Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Civilian Tavor-21 in Canada?

Default Civilian Tavor-21 in Canada?

Saw it here http://www.canadaammo.com/
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

$3000.00!, not for all the wheat in Saskatchewan!

Lol is says it can be used for hunting.... so can an M1 tank but that doesn't make it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilkenny View Post
    $3000.00!, not for all the wheat in Saskatchewan!
    Can you get it cheaper?
    Only the sight on it costs more than $500

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew116 View Post
    Lol is says it can be used for hunting.... so can an M1 tank but that doesn't make it right.
    i can't see it being legal for hunting, i haven't looked but surly it must be on the list of restricted wea.. i mean fire arms?

All the information people need can be found here
    http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...d.php?t=160317

Quote Originally Posted by speckfire View Post
    Can you get it cheaper?
    Only the sight on it costs more than $500
    At the present time, the Tavor only ships with that sight.

Quote Originally Posted by ex Strathcona View Post
    i can't see it being legal for hunting, i haven't looked but surly it must be on the list of restricted wea.. i mean fire arms?
    It is not restricted, it has a long enough barrel due to its bullpup design for it to comply with the law in Canada. Techincally you could carry it down the street, as long as you don't point it at any one or threaten them. However, the chances of somebody in your neighbourhood who doesn't know anything about the laws regarding firearms wil call the police is like 1000% so....

well i'll be a.. it isn't restricted?

kind of makes me nostalgic for the days my buddies and i could go camping with our collections and set up combat lanes out in Kananaskis.

i can't help but wonder though how long before it gets "noticed" by the anti gun crowed, all we need is another Lethal weapon sequel with something as stupid as "Cop Killer" rounds for it to end up on "the list"

if you look at the last section you can see they have a catch all for any fire arm they feel should be picked on.

Restricted Firearms

If you possess or wish to acquire a restricted firearm, here is some information you should know about requirements under the Firearms Act.
    Definition of a Restricted Firearm

According to the Criminal Code, a restricted firearm is:
    • A handgun that is not a[*******#0000ff] prohibited firearm[/COLOR];
    • A semi-automatic, centre-fire firearm with a barrel length less than 470 mm that is not a prohibited firearm;
    • A firearm that can fire after being reduced, by folding, telescoping or otherwise, to an overall length of less than 660 mm; and
    • Any firearm prescribed under the Criminal Code regulations [*******#0000ff]to be restricted [/COLOR](including some long guns).

but if i had 3k sitting around... yeah i would buy one.

Land of the Left and Rinos. Moonbeams Mess.

Ouch, 5 round mags only?!(as posted in the link) And here i thought it was bad in Kalifornia with 10 rounds only. My heart goes out to my brothers up north.

One of the better looking b-pups in my opinion, even if the price tag is way out of my league.

EvanL

Quote Originally Posted by scuba View Post
    It is not restricted, it has a long enough barrel due to its bullpup design for it to comply with the law in Canada. Techincally you could carry it down the street, as long as you don't point it at any one or threaten them. However, the chances of somebody in your neighbourhood who doesn't know anything about the laws regarding firearms wil call the police is like 1000% so....
    You cannot carry firearms around in public in Canada other than for hunting anywhere!
    Money couriers and police officers are the only civilians allowed to carry handguns anywhere in Canada.
    I think there is maybe a handful of private bodyguards in Canada who are allowed to carry and conceal, but that is only a handful and they have to get minister approval.

Quote Originally Posted by EvanL View Post
    You cannot carry firearms around in public in Canada other than for hunting anywhere!
    Money couriers and police officers are the only civilians allowed to carry handguns anywhere in Canada.
    I think there is maybe a handful of private bodyguards in Canada who are allowed to carry and conceal, but that is only a handful and they have to get minister approval.
    Yes, handguns are restricted, but the Tavor is a rifle. Also, in Canada if you have a job that takes you out into the wilderness, you might be able to apply for the carry of a restricted weapon. For example a bush pilot and what not so it is not only armour car couriers. Police to me, when they are on duty aren't civilians.

I am no expert in the cesspit of laws and regulations laid down by the Canadian Firearms Centre (CFC) but if you have any questions ask the people over at http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/ (CGN)

Also the firearms dealer whose website was posted at the beginning is also a member of the CGN forum. His goes by CanAm, people interested in the Tavor can just ask him directly.

Quote Originally Posted by EvanL View Post
    If I had a rifle that is non-restricted right now, like the Tavor, I could go on to any Crown land, except some national parks that have their own local or provincial laws and regulation and just set up some targets and shoot the crap out of them. Doesn't have to be hunting, if I felt like it I could just unload into an embankment if I wanted to.