Page 4 of 994 FirstFirst 1234567891011121454104504 ... LastLast

Thread: Méxican Armed Forces: Videos, pictures, news,etc.

Quote Originally Posted by exarmyguard View Post
    I gotta say something. First, I think the Mexican people are good people. That being said, for some reason, the Mexican army scares me. Maybe it was the video that showed the special forces marching in a way reminiscient of Nazi Germany. Not to say that they are doing so, but it is, to me, similar. Maybe its how the army is so readily used by the government in civil matters. I have never seen soldiers here in the US used in a police function and hope I never will. I imagine if I had trained with the Mexican army like I had with the Canadians, I would not have a sense of "not knowing" what their army thought of the US Army.
    if you are refering to the way of marching, that is not actually copied from nazis, it is based on the Prussian example. Many armies of the world where influenced by the Prussian military tradition and created their armies along those lines. Same example goes for many navies based on the English navy model.

Quote Originally Posted by exarmyguard View Post
    Maybe its because where I am, in the northeast, mexicans are viewed as kind of shady. THis is not a personal prejudice nor my personal view. Alot of us european decendents have a skewed view of mexicans and other latinos. Personally, I have always gotten along with all of them. There is something that I have noticed though. I think, and I could be wrong, but there is a resentment or anger just under the surface that is within them. In other words, these mexicans have a "prejudice". I could be way off. Its almost as if they want to work for money, but don't want to be here to get it. Maybe one of you guys from Mexico could tell me what Mexicans really feel about us norteamericanos.
    any immigrant from any country would rather be home and make good money but in reality there is no comparison with the US economy and what its job market can offer. most Mexicans see the US as the ideal , the american way of life as what they would like for themselves and for their country, specially when it comes to infrastructure.

Were you expecting a 4th of july style parade?

Default Mexican Army

REAL STORIE:

[SIZE=5]What positive experience with the Mexican Army can be recounted?[/SIZE]
    By Roberta Giesea < [*******#0000ff]baja4u@hotmail.com[/COLOR] >
    The media exploits negative incidents that occur in Mexico so much it causes readers to become Mexiphobic at the worst and cautious at the least. There’s nothing wrong with caution but there is something wrong with generalizations that become as irrational and prejudicial as the feelings at a KKK meeting. Mexico is NOT all bad and should be considered a respected country with cultural beauty unique unto itself. I’d like to share positive current incidents that occurred in Baja California, Mexico where I reside.

This is a true story.

The following incident is so preposterous it could probably never be repeated:
    Rose and Maurice, Canadian pilots with their own private airplane, whimsically decided to fly from Ensenada where they live to San Quintín, a three-hour car ride south, in order to eat lunch at the Old Mill Restaurant. When they flew over the Old Mill air***** they found it was marked with a big red X, indicating it was probably one of the small commercial air*****s closed by the Mexican government in order to control the drug trade.

Disappointed, they consulted their book to find five nearby air*****s located in the San Quintín area. They naturally flew to the closest one. Surprisingly, it turned out to be professionally paved, allowing for a very smooth landing with no problem. No problem, that is, until they stopped at the end of the landing *****.

Looking out the window, they nervously observed twenty gun muzzles aimed directly at them.

Army soldiers dressed in full military gear surrounded their plane. One asked, in perfect Spanish with an expression of incredulous disbelief, "Why did you land your plane in the Army air*****?" With heart thumping, Maurice answered honestly, "We want to have lunch at the Old Mill Restaurant." Suspicious and puzzled, the soldier led them to an official building where a man, who was obviously his superior, greeted them coldly with more questions.

His temperament warmed up as Rose complimented him on a big ruby ring he wore. After a cordial conversation, Maurice finally felt comfortable enough to ask, "Could you take us to a cab so we can go to lunch at the Old Mill Restaurant?" Smiling warmly, the officer answered, "Of course, my friend. Come with me." Rose and Maurice rode with him to the gate where all the guards immediately stood at attention and saluted. With the air of someone important, he saluted back.

At that moment they realized they were with an important man, the Commander of the entire base! After asking a younger soldier to take the visiting pilots to a cab, he waved farewell, turned toward the base and departed. Rose and Maurice sighed with relief as they entered the cab that took them to the Old Mill Restaurant for lunch.

The succulent food proved worthy of the effort made to obtain it. It was a delicious meal! After lunch the taxi returned the couple to the base without incident. Recognizing them as friends of the Commander, the guards allowed them to enter the gate. It was obvious a thorough searched had taken place inside the airplane while they were gone, probably for guns and drugs or maybe for a bomb, but they had nothing to hide so they didn’t mind. The Army had cordially hosted the errant pilots even though they had illegally intruded upon the base. Mexican hospitality, expressed by polite manners, effectively diffused a potentially dangerous situation.

Banned user

Mexicans and American have alot more in common than one would think.
    A lot of common values and norms.

Mexicans immigrants in the US today face the same challeneges as the Irish immigrants in the 19th century.

• Predomniantly Roman Catholic in a Protestant world
    • Arrived from a country with limited means and opportunity
    • Discriminated and berated by the natives
    • Did undesirable labor
    • Away from family and friends
    I often visit the Mission District in San Francisco. Since I speak the language and listen Spanish Radio I generally know what's going on.

Here's the scoop:
    The fact of the matter is that many undocumented migrants have not returned home in more than 5 years. In the past it was not uncommon to return home periodically with the pick up truck full of durable goods. And return to the US via the same "coyote".

Since the border has been sealed, many are unwilling to return to Mexico fearing that they are not able to cross over again. One migrant told me it took him several times to cross and each time he had to go deeper into the mountians and deserts.

This puts a tremendous amount of personal strain especially with the older migrants. Many are unable to attend funerals, tend to familiy affairs or deal with a wayward teenager. The younger migrants have a better time dealing with life in the US. Since many are unwilling to return to Mexico some have found American girlfriends or boyfriends. The ones who decided to stay will eventualy become Americans.

EXARMYGUARD,

Next time when you work with your co-workers from Mexico, give them a six-pack at the end of the day, and you'll find out that they are no different than any American.

A million thanks for your replies! Just knowing you'd take the time to read what I typed and to respond is truly heartwarming.

Good point on our military being called up to assist the civil powers here in the USA. Though I believe it is mostly National Guardsmen who are utilized and not so much federal troops due to the Posse Comitatus act. In Mexico, as it is in most other countries, this seperation does not exist as you mentioned.

The Mexicans I know are the most hard-working people I have ever seen. They work hard and they go back to Mexico to spend their money on their families, which I admire. I wish I could do it as american money goes far there. What they like of me is that I know some Spanish and that I listen to what they have to say in a respectful way. They see I am genuinely interested in what they have to say and try to learn. I imagine its the same with all people in that their are prejudices, but they go away (at least on an individual level) once a personal dialogue is created. Myself, I have family in Argentina and it seems to impress latinos at some level.

My problem is the whole illegal immigration issue. Of course, it is not isolated to Mexicans nor South Americans. I know of a welder from Ireland who is here illegally, for example. This concern with illegal immigration is further agitated when you turn on the television and see people jumping a fence or crossing the open desert. One co-worker from El Salvador paid $3,000 to a coyote and crossed into Arizona with a 5 gallon water jug on his shoulder. Now that he is here, he works for whatever he can get. And, just like all the illegals I know, they work very hard. Immigration is so tragic, disorganized and patently unfair to people who come in legally. I know these people are not evil but I also know that among them are drug smugglers, terrorists and other criminals. The fault lies squarely on the shoulder of the US government and not with these people who are looking only to better themselves. Also, if the Mexican government took better care of its population, the crisis could be lessened.

As an aside, I can't think of anytime when the US military cooperated in same way as they do with the Canadian forces. I imagine this is due to the nature of NATO and the military excercises that focus on the NATO mission. Perhaps if their were more joint training in the desert border areas, their would be more familiarity there.

I do remember the help that Mexico provided during the hurricanes. That generated mixed feeling as I do recall. Guys like Lou Dobbs flipped out when he saw military trucks with Mexican flags draped on the cabs. He equated it to an invasion! This sort of rhetoric only fuels the fires of those who are concerned with immigration. I thought it was interesting in that I was unaware Mexico had an army!

PS. The Mexicans I work with LOVE Heineken beer and I have bought more then a few cases for my amigos and will buy plenty more in the future
    Last edited by exarmyguard; 01-28-2007 at 09:12 AM.

Banned user

Exarmyguard,

Che Pive!!! (Argentine Expression)

I agree with you that the Mexican Government needs to do more in creating jobs. A major issue in Mexico is that there are major private - public business monopolies that prevent start-ups and small businesses.

Pemex, Telmex, Cruz Azul, Cemex and Bimbo are big conglomerates with little or no competitors.

For example: How can a local artisan baker can expand his product if Bimbo floods the market driving the prices down. The baker will head north.

Its similar to India 20 years ago. With Tata Corp. and Government regulation. Once the reins in India was loossened up, India began to thrive economically.

Mexicans can thrive and prosper liberal economy such as the United States. Go to LA and see many of the growing light industrial businesses and services sprouted from the garages and pick up trucks of Mexican laborers.

The energy and drive is there. The Mexican government needs to loosen up its rules and break up the monopolies.

Repost*

Federal Preventive Police. Some pics of their different branches, for example, Highway patroll, anti-riots, rapid reaction forces, special operations,etc.

[IMG][/IMG]

All great pics. keep up the good work.

Any update on the FX-05, And the two Austin class and SU-27 such date of delivery and for the su-27 like weapons and version?

The President's Protective Teams ( Bodyguards) during training.

Some recent pictures of the president where you can see members of his protective team.

Default Mexican Federal Police

Mexican Federal Police

Mexican Federal Highway Patrol

Last edited by Aztec Eagle 201st; 01-31-2007 at 12:36 AM.

Default Oaxaca Class Ship

Mexican Navy Oaxaca Class ship.

Hangar

Lift Cranes.

Main Gun.

Default ARM California

On this ship on the picture is the ARM California,can some one tell me whats that thing on top of the bridge??