Page 25 of 257 FirstFirst ... 1517181920212223242526272829303132333575125 ... LastLast

Thread: The Health/Fitness thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    ...probably not, but good luck. I'm trying to shred down without losing too muc strength, I'm thinking about trying some circuit training or coming up with something new, I like the crossfit principles...
    circuit training is fun! run, crunches, sit-ups, run, etc...

Anyone using the Nike+ ipod thing when running? Thinking of getting it as I got a nano for my birthday.

links
    [SIZE=-1]http://www.nike.com/nikeplus[/SIZE]
    http://www.apple.com/ipod/nike/
    http://www.sweatshop.co.uk/Details.cfm?ProdID=1885

This is how we train (Belgian army combat unit)

Monday: Running, about 50mins at a VERY decent pace.
    Tuesday: Soccer, or volleyball, or american football (great fun!)
    Wednesday: Swimming, sometimes durability, meaning 1km is your goal...in a 25m pool!
    Thursday: Free sports, most of the time powertraining in the gym
    Friday: Battalion Cross, 5km, you got to do that in 30 mins, I do it in 25 and a bit.
    Weekend: Lose all the benifit gained, in one giant piss-up!

Monday: Start again...

Quote Originally Posted by kaz***** View Post
    Anyone using the Nike+ ipod thing when running? Thinking of getting it as I got a nano for my birthday.

links
    [SIZE=-1]http://www.nike.com/nikeplus[/SIZE]
    http://www.apple.com/ipod/nike/
    http://www.sweatshop.co.uk/Details.cfm?ProdID=1885
    i have an ipod nano,but be warned!!you need(ABSOLUTELY NEED!)these 2 items with it:
    1.an arm band(as pictured on the girl in your second link)
    2.wrap around earphones: http://www.headphoneworld.com/produc...ame=headphones

the normal earphones fall out when i run and the wrap arounds dont do much better(better for running).i wear a hat over my ears(w/ earphones on)<<<this works really well and will be no problem during winter....summer though..well i live in ireland so ive nothing to worry about

Trucker From The Sky

yesterday we did a 3 mile run in full uniform(acu's, boots, soft cap, and road guard vest)......that hurt pretty bad left me with shin splints.

this morning my platoon sergeant canceled squad pt, made it platoon pt and took us on another 2.5 mile run....my legs and ankles are killing me right now. remember to stretch after you finish otherwise you are just hurting yourself, also remember to get new running shoes about every 3-6 months trust me it will save you alot of pain and tylenol.

Quote Originally Posted by ERU/ARW View Post
    i have an ipod nano,but be warned!!you need(ABSOLUTELY NEED!)these 2 items with it:
    1.an arm band(as pictured on the girl in your second link)
    2.wrap around earphones: http://www.headphoneworld.com/produc...ame=headphones

the normal earphones fall out when i run and the wrap arounds dont do much better(better for running).i wear a hat over my ears(w/ earphones on)<<<this works really well and will be no problem during winter....summer though..well i live in ireland so ive nothing to worry about
    haha awesome, thanks for the heads up on things anyway. Thought the earphones would be alright but the ones you linked look great and cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by kaz***** View Post
    haha awesome, thanks for the heads up on things anyway. Thought the earphones would be alright but the ones you linked look great and cheap!
    no prob.nothing like getting physced and stretched,then going for it and your stupid f**kin earphones fall out....whoo..better calm down!

Quote Originally Posted by TuNeRsHaRk View Post
    what suggestions do you all have for home workouts without any weights, im talking like push-ups & sit-ups. i usually try to do about 150 push ups a day, like 4 times a week and same with sit-ups to stay in shape, but i wanna know if theres a better plan? im only 17yrs btw
    Rosstraining.com

Buy "Never Gymless".

At the very least, go to his boards.

Push-ups and sit-ups don't cut it...

- Derek

Quote Originally Posted by Octavian View Post
    Rosstraining.com

Buy "Never Gymless".

At the very least, go to his boards.

Push-ups and sit-ups don't cut it...

- Derek
    x2, buy the book.. trust us.

one of my buddies has that book, I skimmed through it once while on the toilet, it seems like a good buy.

looked at rossboxing.com
    good stuff,i recently got back to usin my heavy bag,so his workouts were priceless!

I started on Whey Protein again this week. And the tub came with 100 free amino acid pills. I've just been taking one every morning, is there a better use of getting the best out of these pills? I'm fully aware of what amino acids are, but have no idea of how often I should intake.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Fee Fi Fo Fum View Post
    I started on Whey Protein again this week. And the tub came with 100 free amino acid pills. I've just been taking one every morning, is there a better use of getting the best out of these pills? I'm fully aware of what amino acids are, but have no idea of how often I should intake.

Cheers.
    My Animal Pak vitamins which have a couple amino acid pills in them, are supposed to be taken 30 min after the meal prior to your work out.

Edit: You might want to ask your question in the forums on bodybuilding.com

Trucker From The Sky

make sur eyou eat properly before going running, one female found that out the hard way on friday. she had been trying to cut wait and was starving herself and while we were running she passed out straight up and landed flat on her face. i didnt see her the rest of the day on friday or yesterday at the company card tournement. Remember it does your body no good to starve yourself, all your body does is adapt and then start producing more fat from fewer calories

Quote Originally Posted by silveykyle View Post
    My Animal Pak vitamins which have a couple amino acid pills in them, are supposed to be taken 30 min after the meal prior to your work out.

Edit: You might want to ask your question in the forums on bodybuilding.com
    Ah I see, makes sense. As I'm taking them in the morning they're probably not getting any use. I'll start taking them mid day, prior to working out.

I guess for certainty I'll pop on over to the website you've given me and ask.