Page 750 of 764 FirstFirst ... 250650700740742743744745746747748749750751752753754755756757758760 ... LastLast
Results 11,236 to 11,250 of 11460

Thread: Malaysian Armed Forces Pictures

Picture of my late father [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Leftenan Kolonel Abdul Latiff Hussein 3rd frm left (standing) during one of the military operation against the communist guerrillas in 1967 [/SIZE][/FONT]
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval
    Last edited by razaklatiff; 04-04-2012 at 12:53 AM. Reason: spelling

terrorist sympathiser

thanks and welcome!

terrorist sympathiser

UTK

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Quote Originally Posted by razaklatiff View Post

Picture of my late father [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Leftenan Kolonel Abdul Latiff Hussein 3rd frm left (standing) during one of the military operation against the communist guerrillas in 1967 [/SIZE][/FONT]
    fuuyiiooo.... retro... SLR L2A1 Heavy barrel... and SLR L1A1 with 30's mags....

terrorist sympathiser

CARAT

POlice PGA

UTK

Army Special Forces

UTK

Malaysian in Lebanon

Army Special Forces

Ungerin

TRML 3D radar

ACV 300 Adnan

VAT 69

terrorist sympathiser

AWESOME video about LIMA 2011 and a promotion for LIMA 2013

terrorist sympathiser

lol donno

11 ULK

Hornet pilot

SU-30MKM

HAWK

11 ULK

COPE THUNDER

Komando

Hi, I'm new here. I do have some questions about the ATM for the Malaysians here. I know this is a picture thread but I haven't found any other specific ATM one. May I go ahead and ask them here?

Quote Originally Posted by hmmwvj View Post
    Hi, I'm new here. I do have some questions about the ATM for the Malaysians here. I know this is a picture thread but I haven't found any other specific ATM one. May I go ahead and ask them here?
    Welcome! Just ask here.

Thanks! If I may

1. Askar Wataniah: Is my understanding correct that
    -The term translates as reserve soldier and applies to any soldier in the reserves.
    -Regimen Askar Wataniah is a reserve regiment of light infantry.
    -Reserve units of other arms are not part of the Regimen Askar Wataniah, but belong to various Regimen and Kor.

What was the distinction between RAW battalions of the "mobilized 300 series" (since reflagged as Regimen Sempadan) and the "volunteer 500 series"?

2. Army organisation: What is the reason for the segregation of operational control between two HQs, Army Field Command (Markas Medan TD with most maneuver units) and Army HQ (Markas TD with PAC, SF and army aviation)?

3. Equipment: Does TD intend to update the rifles of Askar Wataniah units? I've observed most active duty units have the M-4 carbine but AW and RAW units are still equipped with the M-16 and apparently were passed over by the AUG back when it was adopted.

4. Has Malaysia ever had a draft?
    Last edited by hmmwvj; 04-28-2012 at 01:30 AM.

Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

Its been a while so my info may not be 100% correct now.
    Thanks! If I may

1. Askar Wataniah: Is my understanding correct that
    -The term translates as reserve soldier and applies to any soldier in the reserves.
    -Regimen Askar Wataniah is a reserve regiment of light infantry.
    -Reserve units of other arms are not part of the Regimen Askar Wataniah, but belong to various Regimen and Kor.
    [*******#FF0000]- The name change has been going on and on with every Panglima taking over but basically now there is a volunteer reserve and a volunteer mobilised (kerahan)
    - Whether infantry or other kor it still falls under Wataniah Directorate.
    [/COLOR]

What was the distinction between RAW battalions of the "mobilized 300 series" (since reflagged as Regimen Sempadan) and the "volunteer 500 series"?
    [*******#FF0000]IMO the major distinction is that 300 series are mobilised as you already put it being a full time reserve. Not sure how is it now but it was a cheaper way to maintain an infantry battalion because the men are not provided with the same pention scheme when they retire. Although the 500 series are supposed to provide manpower for the regular bn during wartime, in peacetime The 500 series provides men for the 300 series and when required the 300 series can be converted to regular infantry bn. There is also additional training for the men of the 500 series before they are absorbed directly into the 300 series. [/COLOR]

2. Army organisation: What is the reason for the segregation of operational control between two HQs, Army Field Command (Markas Medan TD with most maneuver units) and Army HQ (Markas TD with PAC, SF and army aviation)? [*******#FF0000][/COLOR]

3. Equipment: Does TD intend to update the rifles of Askar Wataniah units? I've observed most active duty units have the M-4 carbine but AW and RAW units are still equipped with the M-16 and apparently were passed over by the AUG back when it was adopted.

4. Has Malaysia ever had a draft?[*******#FF0000] Total draft I don't think so but we had a partial one whereby all local Reserve units (can't recall the name) were mobilised during the emergency[/COLOR]

Thanks. I'm trying to understand the difference between simply "voluntary" and "mobilized". Is service in the 300 series involuntary?

What I'm wildly guessing is that a 300 series battalion is composed of "reservists on active duty". You mean it is a "[*******#FF0000]cheaper way to maintain an[/COLOR][*******#FF0000] infantry battalion[/COLOR] manned and ready[*******#FF0000]"[/COLOR], so the unit has 100% of its strength but only 100% are active at any time. It seems logical to employ this unit at the border but wouldn't it be hard for members to keep their civilian jobs?

I guess the 500 series is a lower readiness Individual Ready Reserve that supplies individuals to the active and 300 series battalions. Which means there are two options for reserve service in the Malaysian Army infantry.

Thanks. I'm trying to understand the difference between simply "voluntary" and "mobilized". Is service in the 300 series involuntary?
    If I recall correctly 300 series are mobilised on contract basis...5 yrs I think and its renewal is voluntary.

What I'm wildly guessing is that a 300 series battalion is composed of "reservists on active duty". You mean it is a "[*******#ff0000]cheaper way to maintain an[/COLOR][*******#ff0000] infantry battalion[/COLOR] manned and ready[*******#ff0000]"[/COLOR], so the unit has 100% of its strength but only 100% are active at any time. It seems logical to employ this unit at the border but wouldn't it be hard for members to keep their civilian jobs?
    Mobilised personnel have no civilian jobs due to the long contract signed with the Army.
    By cheaper (during my time) as mentioned due to pention scheme is almost non existent for moblised reservist Compare a 15 yr vet from the regular army and mobilised. At retirement only the regluar army receives pention while reservist get some gratuity. Also resources from the regular army are not used up to man the border, highway, sea front (my time).

I guess the 500 series is a lower readiness Individual Ready Reserve that supplies individuals to the active and 300 series battalions. Which means there are two options for reserve service in the Malaysian Army infantry.
    Somewhat but I won't use infantry or 2 options per say because you can also get into regular army.

terrorist sympathiser

[*******#333333]2. Army organisation: What is the reason for the segregation of operational control between two HQs, Army Field Command (Markas Medan TD with most maneuver units) and Army HQ (Markas TD with PAC, SF and army aviation)?[/COLOR]
    operational control depending on AO. The control of SF, PAC and army aviation depending of the value of target or threat on all AO.