Thread: Malaysian Armed Forces Pictures

Nah it's different. I just checked but it's still a scorpion. Any connection?

Quote Originally Posted by mr. kurien View Post
    what i know about this badge is my father use to wear it. his camp is stationed at Tebrau Johor, Kem Penggawa Timur if i not mistaken. if UiTM Johor use this badge that means the batalion there is still using this badge. maybe someone can correct me if i'm wrong.
    actually this scorpion badge for the army southern brigade(forgot which brigade)..n all army unit in Johor using this scorpion badge...if i'm not mistaken

Quote Originally Posted by WiraBengis View Post

maybe there is some connections but which part i don't know. i think the scorpion badge represent the 7th KOMP. if not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by tango87 View Post
    actually this scorpion badge for the army southern brigade(forgot which brigade)..n all army unit in Johor using this scorpion badge...if i'm not mistaken
    Owh. Thanks for the information. That's something new to me!

don't forget to say TUN. he's a TUN KANANG now.
    wait, when did Kanang got the title Tun???...damn, i missed my train n i didn't knowthat our country hero got Tun now....

absolutely correct. Sg. Buloh Camp is 132th KOMP, i think it is 7th KOMP stationed at Johor. correct me if i'm wrong.

wait, when did Kanang got the title Tun???...damn, i missed my train n i didn't knowthat our country hero got Tun now....
    Sometime early this year if not mistaken. I saw an article about it in the newspaper.

terrorist sympathiser

scorpion were the 7th Bde symbol

from the picture
    7th bde,
    Mounted Ceremonial Squadron, Royal Armored Corps (have to check first)
    8th bde
    3rd bde
    2nd bde
    Army HQ (have to check too)
    2nd Division HQ
    6th bde
    RAMD Regt
    4 Mech
    Last edited by ggk; 12-18-2008 at 12:36 PM. Reason: badge tu bercampur campur list atas ikut turutan gambar badge

scorpion batch is designated for the 7th brigade southern sector

i don't know when, but same as wirabengis i do read it from somewhere and it says TUN KANANG ANAK LANGKAU. and for more infos, he is the ONLY ONE LIVING RECIPIENT who get the SRI PAHLAWAN GAGAH PERKASA medal. true Malaysian heroes

Quote Originally Posted by WiraBengis View Post

no connection at all. coz kesatria UiTM was never a designated by the armed forces of malaysia as an integral part of HANRUH (Pertahanan Menyeluruh) ie. 'Total Defence' nor they fall under the juriprudence of the Military Act 1972 (Undang2 Angkatan Tentera 1972).

Kesatria UiTM was borne under co-curcular activity of a higher learning institution.
    my 2 cent

MAF badges pt. 2
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

i don't know when, but same as wirabengis i do read it from somewhere and it says TUN KANANG ANAK LANGKAU. and for more infos, he is the ONLY ONE LIVING RECIPIENT who get the SRI PAHLAWAN GAGAH PERKASA medal. true Malaysian heroes
    to the personnel of MAF, Encik Kanang (any old soldier would prefer to be refer to his last rank, thou retired) he was well know for his PGB (Panglima Gagah Berani).

But Encik Kanang, was indeed the only surviving (still alive) recipient of both (armed force medal) PGB Panglima Gagah Berani & (Federal Medal: not inclusive to the armed force) Seri Pahlawan Gagah Perkasa.

tq for the info mr kurien

Quote Originally Posted by aebon View Post
    to the personnel of MAF, Encik Kanang (any old soldier would prefer to be refer to his last rank, thou retired) he was well know for his PGB (Panglima Gagah Berani).

But Encik Kanang, was indeed the only surviving (still alive) recipient of both (armed force medal) PGB Panglima Gagah Berani & (Federal Medal: not inclusive to the armed force) Seri Pahlawan Gagah Perkasa.

tq for the info mr kurien
    u are welcome my bro.

terrorist sympathiser

MAF badges pt. 2
    GAPU (kena check)
    Rejimen Gerak Khas (RGK Garrison)
    RAMD Officers
    RAMD Cap Badge