Page 3 of 145 FirstFirst 12345678910111353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Random old CAG, GSG-9 and other photos

I don't think there is any up to date book about Delta. "Inside DF" maybe a good read but it's not up to date.

There may be no recent book that soleley focuses on Delta, but there are some books that at least mention Delta's operations in Afghanistan, like Sean Naylor's "Not a Good Day to Die", which indeed goes into some detail describing Delta & DevGru recon ops during Anaconda.

Banned user

D3LTa="doesn't exist."

Greg Sanches

I saw a new book called the Weapons of Delta Force when i was at Barnes and Nobles a while back. If you guys are looking for pictures you might wanna check it out. I didnt look at it so it might be allright.

From the limited preview google gave me, I think I'll buy that. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave76 View Post
    There may be no recent book that soleley focuses on Delta, but there are some books that at least mention Delta's operations in Afghanistan, like Sean Naylor's "Not a Good Day to Die", which indeed goes into some detail describing Delta & DevGru recon ops during Anaconda.
    ^Bump

2 wonderful reads that I have come across lately were "Not a good day to die,Operations Anaconda" and Task Force Dagger "The hunt for Osama Bin Laden."

Quote Originally Posted by jagermeister View Post
    I saw a new book called the Weapons of Delta Force when i was at Barnes and Nobles a while back. If you guys are looking for pictures you might wanna check it out. I didnt look at it so it might be allright.
    Worth buying

Quote Originally Posted by jagermeister View Post
    Most pics in this book , if not all, seems to be of Green Berets.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan View Post
    ^Bump

2 wonderful reads that I have come across lately were "Not a good day to die,Operations Anaconda" and Task Force Dagger "The hunt for Osama Bin Laden."
    Task Force Dagger is about 50% fiction from what i've heard...the main source for the book is currently serving a 10 year sentence in an Afghan jail for impersonating a US soldier and kidnapping and torturing random people off the street.

On the sofa watching The Backyardigans...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave76 View Post
    ...like Sean Naylor's "Not a Good Day to Die", which indeed goes into some detail describing Delta & DevGru recon ops during Anaconda.
    This book have some incredibly detailed info on some operations. Most exacly, the part that describes a double of snipers - if my memory doesn't fail me - of the so called "DevGru", in a recon mission prior to Anaconda.

He describes a moment that they take some pics of Taleban positions on the mountain. If any of you manage to saw some 101st Airborne Div. after battle report, will notice that the report have two photos that match exaclly the description on the book.

Now, if is true or not, or if the author just made "fictional account" based on this very after battle report, i have no idea. I asked some peopple but they couldn't manage to confirm, since they had no participation on the events...

Quote Originally Posted by -Max- View Post
    Most pics in this book , if not all, seems to be of Green Berets.
    like i said man i didnt look at it i saw it on the shelf.......

Quote Originally Posted by mikec62001 View Post
    I really wouldn't bother getting your hands on the new revised version of Delta: America's Elite Counterterrorist Force.

There is hardly any difference from the old version of the book.

There's a TINY bit at the back about Afghanistan and Iraq but info is old hat and there are no further new pics of Delta.

The only picture I have seen in the book that is Delta is the one in black and white providing security for Norm Schwarskorpf

I really wouldn't bother getting the revised Delta book
    When the original MBI Delta Force book was published, most of the info in it was up to date and hadn't ben published before. MBI/Zenith is re-releasing and "updating" several of their old "Power Series" books (Navy SEALs, Delta Force) with a few new pics and info on OIF, OEF.

The Weapons of Delta Force book, should more accurately be titled "Weapons of Army Special Forces. While it does give you very brief history of Delta, the pics are mix of Army SF and various other SOF units, and many have been published in other MBI books.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage View Post
    Even if its only a museum exhibition, shows the "stuff":

where is that museum?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitcomb View Post
    where is that museum?
    Fayetteville, NC if I recognize that pic.

I've been there. It's about 80% WWII related, but still very good.