Page 5 of 142 FirstFirst 123456789101112131555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Pictures of Singapore Armed Forces

has anyone seen a fokker with harpoons under its wings?

Quote Originally Posted by chillycraps View Post
    has anyone seen a fokker with harpoons under its wings?
    Look at page 2 of this thread where LazerLordz has posted a pix of a Fokker 50 MPA with a missile looking like the AGM-84 Harpoon.

Here one more larger pix:

Last edited by gary1910; 02-24-2007 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordie View Post
    Great photos.

How do they keep the F-50 MPA flying when Fokker has been out of business for several years?

Are there plans to upgrade the Maritime Patrol Platform in the near future?
    There is a company called Fokker Services which provide maintenance, spares support etc for all users of Fokker a/c, in fact the regional branch for asia is in SG.

http://www.stork.com/page.html?id=5674

Even if there is a plan for upgrade, it wil not be announced officially, but there is a plan for E-2C replacement or perhaps complememt them which probably based on Israeli Eitam using Gulfstream G550 a/c.

Damn! This thread got bigger the last time I visited. All RSAF guys! Do you know LTC(I think) Chandra Shaker? Has he retired? He's my father old classmate.

Default EC120B, RSAF new Helicopter trainer

Welcome, EC120B!

Report by Terence Lim
    Photos by Roy Lim

Do you remember the time when you first swapped your film camera for a handy digital one?

You were probably filled with anticipation and worried of the consequences if you pressed a button wrongly and spoilt your new toy.

Lieutenant (LTA) Alvin Chow, a trainee pilot from 124 Squadron (124 SQN), fully understands such sentiments.

He was among the first batch of trainees to fly the new EC120Bs, which were inaugurated in a ceremony held at Seletar Air Base on 26 Jan.

"It took us some time to get used to the EC120B, because it was something different," said LTA Chow.

"But it should be easy for the new generation of pilots to get accustomed to it."

Unlike its predecessor, the AS550 Fennec, the new platform boasts a glass cockpit environment and instead of steam gauges, all the information that the pilot needs can be found on a digital screen.

The Fennec was drawn down last December after 14 years of service in the Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF)..............

Chief of Air Force BG Ng Chee Khern (centre) unveils the RSAF logo on an EC120B at the inauguration ceremony, while COL Lim Chye Poh (left) and LTC Lee Hock look on.

LTC Lee and his fleet of new EC120B trainer helicopters

http://www.mindef.gov.sg/imindef/pub...eb07_news.html

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by gary1910 View Post
    Then why dun they sue STK?

Afterall I am sure the articulated system in BV206 must be patented, they did not becos they know that they will lose!

As I said , I heard they did not becos they realised the articulated system are different in design.
    How's that? It's clear for everyone to see that it's just another one in the line of copied BV models. Especially Asian countries are infamous for copying products under the protection of the inaptness of their judiciary systems.

"Innovate, don't imitate"

But what do I care really as Hägglunds is owned by BAE.
    Last edited by Thor; 02-25-2007 at 04:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    How's that? It's clear for everyone to see that it's just another one in the line of copied BV models. Especially Asian countries are infamous for copying products under the protection of the inaptness of their judiciary systems.

"Innovate, don't imitate"

But what do I care really as Hägglunds is owned by BAE.
    You dunno what the hell you are talking abt , if the patent is filed say in US, you could sue them in US!

Afterall, articulated vehicles is not something new, there are many other design as well and many patents filed , even for tracked vehicle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Articulated_vehicle

Enough said.
    Last edited by gary1910; 02-25-2007 at 05:00 AM.

Look at page 2 of this thread where LazerLordz has posted a pix of a Fokker 50 MPA with a missile looking like the AGM-84 Harpoon.

Here one more larger pix:

oopz, my bad. Looks like they added the extra wing and pylon for the harpoon. Kind of wasted IF the MPA is not armed.

thanks for sharing gary1910!

You dunno what the hell you are talking abt , if the patent is filed say in US, you could sue them in US!

Afterall, articulated vehicles is not something new, there are many other design as well and many patents filed , even for tracked vehicle.

Enough said.
    Well guys, cool down. This is just a thread to showcase SAF weapon's to the world, be nice ok? Thor, don't start a war here and blame all Asian countries. You are doing a damage here in your own name. Stay cool and peace.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by gary1910
    And if you believe that this part of international law is centered around US patents you're the one who don't know what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by gary1910

Enough said.
    I doesn't matter what you post, you will have a hard time making anyone believe that you first order a few hundred BV and then, without even looking at them, at Singaporian company come up with the same design out of the blue.

But it's nothing new. More than 11,000 BV have been sold to some 40 countries and a number of countries have copied the design.

And like I said, I don't really care and see no reason to waste my time here. Especially not since Hägglunds nowadays is owned by BAE. Most likely they came to the same conclusion and couldn't care less about copycats and a 40 year old design.

Default Hijack Pictures from Lim

Sorry Lim, saw your webpage http://lynx7725.multiply.com/photos/album/10 and really like your pictures from NDP 2005. Sorry that i hijack your pictures and post here. Picture from Left to Right; M728, AVLB, Bionex AVLB, V200 with RBS70SAM (x2), M113 Ultra IFV with Igla SAMs, Rapier SAM and I-Hawk SAM.

my small collection....

Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

can i post some police pic??
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

Quote Originally Posted by Singapore-Hawk View Post
    Sorry Lim, saw your webpage http://lynx7725.multiply.com/photos/album/10 and really like your pictures from NDP 2005. Sorry that i hijack your pictures and post here. Picture from Left to Right; M728, AVLB, Bionex AVLB, V200 with RBS70SAM (x2), M113 Ultra IFV with Igla SAMs, Rapier SAM and I-Hawk SAM.
    Actually I was delaying in posting some this equipment where they cam't be found anywhere else.

The one below is the AMX-13SM1 Launched Bridge, which started development in the late 80s and introduced into SAF in the early 90s and only recently revealed to the public.

This Bionix AVLB maybe replacing them soon as the SM1 will be retired in the near future.

And of course the Bionix ARV