Page 750 of 759 FirstFirst ... 250650700740742743744745746747748749750751752753754755756757758 ... LastLast
Results 11,236 to 11,250 of 11379

Thread: Malaysian Armed Forces Pictures

He looks almost like a twin brother of his predecessor (and they have almost the same name too!)

For some reason the Panglima TD are always a little on the chubby side In my eyes the top soldier should be a role model, including physical condition.
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

terrorist sympathiser

haha the previous previous one are rather lean...

metabolism usually decrease due to age....

Default I Have a Dream - PU Subang Open Day

Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

Onuk MRTP-16 Malaysia MMEA Trials

terrorist sympathiser

thanks for the picture foxpound

rare picture of Mig-29N with Live missile

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I went to TUDM open day. I heard some disturbing things from the pilots that shouldn't be mentioned here.

I was told at Subang there is a open day at Institut Latihan Tentera Udara, Ipoh this Saturday June 8.

I just realized Saturday is 9 June!! Help!! Can anyone tell me the correct day?

Btw is this VAT 69's new camo? I'm sure you can recognise the guy on the right.

terrorist sympathiser

Quote Originally Posted by hmmwvj View Post
    I went to TUDM open day. I heard some disturbing things from the pilots that shouldn't be mentioned here.
    is it about the typhoon?

terrorist sympathiser

credits goes to the photographer.. too bad some didnt put any water marks on them

smokey bandit

SU-30MKM

smokey bandit

NBC

NURI

vamtac?

Su-30MKM

LOL 109

HALO

LEbanon United Nation

11 ULK

11 RGK

Nice vapes

ISAF Afganistan

rumoured to be the Tiger Team Black... although my source tell me they are 11 ULK

PASKAL

MKM exhaust

VAT 69

Komando

ISAF Afganistan

11 ULK

Quote Originally Posted by ggk View Post
    is it about the typhoon?
    Well no. About that, I heard the next fighter deal may not be Su-30MKM again and may be bundled with AWACS from the same country. I don't believe because if strictly true, it leaves only Gripen (less capable than MKM), F-18E (expensive) and Su-35 (very good but TUDM is struggling with the MKM experience and Russian AWACs are no good without Israeli parts. It might well be the same with US AWACs.). For cost savings I hope it will be F-18E or Su-35.

What I heard has to do with weapons readiness and why we never see pics of armed Su-30 and MiG-29. It's a design limitation. I'm convinced the Russian weapons are in Malaysia. But I'm also sure we don't have a single Western air-to-ground weapon for the Damocles.

terrorist sympathiser

i already posted an armed mig 29 hehe

but you are right about the sukhoi, so far no picture of it with live missile. That being said the damocles can be use to launch the paveway II (if im not wrong malaysia bought about 60) and if you didnt notice the su-30mkm have a modified pylon.

Russia will license-produce the Thales Damocles reconnaissance and target designation pod for its air force strike aircraft, following successful tests of the system with Malaysia's Sukhoi Su-30MKM multirole fighter. Comparative trials involving Damocles and the Ural Optical and Mechanical Plant (UOMZ)-produced Sapsan and Solux targeting pods went in favour of the French design
    http://www.flightglobal.com/news/art...g-pods-220747/

Quote Originally Posted by ggk View Post
    i already posted an armed mig 29 hehe

but you are right about the sukhoi, so far no picture of it with live missile. That being said the damocles can be use to launch the paveway II (if im not wrong malaysia bought about 60) and if you didnt notice the su-30mkm have a modified pylon.

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/art...g-pods-220747/
    TUDM definitely has had the 3 main air to air missiles for the MiG-29 for many years and the same weapons arm the Su-30. *In Malaysian service, the MiG-29 more often carries 2 missile types: R-27 and R-73.

I was saying the frequency of arming them and practising with live missiles is very low. Most missile practise is simulated. Firstly war stocks are maintained but Malaysia is not buying enough missiles to support live firing frequently. Secondly there are limitations that come from the design specifications of all Russian air to air missiles which makes live training or expensive. This is why we seldom see MiG-29s flying with even pylons, in pictures or with our own eyes. If you do some research you will find out why, but the reason is not obvious.

As for air to ground weapons, the Su-30MKM should already have Russian weapons here in Malaysia. However it has never received Western weapons to date and integration has not been smooth. There is no definite proof of this being true or untrue. It is however what I asked and was told by TUDM at open day.

The Malaysian MiG-29 has never had any air to ground weapons since its introduction because of its tasking as an interceptor.

Default Malaysia and AMRAAM

On a related note, I found this relating to Malaysia's complaint of not receiving AMRAAM early. It's news to me but might not be news to you.

This is an unconfirmed report saying Malaysia did not receive the R-77 until recently and Malaysia essentially "benefited" from the impression that it had it. Although only Singapore would be interested in knowing and probably would have known the truth, what it may be.
    http://www.malaysiandefence.com/?p=525

And this explains the official US policy on AMRAAM sales
    http://forum.pakistanidefence.com/in...howtopic=31661

I do know that RSAF received AMRAAM very early. The official Singapore position was that Malaysia had the R-77 back in the late 1990s for the MiG-29 and so Singapore deserved the AIM-120 and was not the first to have an advanced BVRAAM blah blah. Malaysian sources then complained that Singapore received the AMRAAM and Malaysia did not, and this helped shift Malaysia towards buying Russian aircraft.

I do not know if Malaysia received the R-77 late or not, but if so, it would have been happily pretending that Singapore's statement was true, while Singapore got a free ride on the AMRAAM as a result of an impression of its own making, while Malaysia did not get the AMRAAM till later.

If so,

1) That impression did not come from a Malaysian bluff. In the view of Malaysia and many reasonable observers, Singapore has the deep pockets and the will to go out and get stuff once an excuse is available. Malaysia would not willingly provide this excuse.

Obviously then Malaysia did not benefit from any impression that it had the R-77. No other country at the time had a meaningful air force to oppose Malaysia with, R-77 or not.

2) It would also almost certainly mean Malaysia's MiG-29 version does not carry the R-77 and the missile was only introduced for the Su-30MKM. I do not know when the missile entered Malaysian service but the hypothesis corresponds with my above post that when armed, Malaysian MiG-29s always carry the R-27 and R-73. I have never seen one with R-77 in pictures or in the sky.

What does this all imply?

1. Most obviously there are questions of the military balance between the two countries and the US's role in it.

You would also wonder if being the bigger customer allows one to shape the supplier's policy.

2. Malaysia might have received the AMRAAM earlier had it pressed the complaint and committed funds to buy the missiles. Of course it would surely not have blocked Singapore's AMRAAM even by declaring it had no R-77.

3. If Malaysia then succeeded in obtaining AMRAAM earlier it might have had less reason to consider non-US sources of aircraft. Not succeeding would have made a stronger case for non-US aircraft. But the choice of aircraft, with all its consequences, seems to have been decided before its time because Malaysia did not try harder to obtain the AMRAAM. Including by showing the obvious fact that it had no R-77.
    Last edited by hmmwvj; 06-08-2012 at 10:45 AM.