Page 749 of 761 FirstFirst ... 249649699739741742743744745746747748749750751752753754755756757759 ... LastLast
Results 11,221 to 11,235 of 11402

Thread: Malaysian Armed Forces Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by ggk View Post

More pics of the Muzium's Alouette...

And of the good one.

Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval
    Last edited by hmmwvj; 05-05-2012 at 01:25 PM.

May I ask if you know anything about the history of this marker / monument, esp when it was installed? How old is the pic and do you have its source?

Quote Originally Posted by hotel kilo View Post
    Old PASKAL pix Mostly at Spratlys Islands. Credit goes to Ridzuan Salim.

Source is as stated. Its been sometime since I posted so I can't really recall. If I had to guess photos would be from early to mid 80s

Quote Originally Posted by hotel kilo View Post
    Source is as stated. Its been sometime since I posted so I can't really recall. If I had to guess photos would be from early to mid 80s
    Going by the age and number of these obelisks, I think I've found what I was looking for. My uncle told me when worked at an engineering firm a long time ago, Mindef had him design a number of these markers, one for each of our rocks. They were shipped out to the Spratlys then placed on the rocks by Nuri. After the markers were delivered, an officer came back with a request for another copy. He said a marker had been placed on a Filipino island by mistake and the Filipinos had blown it up. I never thought I'd chance upon the pictures so soon after hearing about them.

terrorist sympathiser

i love the Laksamana Class.. they are like swiss army knife

Just give it a variable depth sonar and it would be perfect. Actually more Malaysian vessels could use one. RMN won't have one until the Gowind LCS, right?

Default US Army map / glossary of British and Dutch Borneo, 1944

off eBay credits to 692zdt

Last edited by hmmwvj; 05-11-2012 at 03:54 AM.

Default History Channel Asia - Al-Ma'unah : The Malaysian Arms Heist

Includes an interview with the former Panglima Medan Jen Zaini.

Quote Originally Posted by akmal_3110 View Post
    Fully armed pic only in Irkutsk. Until today not a single pic has been shown that the MKM are fully armed in Malaysia. Just some unguided bomb and unguided rockets fired from a few exercise. But yes the weapons are here.
    Do we have any info on whether weapons are here or what weapons were purchased?

I've read AA-10, -11 and -12 (MiG-29N already has these) and Kh-31 cruise missiles are "likely" purchased, and we've seen the OFAB bombs and UB32 rocket pods. How about Brahmos or Western weapons for the Damocles? How many Damocles pods do we have?
    Last edited by hmmwvj; 05-11-2012 at 03:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hmmwvj View Post
    Going by the age and number of these obelisks, I think I've found what I was looking for. My uncle told me when worked at an engineering firm a long time ago, Mindef had him design a number of these markers, one for each of our rocks. They were shipped out to the Spratlys then placed on the rocks by Nuri. After the markers were delivered, an officer came back with a request for another copy. He said a marker had been placed on a Filipino island by mistake and the Filipinos had blown it up. I never thought I'd chance upon the pictures so soon after hearing about them.
    Sadly to said, those stone are not mistakenly placed, its because we came first, but who cares, its only a stone, the Filipino navy is a little bit advance from ours, coz they got a left over WWII vessel from the US ( sadly till now ), same goes to some of the rock been taken by the Vietnam tooo.... yup... **** happens.......

Quote Originally Posted by dewafrost View Post
    Sadly to said, those stone are not mistakenly placed, its because we came first, but who cares, its only a stone, the Filipino navy is a little bit advance from ours, coz they got a left over WWII vessel from the US ( sadly till now ), same goes to some of the rock been taken by the Vietnam tooo.... yup... **** happens.......
    I'm not just saying it happened, it's what the officer told him when he ordered a replacement. It wouldn't be an outrageous mistake especially flying visually without GPS back then. Some of these uninhabited rocks are metres apart and their appearance can change with the tides. Some get completely submerged.

It's not like we backed down when the Filipinos came with a bigger ship than ours. Maybe the spot was so remote that no one would know until the next day's patrol.

hi
    just want to ask ur permission to paste it in my blog. THX

terrorist sympathiser

i think we did blow up someone else stone markers too ... dont remember which nation