Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Eod

Default Icelandic Coast Guard EOD

EOD training

Icelandic EOD in Iraq

Danish EOD bearing gifts

First Icelandic EOD during WWII. Trained by brits.

Quote Originally Posted by Binger View Post
    all soldiers are belong to Yahalom (diamond), special combat enginering operations unit. yahalom handles all EOD and special demolision roles. most of the photos were taken from IDF combat enginering website, and are probably a decade old.

Does this guy scare anyone else, or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Macs. View Post
    There is a amazing story of a GSG-9 EOD Operator who saved a hostage which had a bobby-trapped Handgrenade pressed right to his breast by the dead hostage-taker. (The hostage-taker had been shot dead by a sniper.)

I can upload a subtitled part of a Documentation about that later.
    MACS- I would like to know more about this if you have time.

Heres some I posted of RAAF EOD

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...d.php?t=101278

And some very good pics of USAF EOD by BBrowneod
    http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...d.php?t=100376

Default Staff Sgt. Dustin Michael Gould

A Norman Marine was killed Friday while attempting to disarm an explosive, saving others' lives.

Staff Sgt. Dustin Michael Gould, 28, had been a Marine since he was 18 years old and was in Iraq for the fourth time when he was killed at an undisclosed location. He was scheduled to return in April. Recently, a sniper killed his half-brother, who was in Iraq with the Army. His nephew also is serving in Iraq.

When two Marine officers visited the beauty salon about 10 a.m. Friday where Karen Gould works, she knew the news was bad. Her son, a bomb technician, had told her that military casualty officers wouldn't call - they'd break the news in person.

"I looked at them and I looked at my boss and I just kind of went sick," Karen Gould said.

The Marines told her Dustin Gould died doing his job. "He was disarming (a bomb) to save his whole platoon, and he took the fall for it. So he saved the others," she said, describing her son as a proud Marine who was upset with the war yet planned to make the Marine Corps his career.

"He was very proud of it (but) he was sick of the way things were," she said.

The military has not confirmed Dustin Gould's death.

Gould leaves behind a wife of eight years, Elizabeth, who lives in California. They have no children. He also leaves behind his father, David Gould, of Georgia; and a sister, Bethany White, 31, of Van Buren, Ark.

"He was the kindest, gentlest, sweetest person. I would have never, ever, believed in him going overseas, being a Marine," Karen Gould said, calling her son a "good leader" who never whined or gave anyone trouble. She said he was an animal lover, and someone who would give the shirt off his back to others.

"One of the best. ... He knew the Lord, he loved the Lord, and he had a good spirit in him," she said, adding, "Just really a model citizen."

Dustin Gould was born at Norman Regional Hospital and attended Kennedy Elementary School. He graduated from high school in Colorado, where he enlisted in the Marines.

Longtime family friend Kay Weyneth, 64, praised his heroism.

"We honor everyone that's serving our country, but when they give their entire life ... he did save his platoon. The officers were emphatic about that," she said.

Services are pending

RIP Staff Sgt. Dustin Michael Gould and all others who gave it all. Thank you for your service.

Royal Air Force EOD ato work in Iraq.

EOD is good to have, well when they do come out to you and check things out, due to opsec i wont get into things but sometimes they are very hard to work with ....

and ask yourself how does one get rid of something off the side of the road when eod doesnt come out.... or how do you check something out when youre not sure what it is....

sometimes they dont like it when they get called up to come remove trash from off the road or a rolled up blanket or something.....

but yes eod is cool to have around, thanks guys.....

Quote Originally Posted by angry_young_man View Post

I don't think solid volfram will explode.

-jippo

Quote Originally Posted by snoddy View Post
    EOD is good to have, well when they do come out to you and check things out, due to opsec i wont get into things but sometimes they are very hard to work with ....

and ask yourself how does one get rid of something off the side of the road when eod doesnt come out.... or how do you check something out when youre not sure what it is....

sometimes they dont like it when they get called up to come remove trash from off the road or a rolled up blanket or something.....

but yes eod is cool to have around, thanks guys.....
    Do you realize that EOD techs in Iraq have one of the highest mortality rates of any MOS and spend more time outside the wire than damn near anyone?

Do you realize that the guys sometimes live off of 2-3 hours of sleep a night for weeks at a time because they are responding to EOD calls for assitance for the other 21-22 hours a day? (like the 50 teams a day asking them to respond to a blanket or a tire)

Do you realize that while you are waiting for EOD who "are taking their sweet ass time" they are usually finishing up another call at another location?

Do you realize that almost every actual IED call is a set ambush site and that EOD goes INTO the kill zone? Do you know how many EOD operators have been killed- not from the original IED but from snipers fire, mortar attack and secondary IEDs?

Do you realize that EOD forces have rendered safe somehwere over 75,000 IED & VBIEDs since the war began?

You don't unless you want to meet an EFP up close and personal. If you want to be pissed about having to check out a blanket or trash on the side of the road be pissed at your command for not getting you a recon robot- not EOD who are working their asses off.

I have lost more than a few friends and have many more missing limbs and badly burnt. Forgive us if "we are hard to work with" or didn't meet your expectations.

No Good Bloody Seppo California Joe's Avatar

Excellent response to an idiotic statement.

Quote Originally Posted by BMF_EOD View Post
    Do you realize that EOD techs in Iraq have one of the highest mortality rates of any MOS and spend more time outside the wire than damn near anyone?

Do you realize that the guys sometimes live off of 2-3 hours of sleep a night for weeks at a time because they are responding to EOD calls for assitance for the other 21-22 hours a day? (like the 50 teams a day asking them to respond to a blanket or a tire)

Do you realize that while you are waiting for EOD who "are taking their sweet ass time" they are usually finishing up another call at another location?

Do you realize that almost every actual IED call is a set ambush site and that EOD goes INTO the kill zone? Do you know how many EOD operators have been killed- not from the original IED but from snipers fire, mortar attack and secondary IEDs?

Do you realize that EOD forces have rendered safe somehwere over 75,000 IED & VBIEDs since the war began?

You don't unless you want to meet an EFP up close and personal. If you want to be pissed about having to check out a blanket or trash on the side of the road be pissed at your command for not getting you a recon robot- not EOD who are working their asses off.

I have lost more than a few friends and have many more missing limbs and badly burnt. Forgive us if "we are hard to work with" or didn't meet your expectations.
    ^^That's what I call an EFP post...

Well-said.

Unhappy my apologies

Quote Originally Posted by California Joe View Post
    Excellent response to an idiotic statement.
    maybe if you read it clearly and didnt take it out of context it wouldnt be. i said what i said cause sometimes theyre hard to work with, they wont come out unless the ao is secured and they ask alot when asking for that.... actually being there can change your thoughts im not just some guy whos talkin out his ****.... i wouldnt just flame anyone and that wasnt my intention here.... i know of alot of eod guys that got shot dead or walked over to a piece of garbage that blew up and they found his head a 100m away in some canal.... i have a high respect for eod and like i said and i thought an eod guy would know what im talking about when i said this, its hard to deal with something when eod gets there when they do or dont come out at all, what are you gonna do? someone has to walk up to it or shoot at it to figure out what it is and if its nothing then they have to get it off the road. and while all this is going on and traffic is backed up and you have guys on the ground, youre wondering whos watching and if some sniper somewhere is choosing to shoot at you that day.... so if it was an ambush grunts on the ground and eod would have to deal with that senario.....maybe i should have just said that.... would of made more sense i think.... so im sorry if i hurt anyones feelings

Royal Navy Mine Clearance Divers

The EOD teams in Iraq, do they travel with convoy's along with infantry? Or do they have their separate units who come and secure Bomb sites and suspected bombs?