Page 2 of 140 FirstFirst 123456789101252102 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 2098

Thread: Pictures of Singapore Armed Forces

  1. #16

    Default Part 6

    More pictures ( Left to Right ) TA-4SU Super Skyhawk (Based in France for advanced training) and the rest is all F-16C/D Block 52 Fighting Falcon fighters.
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

  2. #17
    Member equilibrium37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Toronto .. nah, theres no igloos up here.
    Posts
    284

    Default

    Nice pics SH .. thanks for posting.

    does anyone know why the RSAF'S F-16's, apaches, and chinooks are based in the US ?

  3. #18

    Default Part 7

    Pictures of other planes and Air Defence Weapons (In Singapore, ADW belongs to RSAF ( Left to Right ), CH-47 Chinook, AH-64D Longbow Apache (x3), Rapier SAM, RBS-70SAM, Mistral SAM, 35mm Oerlikon AAA with FCE, Igla SAM and I-Hawk Med-Range SAM.

  4. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by equilibrium37 View Post
    Nice pics SH .. thanks for posting.

    does anyone know why the RSAF'S F-16's, apaches, and chinooks are based in the US ?
    Hi Bro, thank you for your enquiry. Can i know where are you from? Well, not all RSAF's F-16, Apache and Chinook are based in US. Some are through listing programme with the US to provide a better training environment to allow Singapore Pilots to enhance the flight skill. Singapore is only a tiny Island so real air training is always a problem in our country. Thanks to countries like Australia (RSAF Basic Training Wing), France (RSAF Advanced Training Wing) and USA (Training programming attachment on F-16/Apache/Chinook), they provide us a better environment to train our pilots.

    Almost all of Singapore F-16 block 52 and Chinnok is already back in Singapore and Apache is coming in on batches.

  5. #20
    Senior Member LazerLordz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Singapore-Hawk View Post
    Hi Bro, thank you for your enquiry. Can i know where are you from? Well, not all RSAF's F-16, Apache and Chinook are based in US. Some are through listing programme with the US to provide a better training environment to allow Singapore Pilots to enhance the flight skill. Singapore is only a tiny Island so real air training is always a problem in our country. Thanks to countries like Australia (RSAF Basic Training Wing), France (RSAF Advanced Training Wing) and USA (Training programming attachment on F-16/Apache/Chinook), they provide us a better environment to train our pilots.

    Almost all of Singapore F-16 block 52 and Chinnok is already back in Singapore and Apache is coming in on batches.
    Just to add, our boys take part in Exercise Red Flag every year and NATO Flying School too. Some cadets are sent to West Point, Sandhurst, Annapolis and USAFA for their post OCS training.

    Let me dig up some old pics..

  6. #21

    Default Thank you

    Hi LazerLordz and Soutikghosh, thank you for your contribuion of pictures to make this thread more lively and an enjoyable thread to read and sharing of information. I sincerely welcome all Die-hard Singapore follower reader to contribute quality pictures to share. I myself cannot do it alone, hope that we can all contribute together. Thank you once again
    Last edited by Singapore-Hawk; 02-19-2007 at 05:10 AM.

  7. #22

    Default

    This is a webbie containing lots of pics of Singapore made Bionix infantry fighting vehicles and the variants. There are also pics on the Singapore made self propelled gun known as Primus.

    http://http://www.one35th.com/bionix/bi_gallery.htm

  8. #23
    Member gary1910's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    243

    Default Singapore 3G Army Revolution (NCW)

    Singapore 3G Army Revolution (NCW) illustration:


    Locally developed Containerised Command Post with some of the locally designed wireless secured battlefield network system inside.


    BX II with BMS, something similar to all other NCW platform like Primus SPH eventually in Leo 2 MBT:


    3G Army Infantry unit:






    Other equipment:

    Automous Unmanned Ground System(AUGS), mainly for RSTA and mine clearing.(Pix taken lionniosey)


    Multi-role Unmanned Ground Vehicle with a Matador LAW displayed recently in AA2006
    Last edited by gary1910; 02-20-2007 at 03:21 AM.

  9. #24
    Member gary1910's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    243

    Default SAF AMX-10 Marines variant

    Here some rare pictures of SAF AMX-10P Marines variant, the first 2 are AMX-10ICV25 and the last 2 is AMX-10PAC90.

    Pictures IIRC is taken by Laotiko and posted in MN forum.If I am wrong , pls give me a shout so I can correct it.
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

  10. #25
    Member gary1910's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fizzy123 View Post
    This is a webbie containing lots of pics of Singapore made Bionix infantry fighting vehicles and the variants. There are also pics on the Singapore made self propelled gun known as Primus.

    http://http://www.one35th.com/bionix/bi_gallery.htm
    Your link does not work, here the main page:

    http://www.one35th.com/

    There are lots of info and pixs of Bionix, Bronco ATTC , Combat Engineer Tractor, Terrex AV-81 8x8 IFV, Primus SPH and many more in SG Armor Galllery.

  11. #26
    Member Kopassus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    At one of our 17.504 islands
    Posts
    753

    Default

    Great pictures Hawk! How much FH2000s does Singapore have?
    Is Indonesia the only country which also uses the FH2000?
    How much do they have?

  12. #27
    Member gary1910's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kopassus View Post
    Great pictures Hawk! How much FH2000s does Singapore have?
    Is Indonesia the only country which also uses the FH2000?
    How much do they have?
    Let me answer this

    The number of FH2000 in SAF is at least 18 , some said 54, and about 52~54 FH88 (39cal version).

    As for TNI, I read from report that they have bought about 4~6 FH88, the 39cal version.

    Turkey is atm licensed producing the FH2000 by Mkek, which they called it as Panter, numbered to be at least 400 units.

    Likewise, Turkey Firtina SPH which is based on Korean K9 SPH will be using the SP variant of FH2000 gun, which will numbered at least 300 units.

    Anyway the above are what have been reported by other foreign reports, it could be more becos SG never report any arms sales.
    Last edited by gary1910; 02-20-2007 at 12:48 PM.

  13. #28
    Senior Member soutikghosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    2,006

    Default F-60-mpa





  14. #29

    Default Part 8

    Thank you bros out there to contribute your pictures to keep this thread going and enhanced our knowledges. Now let's move on to the man in white in our services; (Left to right) Formidable Stealth Frigate (x2), Victory Class Missile Corvettes, Missile Gun Boat, Mines Counter Measure (x2), Landing Ship Tank (x2), Sjoormen Class Submarines and soon to arrive (In Swedish Flag) from Sweden, the refurbished Vasterfotland Class Submarines.
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

  15. #30

    Default Part 9

    Pictures of the Navy Small Boats and weapons (Left to Right), Fast Attack Boats, Craft, Barak SAMs (x2), Harpoon SSMs, Gabriel SSMs (x2), Mistral SAMs, Whitehead Torpedoes and OTO Melara AA/AS Super Rapid Gun.
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •