1) Beret....mold it. Or swap it for a proper coloured one (see point 5 above )
2) Basha...see your muckers further back. String or bungee up the centre to shed the rain. There out to be two of you under there...lift it up a bit so your oppo can roll over and p!ss onto the ground and not you (yeah yeah yeah...latrines...we've all done it though)
3) Smock....see point 5 above for obtaining a decent smock through the system. Otherwise, stop wearing the hat smock like a hat. Undo the drawcords.
4) Webbing....if that's all your issued/supposed to have then fine. At least take the bungee off the ammo pouches, it stopps you getting mags in and out easily. Otherwise, pick up (read: laterally transfer) two utility pouches. You ought to have two waterbottles on you so that leaves two spare pouches, one for emergency rations/kit and one for med kit or other consumables (batteries, etc)
5) Addressed before....go get beasted by some true warriors and join the brotherhood!
Oh and some weirdos like me like the old jackets, whoever thought of making us wear hoodie smocks designed for Norway in a hot summer's training Darn Sarf?
Probably not passed weapon's handling......... for the cadet gp.
Mmm also, depending on what basha you have, but I think this will apply to you, Any bit of kit, body, **** touching your basha will get sodden if it rains. Making wee run-off channels is always something to do aswell if you know its going to rain. Or at least, it's a fun way to mong.
Hanging out of your mam's backdoors ya slaaaagggs!
OTC paid more? No way!
But TA is the way to go, really. Get your courses done faster, get a bounty and a deployable role too. More variety of people join too, so its not just full of students, which can make it better socially.