Page 62 of 69 FirstFirst ... 125254555657585960616263646566676869 LastLast

Thread: Taiwanese Military Thread Army/Navy/Air Force/Marines and others

Taiwanese marines using Kestrel rocket (L) replace M72

Quote Originally Posted by zuilon2000 View Post
    Taiwanese new CIWS system used by T-75 20mm AAgun

May I ask what is the guidance of this CIWS?

Quote Originally Posted by hmmwvj View Post
    May I ask what is the guidance of this CIWS?
    This is RWS system XTR-102, show in TADTE 2013

XTR-101
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

Default 近程自動化防禦武器系統

army recognition . com /tadte_2013_show_daily_news_coverage_report/new_short-range_automated_defense_weapon_systems_xtr-101_and_xtr-102_at_tadte_2013_1608133.html

The weapon is based on the T-75 20mm chain gun. I was wondering about the guidance system. It does not appear to have a fire control radar so it would be a land or naval anti-aircraft weapon but not a CIWS.

army recognition . com /tadte_2013_show_daily_news_coverage_report/new_short-range_automated_defense_weapon_systems_xtr-101_and_xtr-102_at_tadte_2013_1608133.html

The weapon is based on the T-75 20mm chain gun. I was wondering about the guidance system. It does not appear to have a fire control radar so it would be a land or naval anti-aircraft weapon but not a CIWS.
    Not necessarily. Radar doesn't have to be installed in the turret itself in order for the system to function as a CIWS. In this regard it is no different from anti-aircraft systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Levi View Post
    Not necessarily. Radar doesn't have to be installed in the turret itself in order for the system to function as a CIWS. In this regard it is no different from anti-aircraft systems.
    All I could find seems to say the system only has optical guidance. But it was only one of the reasons I don't think this is a CIWS.

The single gun mount for naval applications has a lower rate of fire than the land based twin mount, which itself has a low rate of fire for a CIWS. A CIWS usually has a larger caliber or a higher rate of fire to make up for having smaller rounds, or both, but this gun has neither, and the magazine capacity is not anywhere near sufficient.

All I could find seems to say the system only has optical guidance. But it was only one of the reasons I don't think this is a CIWS.

The single gun mount for naval applications has a lower rate of fire than the land based twin mount, which itself has a low rate of fire for a CIWS. A CIWS usually has a larger caliber or a higher rate of fire to make up for having smaller rounds, or both, but this gun has neither, and the magazine capacity is not anywhere near sufficient.

Some brochures I picked up from an exhibition by the Materiel Production Center in 2004.

Taiwanese marines, army and air force test in "Lian Yuong 102-10" military drill in Pingdon mountains, southern Taiwan, Nov 8th, 2013

This is RWS system XTR-102, show in TADTE 2013

XTR-101
    Good industry design

Taiwanese C-130H transport aircraft carrying humanitarian supplies to Philippines which destroyed by typhoon Haiyan.

Suspended for infractions

Taiwanese C-130H transport aircraft carrying humanitarian supplies to Philippines which destroyed by typhoon Haiyan.
    And just a few months ago, Taiwan's air force, navy and coast guard were staging maneuvers in fishery disputes with the Philippines....

Quote Originally Posted by epc View Post
    And just a few months ago, Taiwan's air force, navy and coast guard were staging maneuvers in fishery disputes with the Philippines....
    Might want to take this to political forum