Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Pics of police tanks

Here you go, took these a couple months ago in the Royal Army Museum down my road:

Unicus Ac Immortalis II Dark Avenger's Avatar

Found these in the site of a company producing band tracks

Here are some South African Police Armoured Vechiles

[SIZE=7]RG 12 (Nyala)[/SIZE]

The RG-12 is a multi-purpose public order vehicle with [*******#0000ff]anti-personnel mine[/COLOR], [*******#0000ff]grenade[/COLOR], [*******#0000ff]fire bomb[/COLOR] and small arms fire protection that is manufactured by [*******#0000ff]Land Systems OMC[/COLOR] (a business unit of [*******#0000ff]BAE Systems[/COLOR]) of [*******#0000ff]South Africa[/COLOR], with over 700 being in service globally in more than eight countries.
    Originally designed as a police public order vehicle for both urban and rural operations, the RG-12 has been developed to be used in many roles, including as routine [*******#0000ff]armoured patrol vehicle[/COLOR], military APC, bullion carrier, bulk diamond carrier and internal security vehicle on gold and platinum mines.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RG-12

[SIZE=7]Casspir[/SIZE]

The Casspir, a combat-proven, [*******#0000ff]landmine[/COLOR]-protected [*******#0000ff]personnel carrier[/COLOR] (APC), has been in use in [*******#0000ff]South Africa[/COLOR] for over 20 years. It is a four wheeled [*******#0000ff]armoured[/COLOR] vehicle, used for transport of [*******#0000ff]troops[/COLOR]. It can hold a crew of two, plus 12 additional soldiers and associated gear. The Casspir is unique in design, providing for passive mine defence. The main body of the vehicle is raised above the ground, so that if a mine is detonated, the explosion is less likely to damage the crew compartment and kill the occupants. The cross-section of the hull is V-shaped, directing the force of the explosion outwards, further protecting the occupants. The vehicle is also armoured for added mine safety, as well as protection from small arms fire. Casspir's mine protection and field repairability are legendary and it is currently the only general purpose [*******#0000ff]MPV[/COLOR] in service with a triple mine protection level that includes main components. These factors, among others, lead to Casspir being the MPV of choice for several forces and for organizations employed in humanitarian operations (including mine clearing) in mine-infested areas.

The Casspir was ubiquitous during the days of [*******#0000ff]apartheid[/COLOR] in South Africa. It was commonly used in the [*******#0000ff]townships[/COLOR] for crowd and [*******#0000ff]riot[/COLOR] control.

Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

The Italian Carabinieri had M-47 and Leopard tanks until about the early '90s.
    I couldn't find a picture except this one, but I'm not convinced it's one of those Patton.

Quote Originally Posted by Johan M View Post
    This is an example from Belgian Gendarmerie, the 4RM/62F-AB, an armoured vehicle from the seventies, made by FN. It had a gun 90 mm and was used until about ten years ago.
    The FN 4RM was build from 1965-1968 and was already withdrawn from 1977, that's 30 years ago.
    The vehicle in the centre is the FN ABC with 90mm gun you mentioned while the one on the right is an FN AB.MI.MO with machine guns and mortar.

Default Bulgaria

Bulgarian modified BTR-60

Default Czech Republic

Czech OKV-P, based on the BRDM-2

Default PR China

Chinese peace keepers in Haiti

Slovakian

Quote Originally Posted by calimero2 View Post
    The FN 4RM was build from 1965-1968 and was already withdrawn from 1977, that's 30 years ago.
    The vehicle in the centre is the FN ABC with 90mm gun you mentioned while the one on the right is an FN AB.MI.MO with machine guns and mortar.
    are you talking about this one? On www.rijkswacht.com , I read those info. I believe you, what is your source?

Already seen, but.....

Serbian Zandarmeria nad police armor and up-armored-

Quote Originally Posted by Johan M View Post
    are you talking about this one? On www.rijkswacht.com , I read those info. I believe you, what is your source?
    FN and Jane's. According to the latter, the BDX was delivered to the gendarmerie (and air force) between 1978 and 1981.

Unicus Ac Immortalis II Dark Avenger's Avatar

Two more M113s.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfish6 View Post
    Who is using the Dingo?
    Nobody is using that Dingo. At least not with that paint job on it. This one boys and girls is all Photoshop.
    Last edited by Gus; 01-13-2007 at 12:15 PM.