Page 9 of 202 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Official - Recruits Enlisting into the Military thread

Make sure what the recruiter promise is WRITTEN in paper and signed.

crazybuck13

I'm 19 and currently majoring in Middle Eastern Studies with a minor in Arabic/Farsi proficiency. I'm interested in enlisting after graduation with either Army or Air Force.

I'm really interested in Army Rangers or the PJ/CCT units. I'd rather like to travel and experience some adventure while I'm young and then later settle down into a job that is easier on raising a family.

Just curious if there any Rangers or PJ's on these boards that would be willing to talk. I just spoke with a PJ recruiter the other day and I was able to get invited to a PJ tryout at the AFB. It's going to be one hell of a experience I bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel25:17 View Post
    Make sure what the recruiter promise is WRITTEN in paper and signed.

Very very important. The liason has a tendency to rush you through things when you're signing. Make sure you slow him down and read everything. EVERYTHING. It's your right, and there's no reason to rush for signing your life away for the next 8 years.

hey everybody,
    i am new now and i wanne say that this is a super site!

good for find it out!
    thank from my

everybody greets from private hardam

I've just got a quick question, any help or opinions would be greatly appreciated. I'm currently in college and enrolled in Army ROTC. I'll be graduating in 2 years and have aspirations to join Mortuary Affairs in the Quartermasters Corps. I'm studying Forensic Anthropology and I know that part of Mortuary Affairs recovers and identifies bodies from Vietnam, Korea, and WWI and WWII at CILHI. I'm just wondering if I have any hope to be able to get a position in such a small MOS?

I got another question. I'm 17 and plan on enlisting in the Marine Reserve in 3-4 months. I wanted to know if anyone could give me any insight as to what I do in the Delayed Entry Program and what I can do to prepare for it? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by GuLfCoAStKilla1 View Post
    I got another question. I'm 17 and plan on enlisting in the Marine Reserve in 3-4 months. I wanted to know if anyone could give me any insight as to what I do in the Delayed Entry Program and what I can do to prepare for it? Thank you.
    PT, PT, PT. Read up on leadership and the likes. IMO

Thanks I already do plenty of that but I can always do a little bit more.

**** you 20122. how goes does gaz type drunk? dricl. man Hellfish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vast_land View Post
    I've just got a quick question, any help or opinions would be greatly appreciated. I'm currently in college and enrolled in Army ROTC. I'll be graduating in 2 years and have aspirations to join Mortuary Affairs in the Quartermasters Corps. I'm studying Forensic Anthropology and I know that part of Mortuary Affairs recovers and identifies bodies from Vietnam, Korea, and WWI and WWII at CILHI. I'm just wondering if I have any hope to be able to get a position in such a small MOS?
    I don't think it'd be that hard - in a small MOS you've probably got more opportunities for doing new things. I can't imagine there are many MA guys out there, and there seems to be recovery teams operating at almost all times.

Quote Originally Posted by WARPIG View Post
    OK.. due to the several individual FNG threads asking advice about bootcamp, MEPS and going to see a recruiter.. I have started (another) FNG Q&A thread. If you are an aspiring new serviceman looking for advice, ask your questions here.

If you are a BTDT keep the advice short and sweet. Include your credentials or experience pertaining to the conversation. If you are just giving opinion based on what you "have heard" or saw on TV.. make that clear.

Keep the smartass or off topic crap off this thread.
    How about an FNGs girl? I do have a serious question for ya'al.. I am prior svc (Army '90, Ft. Dix NJ) but it has been so long ago that I cannot remember (and this is my question) 'What do you wish you had taken or had with you during training or extended deployment (comfort wise etc.)' I'm making a care package for my guy and need some suggestions. Thanks in advance, SSG

idiot savant with a ban stick

Quote Originally Posted by supersnipersgirl View Post
    How about an FNGs girl? I do have a serious question for ya'al.. I am prior svc (Army '90, Ft. Dix NJ) but it has been so long ago that I cannot remember (and this is my question) 'What do you wish you had taken or had with you during training or extended deployment (comfort wise etc.)' I'm making a care package for my guy and need some suggestions. Thanks in advance, SSG
    Photos. Big time.

As far as care packages.. everyone and everyplace is different. Sometimes just a package of coffee is a lifesaver when the area you are in has a shortage.. othertimes entertainement stuff like magazines, books, movies, video games.

Quote Originally Posted by WARPIG View Post
    Photos. Big time.

As far as care packages.. everyone and everyplace is different. Sometimes just a package of coffee is a lifesaver when the area you are in has a shortage.. othertimes entertainement stuff like magazines, books, movies, video games.
    I'm sending all 3 of Whitcmbs books, I have blockbusteronline so he can pick the movies he wants and just drop them in any mailbox to return them, I send pics from my phone cam (maybe i'll send more outdoor everyday pics too), how about funny stuff to share when he doesnt want to talk about anything? (I feel like im enlisted right along with him lol kinda knowin my role ya know). Do you, by chance know of any wives groups where I could vent and get a wives perspective? Or is there a 'betterhalf' secton here? So far, this is one of the best sites i've found. Very mature and knowledgable. thx

idiot savant with a ban stick

Quote Originally Posted by supersnipersgirl View Post
    I'm sending all 3 of Whitcmbs books, I have blockbusteronline so he can pick the movies he wants and just drop them in any mailbox to return them, I send pics from my phone cam (maybe i'll send more outdoor everyday pics too), how about funny stuff to share when he doesnt want to talk about anything? (I feel like im enlisted right along with him lol kinda knowin my role ya know). Do you, by chance know of any wives groups where I could vent and get a wives perspective? Or is there a 'betterhalf' secton here? So far, this is one of the best sites i've found. Very mature and knowledgable. thx
    Not much here for military wives. Although we have a few female members.. spouses are not strongly represented. Mostly soldiers, ex soldiers, and wanna be soldiers here.

I'd look into having him add you to his AKO account. Spouses should have unit support via the Family Readiness Group for his unit.

This being the start of his 3rd week of training I doubt it would be a good idea to ask him for a tissue right now lol and as we arent officially married yet I doubt I would be elegible for spousal support yet. But i will check the web site, there may be something there. It is a very exciting time in our lives and I look forward to... all of it. Any more suggestions on what ya'al wish you had please post them. And again, im glad to be here.

Hey guys, if any of ya are going 11x (like me) heres a great read on Inf. OSUT, helped me out a lot. https://www.infantry.army.mil/itb/A%...rnal/index.htm