PDA

View Full Version : Blackwater requirements

GuLfCoAStKilla1
11-19-2006, 11:07 PM
I was talking to a friend of mine, who is a marine, who applied to work for Blackwater. He told me that to work for them you need to have 4 years of Active Duty. I am a few years younger than him and I planned into enlisting into the Reserves. Does anyone know if they take ONLY former Active Duty soldiers?

ShakesFIST
11-19-2006, 11:12 PM
Maybe you should ask Blackwater. They may know.

D-gin
11-19-2006, 11:12 PM
Have you tried there website or Emailing them.

http://www.blackwaterusa.com/securityconsulting/secopps.asp

GuLfCoAStKilla1
11-19-2006, 11:17 PM
I looked on the website under the employment, but no I haven't emailed them. I'll try that. Thanks for the advice.

IDF-Godzilla
11-20-2006, 01:03 AM
I got a question about this company, do they take non US soldiers to their company, i mean, can a guy from France, Israel or any other country apply to work with them?

vinny_121_ND
11-20-2006, 01:29 AM
Yeah, if you're former special forces, or have specialized training, they may employ u pending on your experience.

BW has hired people from south america, the phillipines etc because of their qualifications. They're not going to hire people from the reserves. BW doesn't have the time to train u on counter ambushes, basic shooting, protection detail etc.

I also believe they do have selection course as well. A Green beret back from the 80s might be a better shooter a guy who just got out of the rangers. Don't ask how I know, some former BW contractor told me, or is trying to implement a selection course just to benchmark how good the pool of applicants are.

On a side note, ranger school isn't that bad. Come try out with the Canadians. Canadians aren't too gung ho about railmania on their diemaco's.

V

Con-man
11-20-2006, 01:59 AM
Theres only two reasons I can find as to why people join Blackwater, they wanna see more action and/or they want more money than soldiers get. But personally I'd rather stay with a government army, the health insurance is wayyy better, whilst the PMC health insurance doesn't really exist.

Limeyfellow
11-20-2006, 02:05 AM
The troops from South America were mainly troops from Chile from back in the Pinochet days of death squads and other nasty stuff going on. They also employed quite a number of Africans in the past and some squads of Bosnians. Generally they are looking for commandos, special forces and other similar types.

They also hired a bunch of Columbian soldiers who were throwing a fit because they were only getting paid a quarter of what they were promised and it seems your pay really varies depending on which country you are from, but if you meet the requirements you should be fine.

Dominique
11-20-2006, 10:15 PM
Yeah, if you're former special forces, or have specialized training, they may employ u pending on your experience.

BW has hired people from south america, the phillipines etc because of their qualifications. They're not going to hire people from the reserves. BW doesn't have the time to train u on counter ambushes, basic shooting, protection detail etc.

I also believe they do have selection course as well. A Green beret back from the 80s might be a better shooter a guy who just got out of the rangers. Don't ask how I know, some former BW contractor told me, or is trying to implement a selection course just to benchmark how good the pool of applicants are.

On a side note, ranger school isn't that bad. Come try out with the Canadians. Canadians aren't too gung ho about railmania on their diemaco's.

V

Vinny most of the info you've posted is flat out WRONG. Because of BW's contractual obligations they're only hiring US citizens for security work at the moment, that may change, but don‘t count on it. Yes they do hire people from the Reserves and Guard (Since many Reservist and Guardsmen have several combat deployments under their belt), just as they hire people with no military experience (Mostly Law Enforcement and EMS with SWAT or Protective Service Detail experience). It all depends on what qualifications you bring (Service with a special operations unit, actually combat experience, or service with units like the FBI HRT, USMS SOG, BORTAC, etc tends to carry more weight though). They have a pre-employment screening, it's on their website, and a selection course to complete (prior service in certain military units or law enforcement agencies will eliminate the training requirement.) Qualified applicants will be contacted by a BW rep.

California Joe
11-20-2006, 10:21 PM
I was talking to a friend of mine, who is a marine, who applied to work for Blackwater. He told me that to work for them you need to have 4 years of Active Duty. I am a few years younger than him and I planned into enlisting into the Reserves. Does anyone know if they take ONLY former Active Duty soldiers?

Lets see, you haven't joined the Reserves yet and you're already planning your career as an Oakley wearing HSLD Blackwater PMC?

Simmah don nah.

Baby steps.

Dominique
11-20-2006, 10:44 PM
Theres only two reasons I can find as to why people join Blackwater, they wanna see more action and/or they want more money than soldiers get. But personally I'd rather stay with a government army, the health insurance is wayyy better, whilst the PMC health insurance doesn't really exist.

Actually my health insurance was quite good, expensive, but good. Life insurance on the other hand left a lot to be desired. Plus when you're not working you don't make any loot. It's either feast or famine. Plus if you don't like the way things are working out, and quit, you can be lefthigh and dry in some pretty s*itty places. I know my former employer told you flat out if you quit, you had to get home on your own.

remo williams
11-20-2006, 11:31 PM
Lets see, you haven't joined the Reserves yet and you're already planning your career as an Oakley wearing HSLD Blackwater PMC?

Simmah don nah.

Baby steps.

Cali Joe you never cease to in form and amaze. beer to the man with the wit and wisdom. I had read Blackwater's requirements, and I remember seeing the 4yrs active duty requirement among other things req'd for some of the positions. The impression is, that to get in you already need to be on the ground running. The faster the better depending on what they need.

seraosha
11-21-2006, 12:26 AM
Go to their website, everything is there.

Been playing around with the idea myself, but I'm kinda fond of my wife and kids. Money looks good though.

If I was single, I'd already have joined BW.
Hell, come to think of it, I'd still be in the Cav.

vinny_121_ND
11-21-2006, 12:32 AM
Vinny most of the info you've posted is flat out WRONG. Because of BW's contractual obligations they're only hiring US citizens for security work at the moment, that may change, but don‘t count on it. Yes they do hire people from the Reserves and Guard (Since many Reservist and Guardsmen have several combat deployments under their belt), just as they hire people with no military experience (Mostly Law Enforcement and EMS with SWAT or Protective Service Detail experience). It all depends on what qualifications you bring (Service with a special operations unit, actually combat experience, or service with units like the FBI HRT, USMS SOG, BORTAC, etc tends to carry more weight though). They have a pre-employment screening, it's on their website, and a selection course to complete (prior service in certain military units or law enforcement agencies will eliminate the training requirement.) Qualified applicants will be contacted by a BW rep.

AH CRAP. Yeah, I sort of forgot to mention that little detail about recon, hrt, swat dudes. Sorry guys! You're right, I forgot some major details, but that doesn't make me totally wrong. BW isn't going to hire some new guy who just got his doctorate in biochemistry. Experience and qualifications matter. The more, the better. BW needs to be assured that when u get shot at, you're not gonna freeze and put everybody in danger.

For the initial thread poster, all I'm saying is, if you got the background to prove you're capable, then you're fit for the job description.

We're on the same page now.

V

Dominique
11-21-2006, 12:47 AM
AH CRAP. Yeah, I sort of forgot to mention that little detail about recon, hrt, swat dudes. Sorry guys! You're right, I forgot some major details, but that doesn't make me totally wrong.

Yes you seem to have left out quite few details.

BW isn't going to hire some new guy who just got his doctorate in biochemistry. Experience and qualifications matter. The more, the better.

Wrong again. Blackwater hires for a wide range of jobs. Not to long ago they were looking for a cook (with overseas experience) and an office assistant (with a TS clearance). It just depends on their needs at the time.

BW needs to be assured that when u get shot at, you're not gonna freeze and put everybody in danger.

Experience is no guarantee that you won't freeze up, but it lessons the chance.

For the initial thread poster, all I'm saying is, if you got the background to prove you're capable, then you're fit for the job description.

And you base this assumption on what?

We're on the same page now.

What page is that?

Sorry if I seem to be a little harsh with my responses, but when it comes to Blackwater, Dyncorp, or any of the other contractors out there (Triple Canopy, Black Ice, etc.) most of you don't have clue as to what the hell you're talking about. I'm also in pissy mood tonight, so I'll appologize if I've offended anyone with my comments.

vinny_121_ND
11-21-2006, 12:56 AM
Yes they hire people based on their needs. But the bulk of who they hire are shooters. They need people who can sit at a desk too. They need everybody. Everybody should apply to blackwater just to cover the bases u know what I'm saying? If u can type, apply. If u can speak arabic, apply. If u can fix cars, apply. If u're a gunsmith, apply. Everybody can possibly get a job with bw, like u said eh?? Eh??

K, I'm going to hide in my little hole and sleep and let the Team America save the world. the safest place to live now is Canada, pending u can drive in the freezing rain and snow.

V

Argyll
11-21-2006, 01:22 AM
still talking shyte.........if you don't have personal experience within a PMC don't comment on their requirement based on hearsay or " I heard it from a friend" bullshyt!!

To the original poster, you don't have the creds, so move along please, there's noting to see here