Page 75 of 184 FirstFirst ... 2565676869707172737475767778798081828385125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 2746

Thread: Falklands 30

Banned user

In this war, given the tyranny of time, distance and will, there were no underdogs. Only ordinary men who did the extrodinary in an unordinary situations.

Quote Originally Posted by matthew.manhorn View Post
    Yes but you've got to give credit to the underdog who didn't use ANY fancy technology but pure skills. Remember, compared to Britain, Argentina hadn't been in war for almost 100+ years
    Most Argentine military technology was on a par with that of the UK forces. Some (like their Type 42 destroyers) had actually been purchased from Britain.

Quote Originally Posted by PRGH View Post
    It was a bit different the last time I was there.

Wanted to go back at the anniversary but couldn't get sponsorship from the MOD - They were quick enough to send me when the **** was flying!
    Dear PRGH: ¿The fourth man (camuflad jacket) is Jeremy Moore?

Oscar

Quote Originally Posted by matthew.manhorn View Post
    Yes but you've got to give credit to the underdog who didn't use ANY fancy technology but pure skills. Remember, compared to Britain, Argentina hadn't been in war for almost 100+ years
    Given that fact that Argentina had been waging a dirty war in its own lands from the early 1970 and it boarder war with Chile I would have to say that they did have the relevant skills to take on a war with the UK they also tried a little skirmish back in 1976 when an Argentina Airliner was hijacked and landed on the island’s a good friend of mine was with the 8901 garrison back then; he commanded the team that disarmed the aircraft and hijackers. As for weapons they had as good as ours maybe better in some cases, not good air cover thanks to some very well planed attacks but the Argentine Pilots were very capable. What let their men down was leadership from above and the fact they under estimated the UK Response. As for the UK Forces we had not been in a major conflict since Suzie and Cyprus back in the late 50 and early 60, you cannot compare Northern Ireland with the Falklands War totally different stagies. I like some on this threat can speak from experience as I was in Northern Ireland on a 2 year tour of duty and down here in 82.

Default Tony Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by oscarteves View Post
    Dear PRGH: ¿The fourth man (camuflad jacket) is Jeremy Moore?
    Oscar
    hi Oscar, i think it is, Brigadier Tony Wilson

http://www.britains-smallwars.com/Fa...Tumbledown.htm

1, Picture is the weapons dump on the road up to Stanley Airfield it stayed like well I left 17/12/82 and it was still like this then so I don’t know how long
    2, Picture of the Sheep Shed @ Fitzroy I always think this is a most beautiful picture “strange”
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

Quote Originally Posted by herb401 View Post
    1, Picture is the weapons dump on the road up to Stanley Airfield it stayed like well I left 17/12/82 and it was still like this then so I don’t know how long
    2, Picture of the Sheep Shed @ Fitzroy I always think this is a most beautiful picture “strange”
    I agree that the "sheep shed" picture is strangely beautiful and mysterious.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmytx3 View Post
    hi Oscar, i think it is, Brigadier Tony Wilson

http://www.britains-smallwars.com/Fa...Tumbledown.htm
    Thank you.

Oscar

Argentine Special Forces. 601 Commando company preparing a mission

Special Forces in rest. 602 Commando Company. The man who touches the guitar is the Sergeant Mario "Dog" Cisnero. He dies fighting against forces of the SAS of the British Army, in Two Sisters Mountain

Officers of 601 Commando Company in a rest

An officer of 601 Commando Company, With objects of personal bathroom captured to the British parachutists of the regiment 3 in the murrell bridge.

A first lieutenant of the 601 Commando Company.

A Sergeant assistant of the 602 Commando Company.

Major Aldo Rico, chief of the 602 Commando Company.

Officers of the 602 Commando Company with a priest. The official of the right, with moustache, seriously wounded in Two Sisters Mountain in combat against the Special Air Service.

A captain of the 601 Commando Company.

Colonel Horacio Losito. Official of the 602 Commando Company. Hurt seriously in the combat of Top Malo House. Hero of Falklands. Humiliated, imprisoned and handcuffed for unjust reasons of the human rights. Victimizes of the perverse communism of my country.

Default Very good Pictures

These are most enjoyable pictures. The picture showing the green badge with the black eagle, I have one of these it was taken from a man who was a POW up at Stanley airfield and given to me. I never new who or what regiment he was from, the good news is that he went home, a lot did not.

Brave men all on both sides.

the green badge with the black eagle, is of the military police.Thanks and regards.

Dividing my time between the far east and the east coast.

^Thanks Jimmy!

Great pics everyone.

ARA - Argentina`s Navy personnel loading AM39 Exocet.

Comandos Anfibios - Amphibious Commandos (Marines SF) preparing aboard ARA Santisima Trinidad.

Abril 2nd 1982.

British artillery.

HMS Yarmouth post attack.

Flowers left in the Malvinas Memorial - Buenos Aires. "To all the fallen men - From british people".
    Last edited by Charly84; 08-02-2008 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Spelling corrections

Quote Originally Posted by Charly84 View Post

For me this is the best picture in all the whole thread.

Cya.

wow that looks like a big hole...

anyone know what hit her??

Are you sure this is Yarmouth???....