Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Russia delivers last batch of Mi-35s to Brazil

  1. #1
    Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    The Pampas
    Posts
    945

    Default Russia delivers last batch of Mi-35s to Brazil

    Now Brazilian Air Force has its full complement of 12 Mi-35 (AH-2 Sabre).



    An-124 delivering the last 3 helicopters (11/26).



    Air Force personel and the An-124 who brought the Mi-35s from Russia.



    Fully armed AH-2.



    AH-2 base.



    Russian translator.



    Cleaning the beast. Note the mechanic standing in the wing...



    Note the heat supressors.



    Sabre above the rain forest.

    Live fire exercise at 8’20”

  2. #2
    Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    The Pampas
    Posts
    945

    Default

    Wallkaround.














  3. #3
    Senior Member Hyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    8,261

    Default

    Good look at the IR jammer (upper right)


  4. #4

    Default

    Nice helo. Illegal loggers and traffickers beware

  5. #5
    Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    The Pampas
    Posts
    945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speck2 View Post
    Nice helo. Illegal loggers and traffickers beware
    Yep, and since Sabres are also armed with 9М120М ATAKA-M missiles I doubt those criminals will ever field MBTs in the rain forest

  6. #6
    Senior Member KillerBD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Close to a coffee mug, closer to an AK
    Posts
    4,366

    Default

    Great pictures, gotta <3 the Hind!

    One question though, the ATAKA-M missiles. On these newer Hinds it seems they are only capable of carrying 8 of these ATGMs on the right-wing pylon. I've never seen one with both sides out-fitted, even on the 'official web-site' it says only 8 can be carried.

    Just curious as to exactly why it is this way, would just seem logical to put 8 and 8 on both sides. Maybe it has to do with weight and balance, considering the Hind is slightly canted to one side...

  7. #7

    Default

    Nice pics; congrats to Brazil.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KillerBD View Post
    Great pictures, gotta <3 the Hind!

    One question though, the ATAKA-M missiles. On these newer Hinds it seems they are only capable of carrying 8 of these ATGMs on the right-wing pylon. I've never seen one with both sides out-fitted, even on the 'official web-site' it says only 8 can be carried.

    Just curious as to exactly why it is this way, would just seem logical to put 8 and 8 on both sides. Maybe it has to do with weight and balance, considering the Hind is slightly canted to one side...
    I could also just be the amount of cabling installed in the wing. to carry 8 missiles on a wing, you need 8 control cables. Obviously its not a hard modification, but the manufacturer has to choose some number N of cables to run.

  9. #9
    Member Hpta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Lejos de Aqui
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Impressive.Both Venezuela and Brazil now have Mi-35's.Great attack helicopter with a long future ahead of it.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Universals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    peace to this young warrior without the sound of guns
    Posts
    8,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KillerBD View Post
    Great pictures, gotta <3 the Hind!
    Yea, she's a beauty alright


    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post




  11. #11
    Senior Member KillerBD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Close to a coffee mug, closer to an AK
    Posts
    4,366

    Default

    ^

    10Hinds......

  12. #12
    Junior Member EliteCubScoutSlipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Mordor
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Nice live fire exercise, a few questions though
    1) Why did one of the Hinds have LED lights stuck on the rotor ? I mean it looks cool and all but doesnt that play **** with the rotor equilibria ??
    2) Who will be the target of these choppers ? Are their any internal elements or is Brazil going to war soon ?
    3) DAT translator though.

  13. #13
    Member RainbowEater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    ಬೆಂಗಳೂರು
    Posts
    56

    Default

    They should have stuck with the retractable landing gears!
    The old ones look a lot sleeker in flight.
    IAF 'Akbar' in flight:


    Nice paint scheme,though.

  14. #14
    Senior Member flanker7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    cyprus
    Age
    37
    Posts
    8,951

    Default

    What does the self protection suit made of? We see an IR jammer and flare dispensers, also some RWR antennas.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowEater View Post
    They should have stuck with the retractable landing gears!
    The old ones look a lot sleeker in flight.

    .
    And it is, the variants with retractable landing gear have faster maximum speed. But there is a down side, fixed landing gear alows you to save wieght. A lot!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •