Page 3 of 142 FirstFirst 12345678910111353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Pictures of Singapore Armed Forces

Default Any more pictures?

Can anyone supply any pictures of the 2 types of Patrol Craft in our Navy (3 for Patrol and 5 armed with Torpedoes type? ). Any pictures of any Singapore of the 3 services is also welcome to post here. Thank you.

Default Singapore Leopard 2 MBT

As mentioned before in another thread, Singapore is purchasing 66 refurbished German Leopard 2 MBT from German Army and another 30 spare tanks. Can anyone have any info on the new pictures of the Singapore tanks from any sources on how it looks like? Can anyone come out with the comparison of Leopard 2 MBT vs our neighbouring Tanks from Malaysia, Indonesia and Thailand?

I have only got the picture of German Leopard 2 MBT. Hope that someone can contribute some pictures of the tank in Singapore colours (Hope that it is already roll out while in training at Germany).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	leop113.jpg 
Views:	1147 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	22940  

Banned user

Great photos.

How do they keep the F-50 MPA flying when Fokker has been out of business for several years?

Are there plans to upgrade the Maritime Patrol Platform in the near future?

The RSN took part in Exercise Sea Sabre in the Arabian Sea,

and this article interestingly calls our RSS Endurance, an assault ship.

Link

"Last month the Australian frigate HMAS Melbourne (05) took part in the latest of a series of PSI exercises to be held around the world. Melbourne was reinforced by a RAAF P-3C Maritime Patrol Aircraft detachment also deployed to the Middle East. They were taking part in the US-led exercise Sea Sabre in the Arabian Sea, not far from Iran and Pakistan. A defence ministry statement explained that the exercise scenario involved the Australian forces in the "collection, analysis and integration of intelligence and operational resources to support the detection, location and interception of a merchant vessel suspected of carrying Weapons of Mass Destruction-related equipment."

The Republic of Singapore Navy assault ship RSS Endurance (LST 207) worked closely with the Spanish frigate SPS Victoria (F82) during Sea Sabre. Members of Spain's 19th Special Forces Unit went aboard the Endurance during one phase of the exercise. Endurance played a compliant and non-compliant target vessel for boarding teams from Spain and other countries.

The Arabian Sea exercise was the first of six PSI exercises planned world-wide this year. The others are scheduled to be:

* An Italian-led air interception exercise in the Mediterranean.
    * A German-led customs exercise.
    * An Italian-led maritime interdiction exercise in Mediterranean.
    * A ground interdiction exercise led by Poland.
    * An air interdiction exercise led by the France.

Where Australia cannot commit units, then she will send observers."

Default Ndp 2005

I think that was the last major Mobile Column featuring more than 200 tanks, cars, trucks and officers from the army, police and civil defence in our NDP, pixs below were taken during rehearsals:

ST Engg's Bionix 40/50 IFV( Picture taken by Laplace of Military Nuts)

ST Engg's Primus SPH ( Pictute taken by webmaster of http://alert5.com

M60AVLB( Picture taken by Laplace of Military Nuts)

Locally upgraded AMX-13SM1 with crew resting on the turret
    ( Picture taken by LaserLordz of Military Nuts)

Locally upgraded M113A2 Ultra 40/50 APC( Picture taken by LaserLordz of Military Nuts)

Vehicle Launched Bridge (VLB)( Picture taken by Laplace of Military Nuts)

The convoy!!!( Picture taken by LaserLordz of Military Nuts)
    A landrover, M60 CEV, AMX-13SM1 LT, Bionix 25 IFV , and I think Bronco ATTC

Below are aerial view of NDP vehicles from a overheadbridge, pixs by lionnoisy from SGforum:

TPQ-36 Artillery locating radar

Arthur Artillery locating radar

ST Engg's Bronco ATTC Cargo version

ST Engg'sBronco ATTC most probably troop carrier version

ST Engg's FH-2000 155/52 towed gun

ST Engg's Primus 155/39mm SPH

Combat Engineer Tractor

BV-206 cargo version

Spike ATGM with crew on landrover

I've heard that the Singapore have a lot of problems about the weapone developing since many arsnel said Singapore was copyijg their weapon designs ,is it real ??

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar panzer View Post
    I've heard that the Singapore have a lot of problems about the weapone developing since many arsnel said Singapore was copyijg their weapon designs ,is it real ??

everybody more or less copy from each other as long as it is not to much of the same thing i guess it is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Singapore-Hawk View Post
    Can anyone supply any pictures of the 2 types of Patrol Craft in our Navy (3 for Patrol and 5 armed with Torpedoes type? ). Any pictures of any Singapore of the 3 services is also welcome to post here. Thank you.
    Fisrt thing , RSN has 12 Fearless PC initially, one was damaged beyond repair which means 6 gun armed PCs and 5 ASW PCs.

Here the gun armed version during NDP 2005:

Default Victory class MCV

Default Lansort class MCMV

Default Formindable Class stealth FFG

Default Endurance Class LST

Default Challenger Class( modernised Sjoormen) SSK

I dun remeber who uploaded this, the one taken them , please give me a shout so I could give credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar panzer View Post
    Not true, copying of concept and copying of design is 2 different thing, otherwise they will be sued.

I heard a rumour that Swedish company wanted to sue STK for copying BV206 when they pushed out the Bronco ATTC, but they soon dropped the case when the Swede realised that the articulated system are totally different design.

Default Thank you

Hi Gary,

Thank you for your many interesting post and really appreciated that. Are you an ex-SAF personnel or it is just part of your personnel hobbies?

Cheers