Page 122 of 146 FirstFirst ... 2272112114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128129130132 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 2178

Thread: Random old CAG, GSG-9 and other photos

Thanks Fadeaway Jumper, I'll have to look into this some more.

buck duck huck luck muck puck ruck suck tuck yuck fuuuuuuuu muck's Avatar

German KSK and Long Range Recce Coy teams in Afghanistan 2002-2011, in several instances along with American special forces (presumably SEALs). Also pictured are (British?) PMCs and Afghan commandos.

Found in the depths of the internet at all kinds of places... I cannot rule out these aren't reposts at all.

Got to admit (as a motorcycle rider myself) I've always been puzzled as to the tactical value of a motorbike. The enemy can hear you long before they see you, you can't hear anything over the bike yourself, 99% of your attention is focussed on your riding and not on anything else around you, and if you get contacted there's a good chance you'll come off and hurt yourself even if you don't get shot. I can't think of any other vehicle I'd rather not be on/in when close to the enemy.

Awesome pics! Thanks muck

HiRes

HiRes

HiRes

HiRes
    Last edited by m4rs75; 02-23-2013 at 07:56 PM. Reason: more pics

Last two pick, always wondered are they SEALs?

Those old school pics of Delta are the highest quality versions of those re-posted pics I've seen.

Down South- on a ship - drinking beer and thawing my **** out.

Some of the Gentlemen in the Unit had the black dye on the boots were removed. Probably , the original sole, toe cap, metal spike plate were also taken out by a boot man in town.. Different Vibram soles were re installed onto the boot, sometimes. Its been a long time since I have seen this.

Awesome Pics. TY.
    Last edited by Creeper; 02-24-2013 at 02:06 AM. Reason: paraphrasing.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSierra151 View Post
    Last two pick, always wondered are they SEALs?
    IIRC, the last two pics show Army Rangers aboard USS George Washington (CVN-73) during an exercise in the 90's.

^^^ These train invasion pics were posted previously, with a description something along the lines of, "You should know what this is, if you don't I won't bother explaining it to you."

Could someone explain it to me?

Quote Originally Posted by dave81 View Post
    ^^^ These train invasion pics were posted previously, with a description something along the lines of, "You should know what this is, if you don't I won't bother explaining it to you."

Could someone explain it to me?
    BR conductors boarding the 7:20 to Hereford.

1970s gear I guess ?

I didn't know they used the Uzi... after/during the Ingram et before the MP5.

Senior Member Breakfast in Vegas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dossbag View Post
    Got to admit (as a motorcycle rider myself) I've always been puzzled as to the tactical value of a motorbike. The enemy can hear you long before they see you, you can't hear anything over the bike yourself, 99% of your attention is focussed on your riding and not on anything else around you, and if you get contacted there's a good chance you'll come off and hurt yourself even if you don't get shot. I can't think of any other vehicle I'd rather not be on/in when close to the enemy.
    I assume its about mobility in rough terrain rather than actual combat.

Some info on the above pics...

from the book, SPECWAROPS:
    ...US Army MH-60 Spec Ops helos work up counter aircraft hijacking techniques using the SASR's Aircraft Range facility. Note the helo's firepower - two M-134 7.62mm miniguns and an M-2 .50cal. The Jumbo replica was built over a few years and has had a number of paint jobs, initially residing at the SASR's CT training complex at Swanbourne...
    also...
    ...At RAAF (Royal Australian Air Base) base Pearce, 35 kilometers to the north of Perth, in Western Australia, the Special Air Service Regiment (SASR), the Australian Special Forces, can put their counter-terrorism procedures to the test using a Boeing 747 mock-up.

The Jumbo (belonging to the fictional Emu Airlines) can be spotted from the satellite on a dedicated parking spot next to the runway 05 threshold, at the following coordinates: -31° 40′ 27.29″, +116° 0′ 40.07″.

With a contract awarded in 2010 the mock-up plane was updated with an “Extended Upper Deck” most probably required to give the 1:1 model an internal configuration similar to the interiors of the Airbus 380.

Airbus’s double deck wide-body was introduced into service by Australia’s flag carrier Qantas in October 2008 (with some early engine problems…), and is being progressively replacing the Boeing 747-400 across the airlines’s international network...
    http://theaviationist.com/tag/specia...-of-australia/

Video about GSG 9, GEO (Spain), SAS, and US Army SOF:
    Last edited by m4rs75; 02-26-2013 at 08:07 AM.

Image from the new Panteao productions documantary featureing Paul Howe.