Page 3 of 176 FirstFirst 12345678910111353103 ... LastLast

Thread: DPM kit

Didn't mean to come across strong, but it's cos I'm 'passionate' about it all
    What are you in mate?
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by nuclearhand View Post
    I don't understand why people think that wearing a MOLLE rig and carrying an M4 with DPM makes it an authentic SF loadout.
    One of the things that never change...

Very few lads in the army wear kneepads. If they do it's under the 95 trousers - which should be quite baggy.
    Under the trousers? How does that work? You mean like the inline skaters?
    Well, i'm thrust you, but wondering cause it sounds not very practical, you know?!

Bill Hearst, looks like nice kit but it hangs off you. Tighten it up, get a SnugPak and wear that underneath.
    Well, a snugpak is a good idea, but it's too warm... i tryed it but it cut down my physical permormance cause it's too warm under the clothes - no way out for the warm air.

Honest, I'm not really a Pommie Git! Hydro's Avatar

No-one uses a ressie pouch unless there's a ressie in it, way too bouncy and bulky. More utility pouches or a Minimi pouch are way more common.

^^Maybe in real... but i've seen so many pics with lads and a ressi pouch on their webbing/vest - of course that's real ops, and they expected to use the ressis. But why should i drop the ressi pouch when she's in use with the troops?
    On the one hand i use it for the "look" - but on the other hand i never going to use a ressi, so i use the pouch to store other things i need in the game! Can't find something wrong with this...

Just saying, if the NBC state isn't raised, they don't get used because they're bloody annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydro View Post
    No-one uses a ressie pouch unless there's a ressie in it, way too bouncy and bulky. More utility pouches or a Minimi pouch are way more common.
    - repirator/gas mask bags can be used as bug-out bags. This is basically a bag you keep in the top of your bergen which has rations, survival/medical kit.
    If you ever have to get away in a hurry, you bin the main bergan, grab the bug-out-bag and f**k off.

Quote Originally Posted by oldsoak View Post
    - repirator/gas mask bags can be used as bug-out bags. This is basically a bag you keep in the top of your bergen which has rations, survival/medical kit.
    If you ever have to get away in a hurry, you bin the main bergan, grab the bug-out-bag and f**k off.

True, patrol packs can be used like that too, but I've never seen a ressie pouch on beltkit unless there's a raised NBC state. They seem to be generally shunned for general use due to size and bulkiness.

They're a bit too small for that really and the closure isn't good enough, a small daysack or (at a pinch) a spare side pouch is better. Bear in mind that ideally you need to fit your NVG, spare ammn, poss some scaley kit plus some rats and perhaps a goretex or bivi sheet depending on SOPs/role.

Hydro's correct about resi havesacks on belts - it's very cold war. The SOP these days (or last time I was at W-Gunner anyway) was that when necessary they were worn using the attached strap round the waist over the belt kit, which also has the advantage that they can be pulled round for access.

@hydro Agreed. Ressies are better worn on their strap. Easier to get to when needed rather that trying to get to it halfway round your back while the DS is counting ....seven..eight...nineaaah....youralldeadyouuselesslot !

The Ressi on the webbing belt is absolutely crap... like you guys said use the strap like a belt and it works.

Quote Originally Posted by SamHamam View Post
    They're a bit too small for that really and the closure isn't good enough, a small daysack or (at a pinch) a spare side pouch is better. Bear in mind that ideally you need to fit your NVG, spare ammn, poss some scaley kit plus some rats and perhaps a goretex or bivi sheet depending on SOPs/role.
    WOt ?! NVG's ? Never Visible Googles ? - cor, the Q must be in love with you lot. CWS - yes, but it stays on the weapon.
    I have in my ressie bug out ....
    Small 75cl waterbottle, bivi + bungees, tentpegs, 2 boil in bag meals, sweets, mini hexi burner, spare compass, KFS ( one of those all in one penknife jobs ), basic med kit, lighter, mossie lotion and small mess tin. Cam cream in the side pocket. lightsticks where the injectors go, Used to have miniflares - but as they count as pyro had to hand them in. Got a titchy shave kit + antiseptic wipes as well.
    bivi is not issue - its a lightwieght OD made by kathmandu and it packs up tiny !

WOt ?! NVG's ? Never Visible Googles ? - cor, the Q must be in love with you lot. CWS - yes, but it stays on the weapon.
    I have in my ressie bug out ....
    Small 75cl waterbottle, bivi + bungees, tentpegs, 2 boil in bag meals, sweets, mini hexi burner, spare compass, KFS ( one of those all in one penknife jobs ), basic med kit, lighter, mossie lotion and small mess tin. Cam cream in the side pocket. lightsticks where the injectors go, Used to have miniflares - but as they count as pyro had to hand them in. Got a titchy shave kit + antiseptic wipes as well.
    bivi is not issue - its a lightwieght OD made by kathmandu and it packs up tiny !
    No, these days it's Sophie and/or the monocular, at least these days you don't end up getting charged ridiculous for lossing the lens cap from the old cyclops.

There's no universally correct answer of course but most of the stuff you list is in my belt kit or smock. Grab bag for us is some extra rats, a warm top and perhaps a basha sheet and the mission critical kit ie nvg, other optics and scaley kit, if vehicle mounted I also keep maps that I'm not using in there.

Sophie is good - I've got to use it the grand total of once !

Feel good user title Digital Marine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMongoose View Post
    You still all stand like yanks:E
    How do 'yanks' stand?

Didn't know there was a typical 'Yank' stance...

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Marine View Post
    How do 'yanks' stand?

Didn't know there was a typical 'Yank' stance...
    That's because you're not British cloggie