Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1/5 Marines in Ramadi

Default 1/5 Marines in Ramadi

1/5 Marines in Ramadi. Taking sniper and small arms fire from buldings across street and down "flanndawg". Marine squad split up on two roofs. Video edited for content and time restraints.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b83_1173818870

Damn. Not often you see someone getting taken down. Looked like it was just someone driving buy the wrong place at the wrong time though.

Quote Originally Posted by scrybe View Post
    Damn. Not often you see someone getting taken down. Looked like it was just someone driving buy the wrong place at the wrong time though.
    Yeah looking at it again that could have been the case.. maybe not. As people say all the time.. we don't know as we weren't there.

EDIT: This thread is probably gonna be locked now.

Yeah, I'm not sure if those people were civilians or not...

EDIT: True DevilDog, and apparently you can see a rifle on the ground next to one them.
    Last edited by pirate; 03-13-2007 at 06:43 PM. Reason: new information

Quote Originally Posted by pirate View Post
    Yeah, I'm not sure if those people were civilians or not...

EDIT: True DevilDog, and apparently you can see a rifle on the ground next to one them.

Maybe when everything was clam and collect they found weapons in the car? It does look like he had an AK beside him though.. not sure.

This thread is gonna turn into a **** storm in no time..

from the footage it seems that they took a sniper shot and returned fire down that street across from them.

wouldnt want to be those guys in the cars that showed up at the end, ouch.....

Quote Originally Posted by snoddy View Post
    from the footage it seems that they took a sniper shot and returned fire down that street across from them.

wouldnt want to be those guys in the cars that showed up at the end, ouch.....
    Is it weird that two cars show up side by side in the middle of a firefight?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDogHopeful View Post
    As people say all the time.. we don't know as we weren't there.
    Bingo. I will never cast judgement from a single choppy video.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDogHopeful View Post
    weird things like that have happened, i dunno....
    wrong place wrong time....

The marines are firing directly across a road. Roads are things that people drive cars on....so ,no it's not weird that two cars show up. Unfortunately this clip has far too many unanswered questions hanging over it and too many of the hallmarks of potential prosecution evidence for a bad shoot on the vehicles to make for much lighthearted comment.

Quote Originally Posted by bersaglieri View Post
    The marines are firing directly across a road. [*******black]Roads are things that people drive cars on[/COLOR]....so ,no it's not weird that two cars show up. Unfortunately this clip has far too many unanswered questions hanging over it and too many of the hallmarks of potential prosecution evidence for a bad shoot on the vehicles to make for much lighthearted comment.
    I'm well aware of that, but this isn't just any road.. it's a road in Iraq that has a firefight going on right across from it. Those two cars drove right in the thick of it. If they are civvies that's sad as they may have had nothing to do with it but as snoddy said.. they were at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Quote Originally Posted by bersaglieri View Post
    The marines are firing directly across a road. Roads are things that people drive cars on....so ,no it's not weird that two cars show up.
    honestly now, i guess this is one of those "been there done that" times...
    noise travels esp. gunshots, as a gunner most cars didnt stop 200m away because i was waving my rifle, most of them did dont get me wrong, but its that crack through that air that they heard that made them put 2 and 2 together.... they probally thought they could just drive through it.... like i said weirder things have happened....

Quote Originally Posted by scrybe View Post
    Wait a seocnd here....

First of all, these cars drive RIGHT IN TO THE FIGHTING. Secondly, they are given the order to fire so we cant see if that guy was shooting from the car or what. It seems like they knew the car and thought it was threat.

From the alleged camera man:
    I shot the video! The white car had 4-5 males with 3 AK's and 1 RPG left on the floor board. The other cars were trying to make their way up the street to the house at the end so they could become a get away car. We had proir knowledge of their arrival from a relay from the "eye in the sky". Notice how no chicks, kids or spectators are there!
    Last edited by Dronetek; 03-13-2007 at 08:31 PM.

I'm not concluding anything.

To me, it looked like two cars in the wrong place at the wrong time, which if true, is extremely unfortunate.

If they were cars full of AKs and Artillery shells, I hope they all got taken out.

The bottom line is that I'm not going to declare it was one way or the other from a single choppy video.

It'd be interesting to know when that was from. During the first wave of fighting in Ramadi, about the same time the **** started in Fallujah, the enemy used taxi's, ambulances, the famous white pick ups, anything that drove to pull right up to the fight and drop off or pick up their bros. Nothing strange at all about this video. Pretty much par for the course countrywide since day one.
    Sometimes, the enemy doesn't employ the stellar tactics that mp.net forum members would.