Thread: Army switching to MARPAT?

Default Army switching to MARPAT?

Greetings,
    I have a friend down in S. Korea with the army who told me a few weeks ago that the Army is going to switch from using the ACU scheme to MARPAT, with of course the US flag and unit patch on the shoulders.
    Has anyone else heard of this? It seems a little early for the Army to switch from ACUs to another cameo scheme so quickly..

I'll believe it when I see it. Wasting all that money to switch and now is going to switch again.

Quote Originally Posted by Finity01 View Post
    Greetings,
    I have a friend down in S. Korea with the army who told me a few weeks ago that the Army is going to switch from using the ACU scheme to MARPAT, with of course the US flag and unit patch on the shoulders.
    Has anyone else heard of this? It seems a little early for the Army to switch from ACUs to another cameo scheme so quickly..
    It's called MARPAT "MARINE Disruptive pattern" because it's the Marine Corps dig camo not the Army's.

Why don't they worry about spending money on new body armour or something more important.
    Last edited by DevilDogHopeful; 01-15-2007 at 11:33 PM.

I don't see that ever happening........Way to much pride.

Quote Originally Posted by Finity01 View Post
    Greetings,
    your friend is probably some dumb PV3 who was talking out of his ass (no offense)

Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma26 View Post
    your friend is probably some dumb PV3 who was talking out of his ass (no offense)
    Like that guy that was on here a while back...talking about all sorts of "new army things" that he wasn't at liberty to talk about? (they ended up being things that have been posted numerous times on numerous forums and even in the media)

The same guy who was working to develop the SCAR, saw a crappy rendering of one, then asked who was the photographer and what were the special new features pictured?

Quote Originally Posted by scrybe View Post
    The same guy who was working to develop the SCAR, saw a crappy rendering of one, then asked who was the photographer and what were the special new features pictured?
    Not that I know of but I did find the thread. He was talking about the Future Force Warrior camo and how it was so much better than ACU but he wasn't allowed to talk about it. It was multicam.
    http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...ad.php?t=93531

There's no ****in way I'm spending more money on uniforms. If the Army does this, I will be pissed.

Aint gonna happen.

For it to happen would mean the Army would have to admit it made a mistake, and that will not happen.
    Soldiers have been *****ing about the ACU and it's ineffectiveness as a "universal" coloration for all environments since its inception.
    Since everyone knows it sucks for any sort of camouflage, the leadership has done a 180 and now says that camouflage is outdated on the modern battlefield and the real reason for the ACU is easy soldier identification, reducing the "fog of war" and fratricide.

When you have a failed program, use failed reasoning to explain it as a success.

My unit wears ACU in garrison for uniformity, but BDU's in the field for camouflage and durability as the ACU fails horribly in the field.

About the ACU, MARPAT and other uniformy stuff: http://www.slate.com/id/2106359

Banned user

It would be reasonable as MarPat is so much better. Switching yes or not is ridiculous anyway as ACU is nothing but a sucker.

Btw, the owner of a local militaria shop keeps on saying to customers that the USMC is gradually switching to ACU. I guess he has too much ACU in stock or he's talking out of his ass.

Banned user

I would not believe the rumormill, but I see the FFW program testing multi-cam

I think this thread should be closed. It was started with bull**** second hand rumors and is now just a catalyst for ACU bashing

Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma26 View Post
    I think this thread should be closed. It was started with bull**** second hand rumors and is now just a catalyst for ACU bashing
    Doesn't that account for 99% of all the threads ever done about acu?