Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Archive thread 13- Paddy UKs Walt hunting thread.

Looks ally? Wearing scrim on a helmet is down to personal preference, personally I don't like it and to go even further; the 'in-thing' to stand out from the crowd now is not to wear scrim on your lid, handy eh? Are you a serving soldier or reservist, Rodger Rabbit? (I'm going to assume you are since you used that word )

As for looking too clean? Not entirely sure what the crack is with that comment, I wash my kit and clean my boots when they're muddy..looking after your kit is a basic skill mate. My garden isn't particularly a battlefield either.

To Fergie, they're really, really good daysacks, if you get one..my advice would be to get a zip opening sewn into the top pouch, that way you can access it from both sides. As standard, it's a bit hard to get your kit out of it without whatever else is in there falling out. Otherwise, I wouldn't use anything else. You can compress them right down too if you're not carrying much.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergie View Post
    Paddy, what are your views on the Munro patrol sack, I've heard good reviews about them, but could you give me an un-biased view on it? Just i'm getting sick of the daysack pouches off my bergen, and they are falling to bits aswell.

Cheers, Fergie
    The issue daysack is better than a Munro IMO. They are more robust and have a greater capacity. You can get brand new ones off eBay for around 20. Also, as you're affiliated with the military, you can ask a serving friend to exchange it when it's knackered.

Cheers Paddy and Sabre on the info, @ Paddy, I think what r rabbit meant was that ur combats are very new looking, which is no bad thing btw, but if your going for para look, go onto ebay, and look for a pair of old faded combats, or some nice bright jungle combats. However, your current trousers will become faded over time, so its no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy_UK View Post
    Looks ally? Wearing scrim on a helmet is down to personal preference, personally I don't like it and to go even further; the 'in-thing' to stand out from the crowd now is not to wear scrim on your lid, handy eh? Are you a serving soldier or reservist, Rodger Rabbit? (I'm going to assume you are since you used that word )

As for looking too clean? Not entirely sure what the crack is with that comment, I wash my kit and clean my boots when they're muddy..looking after your kit is a basic skill mate. My garden isn't particularly a battlefield either.
    You look just like a real paratrooper, but why the windproof not a para-frock?

Fergie mate, I'll put it simply; I'm a serving soldier who came on here to take the piss. I thought you'd realised that by now. It actually turns out that the piss-taking had to be limited as I was expecting much more idiocy in the posts I received. So thank you for showing me that airsofters are not all idiots, like I first thought.

Incidentally, the new combats don't fade like the old ones do, so you're stuck looking like a joe, unfortunately.

Royal, I don't like para smocks, the cuffs annoy me, it's issued to everyone and the pockets are wank.

Finally, that's why I use a Munro, the issue NI sacks are too big for what you'll need, plus they don't look as hard. You just can't fit one in the lid of your bergen.
    Last edited by Paddy_UK; 06-11-2007 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Additional info.

Fergie mate, I'll put it simply; I'm a serving soldier who came on here to take the piss. I thought you'd realised that by now. It actually turns out that the piss-taking had to be limited as I was expecting much more idiocy in the posts I received. So thank you for showing me that airsofters are not all idiots, like I first thought.
    Nine pics taken in the back garden, walting it up with a Chairsoft M16, you must really want to take the piss badly. Why no wings on the shiny new smock?

Yeah mate, I did. Don't wear any identifying features on my field smock, plus currently not with an airborne unit.

Good photos eh?

Yeah mate, I did. Don't wear any identifying features on my field smock, plus currently not with an airborne unit.
    So whenever you're not with an airborne unit you remove your wings?

Nah mate, only bought the smock a few months ago, not got round to buying a set of wings to go on it. Not much point doing so at the moment.

A few months...
    When did you do pcompany, must have been fairly recently judging by your age.

Many years ago, RR.

My money is on an each way; either OTC or ACF AI.

Either way he's a fraud. (I think that Walt is too benign a term for people like this)

Plus his mum could do with getting Ground Force in.

****ing LOL!

Time spent on reconnaissance is seldom wasted kayaker's Avatar
    At the wall table of a greasy spoon cafeteria with a battered,red Mini outside..with Mary on my mind

Paddy,
    how much did you put down for your C7?

It's not mine mate, apparently it was about 350.