harder i suspect. That said, will their be tracked strykers ? Thanks for the help !

ShakesFIST
11-09-2006, 07:41 PM
You may want to look a little harder if you cant tell the difference between the two vehicles.

dj_1911
11-09-2006, 07:45 PM
Can anyone tell me the difference ? Visually, they look about the same to me, and I was wondering if there are any sites comparing the two. ANother difference is one is for army and other for USMC. However, my guess is that with the stryker being more recent, it can be configured more and probably has a lot of technical capabilities as well.

i know the tires can be limited in artic or muddy terrain, but can the tires be swapped out for tracks ? (as the tires are interchangable, allowing for easier fixes). To switch to tracks will be a bit harder i suspect. That said, will their be tracked strykers ? Thanks for the help !

I just came across an excellent site you might want to try.
http://www.google.com (http://www.google.com/)

Ezekiel25:17
11-09-2006, 07:46 PM
DW is gonna get you.

ShakesFIST
11-09-2006, 07:49 PM
DW is gonna get you.

Its a coin toss if you ask me. He isn't really doing what most "a vs b" threads are about. I think it will boil down to DW's mood :)

11-09-2006, 07:50 PM
Perhaps you should clarify which "LAV" you are talking about.

When you say "Marines" I'm assuming you mean the LAV-25

It's an older design, although it looks very similar in some respects to a Stryker, closer inspection reveals differences.

Hull, drivetrain, powerplant, electronics, sensors xect.. are all different from a Stryker,

If you are talking about the LAV-III, it's basically a Stryker.

They share the same Hull, drivetrain, Engine ect...

In the CF, we have to main variants.. LAV-III section carrier, with a turret and 25mm M242.. as well we have the LAV-TUA.. (Tow Under Armour) ITAS TOW vehicle

In short..

LAV-25 vs Stryker - mostly different

LAV-III vs Stryker - mostly same (not accounting for variants)

James
11-09-2006, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the answers guest.

Deagle, there you have it. For future reference - "Research" means using google or something to find the information yourself, often from multiple sources. It does NOT mean coming here to ask inane questions.

Fastest thread ever!