Page 7 of 201 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Official - Recruits Enlisting into the Military thread

Junior Member blackwatersociety's Avatar

but dont worry guys....boot is cake as long as you listen and keep your mouth shut. pay attention. and every night when you are laying in your rack at mcrd san diego and see the planes taking off from your window, you just keep telling yourself thats one more day , and do it all again the next day...trust me it will go by fast as soon as 1st phase is over i swear 2nd and 3rd went twice as fast.....good luck to all, and semper fi

Banned user

Which time of year is best for boot camp? (MCRD San Diego)

And about bunks, which is better, top or bottom?

Summer time is the best IMO. As for the bunk you don't choose.

lol okay, time to recheck into this thread. I've decided to change my branch from the army reserve to active marine corps. I've already signed a contract and have a ship date but a marine recuiter i talked to says he can probably accomidate my changes.
    Last edited by Heazy; 03-14-2007 at 11:53 PM. Reason: avoid death

Quickly change your spelling to "Corps" as opposed to "Core" before someone less understanding makes an attempt at your life over the internet.

Well I'll throw my hat in the ring (British Army though)! I've currently got 2 years more until I get my BA from college and have made up my mind to join the BA and get a commission after I graduate. I've had my "informal" interview and I've received a letter stating that they want a 2.5 hour formal interview to get me clued in on the Army, its values, regiments etc.

My question is about Regiments. Im Irish so I cant join every single one (obviously). At the moment, Im think Royal Irish (obvious reasons), Paras or Gurkhas. Does anyone have any experience with these Regs?! Thanks!

hey everyone just an update, signed my contract today. Basic at Benning in August and AIT at Bragg after that. Anyone else do basic at Benning?

I'm in the process of joining the ARNG.

I now have to choose an MOS, but not too sure on what I want to go with.

I don't want to go infantry but would like an MOS where I would have the potentional for some trigger time.

I was an ammo tech in the Marines.

Army National Guard is giving a 20k enlistment bonus for Combat Engineers right now. You've got a pretty good chance for trigger time there. Ask your local NG recruiter about the critical jobs for your state. Some jobs that are in high demand get large enlistment bonuses. I was going to do that when I was originally planning on going Guard.

Default Information request (USMC Security Forces/FAST)

ive searched google many times, there isnt much on the web about this MOS in the Marine Corps, and im anxious to read more about it.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...smc/mcsfbn.htm
    this link has had the most information in this job so far.

there aren't many pictures on this MOS either . does anyone have any information they'd be willing to Link ?

I had Marines who came to my squad from Security Forces and they were worthless. Glorifield firewatch IMO. No one really cared for them from my experience.

United States Marine Security Guard here

United States Marine Fleet Anti Security Team(FAST) here

I could be mistaken but I'm almost Security Guard is not an MOS. I believe they take people out of infantry or MP. I'm not sure, just speaking from what I remember so research it, talk to your recruiter. As far as FAST goes, kind of Marine HRT is what I would describe it as, again I'm not expert, just saying what I remember from when I was looking into the Marines.

edit: Before I forget, there are some pictures of a FAST team in Liberia in the Contemporary Military photos album on this site.

are you sure MCSF is the same thing as MSG ?

because MCSF is an actual MOS you have to pick, simular to MP and what not .

and the they take people out of infantry or MP, is embassy duty (i think)
    Last edited by Souk; 03-17-2007 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruledbyjames View Post
    Well I'll throw my hat in the ring (British Army though)! I've currently got 2 years more until I get my BA from college and have made up my mind to join the BA and get a commission after I graduate. I've had my "informal" interview and I've received a letter stating that they want a 2.5 hour formal interview to get me clued in on the Army, its values, regiments etc.

My question is about Regiments. Im Irish so I cant join every single one (obviously). At the moment, Im think Royal Irish (obvious reasons), Paras or Gurkhas. Does anyone have any experience with these Regs?! Thanks!
    They're all fine units, but in order to commission into either the Paras or Gurkhas, you will have to pass out of Sandhurst, top of the class.
    For a wider range of views, and the opportunity to speak to serving members of all three regiments, try www.arrse.co.uk the unofficial forum for The British Army.

I have about 2 and a half weeks until I ship off to Parris Island and I'm still motivated as hell about it. Just wondering if anyone had any last minute tips or advice before I head out.