Page 94 of 254 FirstFirst ... 44848687888990919293949596979899100101102104144194 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 3805

Thread: The Health/Fitness thread!

  1. #1396
    Senior Member Battlebuds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Trying to get this 115lbs off my back
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVO JULIET View Post
    My buddy came home from the Marines and took me for my first Crossfit work out. i want to die right now.

    Crossfit friggin rules, Iam day 46 so far, I go to crossfit.com and do the WOD (work out of the day) everyday. Its great!

  2. #1397
    Aussie by choice offspring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    North.
    Posts
    3,669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bravo juliet View Post
    my buddy came home from the marines and took me for my first crossfit work out. I want to die right now.
    that's fun stuff

  3. #1398
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Curules Equi. I'm Happy.
    Posts
    12,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cedan View Post
    On the subject of running shoes, anyone tried Newton Running Shoes?

    Nope and I seriously think about acquiring Saucony's Ultras. Now there is also a "bundle offer" from Reebok two for 150 euros at the store here.

  4. #1399
    "Wise and Grumpy" Ban Stick Wielder of Death digrar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    "I'll tell you what pressure is. Pressure is a Messerschmitt up your @r5e. Playing cricket is not"
    Age
    37
    Posts
    22,632

    Default

    Pink, yellow and orange runners are not really my thing. They are very hard on the eyes.
    Last edited by digrar; 04-10-2009 at 10:56 PM.

  5. #1400
    Senior Member Cedan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,077

    Default

    Yes, they might not look very good, but the technology behind them is what I'm interested in. Look at this:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcRqME__b2c

    If it can reduce chances of injury and increase run times, I'm interested. A bit pricey though...

  6. #1401
    Senior Member Carib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Right Coast
    Posts
    3,111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dexx View Post
    Been doing push ups now for two month. It is a great body weight work out. My goal is 100 consecutive push ups. Right now I can do 56 (week 7).

    I follow this http://www.100pushups.info/ program. It is easy, max 30-40 mins per week and tougher then you may think.

    I can do 80 sometimes 90 in under 2 minutes. My APFT is looking good right now, around 290.

  7. #1402
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Curules Equi. I'm Happy.
    Posts
    12,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digrar View Post
    Pink, yellow and orange runners are not really my thing. They are very hard on the eyes.
    Eh... does yellow, tangerine and black suit your eyes better? The guys at Saucony have chosen those wonderful colors represent their "new collection".

  8. #1403
    "Wise and Grumpy" Ban Stick Wielder of Death digrar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    "I'll tell you what pressure is. Pressure is a Messerschmitt up your @r5e. Playing cricket is not"
    Age
    37
    Posts
    22,632

    Default

    Looking good.






  9. #1404
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Curules Equi. I'm Happy.
    Posts
    12,937

    Default

    Touché...referring to Gawd for this nonsense!

  10. #1405
    Deserter Soldat_Américain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Borderlands with Nantan Lupan
    Age
    26
    Posts
    15,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cedan View Post
    Yes, they might not look very good, but the technology behind them is what I'm interested in. Look at this:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcRqME__b2c

    If it can reduce chances of injury and increase run times, I'm interested. A bit pricey though...
    I'm interested as well, it's a bit of a drive to one of the stores from a place that I call home. I usually go through about two pairs of running shoes a year and I run upwards of 20 miles a week...well not right now...but I was before I got to France. Nike seems to be my brand, but I'm a pounder...that's what happens when you have a football player hitting the track because he likes to run.

  11. #1406
    Member superbuzzmetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Portugal
    Age
    30
    Posts
    468

    Default

    Well I did a ct scan on my left knee, turns out it's kinda screwed, got slight subcondral esclerosis, traumatic lesion in the menisc, a bit of free fluid etc
    Now I am waiting on the next doctor's appointement so I can show him the results.
    You guys think it would be ok if I did some gym work before I see the doctor ?
    I wont be doing any leg exercices, mainly chest, arms etc...

  12. #1407
    Papa Smurf Lancero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Physalia physalis
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,526

    Default

    Broke the rear wheel on my new MTB this morning. Had to carry the ***** on my back for 5 Km.

  13. #1408
    Senior Member Battlebuds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Trying to get this 115lbs off my back
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,353

    Default

    Just did crossfits WOD for today
    500m row
    21 burpes
    400m run
    x3 for time

    First time with this one 16:32 day 48 of xfit pretty good comparing with some of the other times posted. Was brutal though 3...2....1 GO!

  14. #1409
    member tomonator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    high seas-sometimes USA-sometimes Scotland
    Posts
    1,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebuds View Post
    Just did crossfits WOD for today
    500m row
    21 burpes
    400m run
    x3 for time

    First time with this one 16:32 day 48 of xfit pretty good comparing with some of the other times posted. Was brutal though 3...2....1 GO!
    Gotta love the burpies!!!!

  15. #1410
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Curules Equi. I'm Happy.
    Posts
    12,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soldat_Américain View Post
    I'm interested as well, it's a bit of a drive to one of the stores from a place that I call home. I usually go through about two pairs of running shoes a year and I run upwards of 20 miles a week...well not right now...but I was before I got to France. Nike seems to be my brand, but I'm a pounder...that's what happens when you have a football player hitting the track because he likes to run.
    Asked at my store how these shoes compared to others...turned out the shop owner was nuts about them and was going to introduce them this summer.

    I was like ... mhhkay, dude, hand them over to me, NOW!

    Edit: Oh and I bought myself a Sauconny couple, Grid Tangent 3 and the Grid Fastwitch, how ever contrarily to the Adizero couple that was completely complementary, the two I bought are in a way in competition...despite what's advertized.
    Last edited by KoTeMoRe; 04-11-2009 at 05:36 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •