Page 749 of 760 FirstFirst ... 249649699739741742743744745746747748749750751752753754755756757759 ... LastLast
Results 11,221 to 11,235 of 11399

Thread: Malaysian Armed Forces Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by akmal_3110 View Post
    Fully armed pic only in Irkutsk. Until today not a single pic has been shown that the MKM are fully armed in Malaysia. Just some unguided bomb and unguided rockets fired from a few exercise. But yes the weapons are here.
    Do we have any info on whether weapons are here or what weapons were purchased?

I've read AA-10, -11 and -12 (MiG-29N already has these) and Kh-31 cruise missiles are "likely" purchased, and we've seen the OFAB bombs and UB32 rocket pods. How about Brahmos or Western weapons for the Damocles? How many Damocles pods do we have?
    Last edited by hmmwvj; 05-11-2012 at 04:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hmmwvj View Post
    Going by the age and number of these obelisks, I think I've found what I was looking for. My uncle told me when worked at an engineering firm a long time ago, Mindef had him design a number of these markers, one for each of our rocks. They were shipped out to the Spratlys then placed on the rocks by Nuri. After the markers were delivered, an officer came back with a request for another copy. He said a marker had been placed on a Filipino island by mistake and the Filipinos had blown it up. I never thought I'd chance upon the pictures so soon after hearing about them.
    Sadly to said, those stone are not mistakenly placed, its because we came first, but who cares, its only a stone, the Filipino navy is a little bit advance from ours, coz they got a left over WWII vessel from the US ( sadly till now ), same goes to some of the rock been taken by the Vietnam tooo.... yup... **** happens.......

Quote Originally Posted by dewafrost View Post
    Sadly to said, those stone are not mistakenly placed, its because we came first, but who cares, its only a stone, the Filipino navy is a little bit advance from ours, coz they got a left over WWII vessel from the US ( sadly till now ), same goes to some of the rock been taken by the Vietnam tooo.... yup... **** happens.......
    I'm not just saying it happened, it's what the officer told him when he ordered a replacement. It wouldn't be an outrageous mistake especially flying visually without GPS back then. Some of these uninhabited rocks are metres apart and their appearance can change with the tides. Some get completely submerged.

It's not like we backed down when the Filipinos came with a bigger ship than ours. Maybe the spot was so remote that no one would know until the next day's patrol.

hi
    just want to ask ur permission to paste it in my blog. THX

terrorist sympathiser

i think we did blow up someone else stone markers too ... dont remember which nation

Philippines is not the elephant in the room anymore.

terrorist sympathiser

brutal truck... just look at the snorkel damn

terrorist sympathiser

Royal malaysian navy video

What's the name of the TV3 chick who does all the military and police features in Malaysia?

Am I correct on the language of the Navy being English and that of the Army being Malay?

Find it strange the Denel LCT3 30mm turret looks identical to the Sharpshooter 25mm turret... in a report that has a detailed description of the turret.

render

model

The AV-8 will be manufactured by DEFTECH in Malaysia, based on the FNSS-designed PARS 8x8 multi-purpose, multi-mission, wheeled armored vehicle. The AV8 will be redesigned by FNSS and DEFTECH engineers specifically to meet the requirements of the Malaysian army.

The AV8 is armed with a South African Denel turret. The Denel LCT30 turret for the AV8 is fitted with a 30mm gun and a co-axial gun. The huge spent 30mm cartridge will be ejected from an opening next to the gun barrel. One Ingwe box missile launchers can also be fitted to each side of the turret.

The French Defense Company Thales is in charge for the integration of all c4ISR systems for the Malaysian AV-8. Thale's high-level expertise in C4ISR systems for land forces will provide the AV8 project with an integrated and scalable vehicle electronic architecture system including a wide range of new-generation equipment (communications, vectronics, sensors, command & control, mortar, optronics, etc.) to meet the rigorous operational performance criteria of the Malaysian Army.

In order to manage this program in close cooperation with DEFTECH, Thales relies on its local presence through Thales Malaysia Sdn Bhd strengthens its local footprint thanks to its Malaysian joint-venture, Sapura Thales Electronics (STE), who will supply the complete HF and VHF radio communications system for the 257 vehicles.

***.com/dsa_2012_defense_exhibition_malaysia_news/deftech_fnss_denel_and_thales_present_the_new_wheeled_combat_vehicle_av8_of_malaysian_army_2004121.html

Malaysian army land forces demonstration DSA 2012 Defense Services Asia exhibition Malaysia Kuala Lumpur

A Malaysian army soldier breaks tiles with his head during a demonstration at the 13th Defence Services Asia Exhibition and Conference in Kuala Lumpur

KUALA LUMPUR -The Government signed contracts worth RM357.2 million for the Armed Forces at the Defence Services Asia 2012 exhibition this morning.

Four of the contracts worth RM250.8 million are for the supply of ammunition, rocket-propelled grenades, disposable light anti-tank weapons and grenade discharges for the Malaysian Army.

The other contract is for the supply of 35 RW-AE medium range missiles worth RM106.4 million for the Royal Malaysian Air Force's Sukhoi Su-30MKM multi-role combat aircraft.
    Last edited by hmmwvj; 05-12-2012 at 02:38 PM.

Do we have any info on whether weapons are here or what weapons were purchased?

I've read AA-10, -11 and -12 (MiG-29N already has these) and Kh-31 cruise missiles are "likely" purchased, and we've seen the OFAB bombs and UB32 rocket pods. How about Brahmos or Western weapons for the Damocles? How many Damocles pods do we have?
    No we didn't purchased any Brahmos or Western weapons for the MKM. Not sure how many Damocles we have.

terrorist sympathiser

What's the name of the TV3 chick who does all the military and police features in Malaysia?
    nurul syuhada

Default Finally a view of hardened aircraft shelters in Gong Kedak

Found after ggk made the above post.