Thread: United States SOF pics

Quote Originally Posted by kimujnr View Post
    Does this mean Boat guys are fighting on the ground?
    Yes, Boat guys haven't seen a boat in years they say.

question, guys in civilian clothes? Contractors?

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny_121_DDS View Post
    Yes, Boat guys haven't seen a boat in years they say.

question, guys in civilian clothes? Contractors?
    Could you elaborate? I don't want to make assumptions or violate opsec, but I guess they would augment SEAL platoons? Just interesting to see a boat guy in a landlocked country, that's all.

I can't speak for Afghanistan, but in Iraq they were trolling the rivers by boat. We used them twice to infiltrate by water. They then helped us operate our Strykers as they didn't seem to have much else to do. As far as I know, they aren't patrolling around on foot. At the end of the day, they are vehicle crews that help shooters infil/exfil by water.

GHAZNI PROVINCE, Afghanistan - Ghazni Provincial Reconstruction Team commander, U.S. Navy Cmdr. John Doolittle reenlisted U.S. Navy Special Warfare Boat Operator First Class Pat Roberts from Navy Special Warfare Unit-2 on top of Tampe Sardeh mountain in Ghazni municipality May 25
    I wonder if there is any relation to the more famous Doolittle?

Quote Originally Posted by marleynrs8 View Post
    Could you elaborate? I don't want to make assumptions or violate opsec, but I guess they would augment SEAL platoons? Just interesting to see a boat guy in a landlocked country, that's all.
    That's what I read here last year because of Afghanistan. I don't think that's true anymore because of the pirate issue.

Default Special Forces Qualification Course

[FONT=Verdana]All Photos from The U.S. Army John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center and School flickr Photostream -[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana]http://www.flickr.com/photos/insides...in/photostream[/FONT]

U.S. Army Soldiers attending the Special Forces Qualification Course conduct tactical combat skills training at Fort Bragg, N.C. In the Tactical Combat Skills phase of the course, Soldiers practice advanced marksmanship, mounted operations and Special Forces common tasks, regardless of their specialty. The U.S. Army John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center and School conduct the SFQC year-round. (Released)

U.S. Army Soldiers attending the Special Forces Qualification Course conduct tactical combat skills training at Fort Bragg, N.C. In the Tactical Combat Skills phase of the course, Soldiers practice advanced marksmanship, mounted operations and Special Forces common tasks, regardless of their specialty. The U.S. Army John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center and School conduct the SFQC year-round. (Released)

Last edited by vor033; 05-31-2011 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marleynrs8 View Post
    No more interesting than a SEAL being in a landlocked country.

Everytime I see you guys post stuff that argue the authenticity or make it seem like you know it all, I wonder "How do these civy's and pog's think they know EVERYTHING about SOF when they're never beens?". It's funny so many of you are quick to say "Thats not american" "thats not navy seal, thats army sf" "that's not a CCT that's a Ranger working with CAG due to his kit".... news flash, they don't run by SOP's you read daily. They don't do anything conventional, or have patterns. Get off your high horses, stop acting like you know everything. These guys switch up everything daily.

So if they keep everyone guessing due to opsec/persec/etc.. how do you figure you would know everything about them? I think people who argue in here should be banned, it's annoying to see never-beens acting like they know

"He has an AK, Could he be afghan?" - regular grunts in SOME units get AK47's/AK74's
    "He has an LBT Rig, he's a navy seal" - troops can use/buy w/e gear they want unless their COC/NCO Support Channel begs to differ, in which they're douche bags
    "Those are X Y Z Tires, so they're not American" - These guys buy off the economy alot of the time, so why would they have A B C tires?

Seriously stop acting like you guys know everything when 90% of you never served a day in the army. As SOF let alone a POG

Quote Originally Posted by matticus View Post
    Everytime I see you guys post stuff that argue the authenticity or make it seem like you know it all, I wonder "How do these civy's and pog's think they know EVERYTHING about SOF when they're never beens?". It's funny so many of you are quick to say "Thats not american" "thats not navy seal, thats army sf" "that's not a CCT that's a Ranger working with CAG due to his kit".... news flash, they don't run by SOP's you read daily. They don't do anything conventional, or have patterns. Get off your high horses, stop acting like you know everything. These guys switch up everything daily.

So if they keep everyone guessing due to opsec/persec/etc.. how do you figure you would know everything about them? I think people who argue in here should be banned, it's annoying to see never-beens acting like they know

"He has an AK, Could he be afghan?" - regular grunts in SOME units get AK47's/AK74's
    "He has an LBT Rig, he's a navy seal" - troops can use/buy w/e gear they want unless their COC/NCO Support Channel begs to differ, in which they're douche bags
    "Those are X Y Z Tires, so they're not American" - These guys buy off the economy alot of the time, so why would they have A B C tires?

Seriously stop acting like you guys know everything when 90% of you never served a day in the army. As SOF let alone a POG
    You sound like my doctor when I told him my opinion on medicine when I had no idea what I was talking about. As a meds student now, I fully understand how you and he feel.

You just became the kind of person that you completely mugged off in your post! Smart.

Quoted for truth

Well the nature of a forum is to have a discussion, so if they have a difference of opinion you can discuss that. No need to ban people just because they don't believe what you say.

"Wise and Grumpy" Ban Stick Wielder of Death digrar's Avatar
    "I'll tell you what pressure is. Pressure is a Messerschmitt up your @r5e. Playing cricket is not"

I find it hilarious you guys are the professionals/judges at who's a real SF/SOF Operator and who's not by looking at a picture. Sit back and think about it, it makes it even funnier

Going to make this same sort of post every 2 months?

Defender of the Man Code

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    No more interesting than a SEAL being in a landlocked country.
    Sea Air Land

Quote Originally Posted by muttbutt View Post
    Sea Air Land
    Oh, is that what it stands for?