Page 94 of 254 FirstFirst ... 44848687888990919293949596979899100101102104144194 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 3805

Thread: The Health/Fitness thread!

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVO JULIET View Post
    My buddy came home from the Marines and took me for my first Crossfit work out. i want to die right now.

Crossfit friggin rules, Iam day 46 so far, I go to crossfit.com and do the WOD (work out of the day) everyday. Its great!

Quote Originally Posted by bravo juliet View Post
    my buddy came home from the marines and took me for my first crossfit work out. I want to die right now.
    that's fun stuff

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Cedan View Post
    On the subject of running shoes, anyone tried Newton Running Shoes?

Nope and I seriously think about acquiring Saucony's Ultras. Now there is also a "bundle offer" from Reebok two for 150 euros at the store here.

"Wise and Grumpy" Ban Stick Wielder of Death digrar's Avatar
    "I'll tell you what pressure is. Pressure is a Messerschmitt up your @r5e. Playing cricket is not"

Pink, yellow and orange runners are not really my thing. They are very hard on the eyes.
    Last edited by digrar; 04-10-2009 at 10:56 PM.

Yes, they might not look very good, but the technology behind them is what I'm interested in. Look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcRqME__b2c

If it can reduce chances of injury and increase run times, I'm interested. A bit pricey though...

Quote Originally Posted by Dexx View Post
    Been doing push ups now for two month. It is a great body weight work out. My goal is 100 consecutive push ups. Right now I can do 56 (week 7).

I follow this http://www.100pushups.info/ program. It is easy, max 30-40 mins per week and tougher then you may think.

I can do 80 sometimes 90 in under 2 minutes. My APFT is looking good right now, around 290.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by digrar View Post
    Pink, yellow and orange runners are not really my thing. They are very hard on the eyes.
    Eh... does yellow, tangerine and black suit your eyes better? The guys at Saucony have chosen those wonderful colors represent their "new collection".

"Wise and Grumpy" Ban Stick Wielder of Death digrar's Avatar
    "I'll tell you what pressure is. Pressure is a Messerschmitt up your @r5e. Playing cricket is not"

Looking good.

Banned user

Touché...referring to Gawd for this nonsense!

Quote Originally Posted by Cedan View Post
    Yes, they might not look very good, but the technology behind them is what I'm interested in. Look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcRqME__b2c

If it can reduce chances of injury and increase run times, I'm interested. A bit pricey though...
    I'm interested as well, it's a bit of a drive to one of the stores from a place that I call home. I usually go through about two pairs of running shoes a year and I run upwards of 20 miles a week...well not right now...but I was before I got to France. Nike seems to be my brand, but I'm a pounder...that's what happens when you have a football player hitting the track because he likes to run.

Well I did a ct scan on my left knee, turns out it's kinda screwed, got slight subcondral esclerosis, traumatic lesion in the menisc, a bit of free fluid etc
    Now I am waiting on the next doctor's appointement so I can show him the results.
    You guys think it would be ok if I did some gym work before I see the doctor ?
    I wont be doing any leg exercices, mainly chest, arms etc...

Broke the rear wheel on my new MTB this morning. Had to carry the ***** on my back for 5 Km.

Just did crossfits WOD for today
    500m row
    21 burpes
    400m run
    x3 for time

First time with this one 16:32 day 48 of xfit pretty good comparing with some of the other times posted. Was brutal though 3...2....1 GO!

high seas-sometimes USA-sometimes Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebuds View Post
    Just did crossfits WOD for today
    500m row
    21 burpes
    400m run
    x3 for time

First time with this one 16:32 day 48 of xfit pretty good comparing with some of the other times posted. Was brutal though 3...2....1 GO!
    Gotta love the burpies!!!!

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Soldat_Américain View Post
    I'm interested as well, it's a bit of a drive to one of the stores from a place that I call home. I usually go through about two pairs of running shoes a year and I run upwards of 20 miles a week...well not right now...but I was before I got to France. Nike seems to be my brand, but I'm a pounder...that's what happens when you have a football player hitting the track because he likes to run.
    Asked at my store how these shoes compared to others...turned out the shop owner was nuts about them and was going to introduce them this summer.

I was like ... mhhkay, dude, hand them over to me, NOW!

Edit: Oh and I bought myself a Sauconny couple, Grid Tangent 3 and the Grid Fastwitch, how ever contrarily to the Adizero couple that was completely complementary, the two I bought are in a way in competition...despite what's advertized.
    Last edited by KoTeMoRe; 04-11-2009 at 05:36 PM.