Page 94 of 248 FirstFirst ... 44848687888990919293949596979899100101102104144194 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 3714

Thread: The Health/Fitness thread!

Even though it says Dima here ^ I will write it here > to make sure you know who I am... dimasorokine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dexx View Post
    Been doing push ups now for two month. It is a great body weight work out. My goal is 100 consecutive push ups. Right now I can do 56 (week 7).

I follow this http://www.100pushups.info/ program. It is easy, max 30-40 mins per week and tougher then you may think.
    Cool! There is actually a program like this? You should be able to get to 100 if you stick to it...one crappy thing is once you can do that many it gets kinda boring. I'm up to 130 on my first set...What I try and do is see how many I can do in a minute and do it in minute sets. You should aim for over 60, this will make you more explosive.

-Dima

Banned user

My buddy came home from the Marines and took me for my first Crossfit work out. i want to die right now.
    Last edited by Bro Jangles; 04-10-2009 at 09:40 AM. Reason: didnt capatlize Marines

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVO JULIET View Post
    My buddy came home from the Marines and took me for my first Crossfit work out. i want to die right now.
    I feel your pain...took my "first half" this morning, I'm thinking about getting baptized or something right now, just to scream the hell out : "Gawd why are you doeing this to me?"

Oh BTW great news my Adizeros died this morning...there is a hole on the right foot upper liner. Time for change! Less than 5 months after purchase and with less than 2k on them...

Any opinions besides the Sickos on the next purchase?

"Wise and Grumpy" Ban Stick Wielder of Death digrar's Avatar
    "I'll tell you what pressure is. Pressure is a Messerschmitt up your clacker valve. Playing cricket

2000km? They're were probably shagged 1000km ago. You just didn't know it.

Banned user

Well they've been a little bit flat the last two weeks, but nothing too serious. Now they're still retaining good bounce and response to the feet, but after a mile or so I feel like I'm running bare foot!

They kept me running for something over 1500 km.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by KoTeMoRe View Post
    Well they've been a little bit flat the last two weeks, but nothing too serious. Now they're still retaining good bounce and response to the feet, but after a mile or so I feel like I'm running bare foot!

They kept me running for something over 1500 km.
    1500 km is ok for a quality running shoe. If the Adizeros were good for you, stick to them. Don't take any advice when it comes to shoes, every foot is different.

"I'll tell you what pressure is. Pressure is a Messerschmitt up your clacker valve. Playing cricket

http://www.coolrunning.com.au/forums...howtopic=15392

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_1/185.shtml

The next pair> Even after all the hard work of researching and finding your perfect running shoe, it is of course inevitable that your beloved running shoes will eventually wear down. The midsoles flatten out and the cushioning gives way. When this happens, your shoes are no longer acting as shock absorbers. Instead, the shock gets passed along to your bones and joints, and that's an invitation to injury.
    The trick, of course, is knowing when to retire your trusty shoes before you hurt yourself. Depending on the shoe, the surface on which you run, and your weight, running shoes should last anywhere between 300 and 500 miles before they lose the spring in their step. This means that runners who log 25 miles per week should look at replacing their shoes every three to four months.
    It can be difficult to recognize the signs of wear simply by looking at the shoe. Outsoles are so durable these days that the shoe's cushioning may be long gone before the tread is significantly worn down. The best test is just to pay attention to how you feel. As your shoes begin to give out, you may begin to get some pangs in your bones and joints; you may have slight shin splints or some tightness in your calves.

Banned user

I don't think the Zeros will have another try at my feet. They were light and speedy, but as mentionned in the article posted by digrar my right foot feels like a log, straight and hard. I had a look at them right now, and frankly the the mid-cushion looks like a slice of battered spam. The outsole looks ok, but that is normal given I switch between track, tarmac and treadmill. So very little grind.

On the subject of running shoes, anyone tried Newton Running Shoes?

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVO JULIET View Post

Crossfit friggin rules, Iam day 46 so far, I go to crossfit.com and do the WOD (work out of the day) everyday. Its great!

Quote Originally Posted by bravo juliet View Post
    my buddy came home from the marines and took me for my first crossfit work out. I want to die right now.
    that's fun stuff

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Cedan View Post
    On the subject of running shoes, anyone tried Newton Running Shoes?

Nope and I seriously think about acquiring Saucony's Ultras. Now there is also a "bundle offer" from Reebok two for 150 euros at the store here.

Pink, yellow and orange runners are not really my thing. They are very hard on the eyes.
    Last edited by digrar; 04-10-2009 at 09:56 PM.

Yes, they might not look very good, but the technology behind them is what I'm interested in. Look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcRqME__b2c

If it can reduce chances of injury and increase run times, I'm interested. A bit pricey though...

Quote Originally Posted by Dexx View Post
    Been doing push ups now for two month. It is a great body weight work out. My goal is 100 consecutive push ups. Right now I can do 56 (week 7).

I follow this http://www.100pushups.info/ program. It is easy, max 30-40 mins per week and tougher then you may think.

I can do 80 sometimes 90 in under 2 minutes. My APFT is looking good right now, around 290.