Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 34363738394041424344454647 LastLast
Results 646 to 660 of 699

Thread: Flashlights, head lamps, torches etc

  1. #646
    Member Cougar79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    a specific position or point in physical space
    Age
    35
    Posts
    300

    Default

    Hi,
    did anyone here try the "new" G2X/6PX or any of their variants yet? Any feedback on quality/reliability would be appreciated.

    Greetings, Cougar

  2. #647

    Default

    The G2X/6PX are a lot brighter than the old G2L and 6PL with a really useful beam pattern. Just keep in mind that both are available in A -Tactical (single brightness) and B- Pro (dual brightness) versions. The Pro lets you save on batteries but with the Tactical, there's less chance of fumbling if you need to blind an opponent. Also keep in mind that the remote pressure switches that used to work with the G2 and 6P will thread on, but will not work with the G2X and 6PX because the inside spring is too short, in case you're thinking of using one as a weaponlight.

  3. #648
    "It's a Toyota D*ckhead" Beowulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Stay in your goddamned fanboy lane.
    Posts
    7,400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VossMan View Post
    Can I get some IDs on this guns lasers and flashlights?Attachment 171246
    it is a PEQ-15, not sure about the other thing on the side...

    I kind of hate that "gripod" - some people like them, but for some reason they make me angry inside.

  4. #649
    Member Cougar79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    a specific position or point in physical space
    Age
    35
    Posts
    300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    The G2X/6PX are a lot brighter than the old G2L and 6PL with a really useful beam pattern. Just keep in mind that both are available in A -Tactical (single brightness) and B- Pro (dual brightness) versions. The Pro lets you save on batteries but with the Tactical, there's less chance of fumbling if you need to blind an opponent. Also keep in mind that the remote pressure switches that used to work with the G2 and 6P will thread on, but will not work with the G2X and 6PX because the inside spring is too short, in case you're thinking of using one as a weaponlight.
    thanks a lot. I just heard that it isnīt possible to change the LED/Reflector with a third party drop-in, like you could with the old G2/6P series, which would be a great disappointment, since i always modded my surefire flashlights with some other drop-ins (like Oveready). On the other hand the G2X in the "tactical" version still looks very interesting. i think iīll give it a try.

  5. #650
    Banned user T3ngu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Oztralia
    Age
    89
    Posts
    18,132

    Default

    Just got a led lenser p5, not bad throw for 1 x AA

  6. #651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cougar79 View Post
    thanks a lot. I just heard that it isnīt possible to change the LED/Reflector with a third party drop-in, like you could with the old G2/6P series, which would be a great disappointment, since i always modded my surefire flashlights with some other drop-ins (like Oveready). On the other hand the G2X in the "tactical" version still looks very interesting. i think iīll give it a try.
    Yeah, that's the main disadvantage of the new lights, the inability to upgrade with a 3rd party drop-in. I have a really old C2 Centurion that I'm still using from the days when incandescent was the only choice. The finish is all worn off, tailcap is polished gloss from the leather holster, but I dropped in a Malkoff LED assembly and it's up to date again.

  7. #652
    Member Cougar79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    a specific position or point in physical space
    Age
    35
    Posts
    300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    Yeah, that's the main disadvantage of the new lights, the inability to upgrade with a 3rd party drop-in. I have a really old C2 Centurion that I'm still using from the days when incandescent was the only choice. The finish is all worn off, tailcap is polished gloss from the leather holster, but I dropped in a Malkoff LED assembly and it's up to date again.
    I donīt really get why the do it this way. The older G2/6P series was very popular BECAUSE you were able to use third party drop-ins. Still you bought it with the original SureFire drop-in. So everyone made his cut. Bought some oldschool G2s as spare carriers these days and giving the new G2x a chance now

  8. #653
    Member Ksiunc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Between vodka and appetizer.
    Posts
    342

    Default

    Nvm. 10 chars
    Last edited by Ksiunc; 07-10-2012 at 04:56 AM.

  9. #654
    Time spent on reconnaissance is seldom wasted kayaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    At the wall table of a greasy spoon cafeteria with a battered,red Mini outside..with Mary on my mind
    Age
    69
    Posts
    4,499

    Default

    Really rather fancy a legit SureFire torch. Although the Ministry of Finance won't allow me to get something new in the box I'm sure I can survive the ass chewing if I buy a second hand one. So, just in case you want to really get rid of your old Surefire G2, E2d or even aviator for a rock bottom price then shoot me a PM!

  10. #655
    Member Cougar79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    a specific position or point in physical space
    Age
    35
    Posts
    300

    Default

    Did anyone try that new SureFire R1 Lawman?

  11. #656
    Mountain Man TacoDelRio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Yosemite
    Posts
    12,702

    Default

    I just got one of them Petzl E-Lite headlamps for $20 bucks. Really nice light. Has a buncha features, and a whistle built in to the head strap adjustment thingy. I also like how you can remove the headband thing and clip the light to a pack strap or something.

    The one in the link has some sorta high speed looking new Zipka-style flippy-stretchy head thing going on.

  12. #657
    Hot Biker Dude of Death Royal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    'round and about...
    Posts
    8,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TacoDelRio View Post
    I just got one of them Petzl E-Lite headlamps for $20 bucks. Really nice light. Has a buncha features, and a whistle built in to the head strap adjustment thingy. I also like how you can remove the headband thing and clip the light to a pack strap or something.

    The one in the link has some sorta high speed looking new Zipka-style flippy-stretchy head thing going on.
    I like that alot, but I've got about half a dozen Peztls of varying ages (the oldest must be 25-years old). I'm also not sure about the elastic band/string as head strap idea. How comfortable/secure is it to wear for a couple of hours?

  13. #658
    Member dv_sudya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ukraine
    Age
    40
    Posts
    52

    Default

    For causes if helmet not needed, but light is still need. Just take off from MPLS helmets adaptor and attach to MPLS molle adaptor, fixed at eyeglass frame with rubber band. Quick, comfortable and do not add perceptible weight to eyeglasses.



  14. #659
    Time spent on reconnaissance is seldom wasted kayaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    At the wall table of a greasy spoon cafeteria with a battered,red Mini outside..with Mary on my mind
    Age
    69
    Posts
    4,499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TacoDelRio View Post
    I just got one of them Petzl E-Lite headlamps for $20 bucks. Really nice light. Has a buncha features, and a whistle built in to the head strap adjustment thingy. I also like how you can remove the headband thing and clip the light to a pack strap or something.

    The one in the link has some sorta high speed looking new Zipka-style flippy-stretchy head thing going on.
    Uncle Mike send me one. I really like mine too. Clipped to the vest and great back up for my Petz TacTikka....

  15. #660
    Peacemaker Zorro C9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    11,227

    Default

    Can anyone recommend a good name brand UV torch? Small enough to fit in a pen slot on a shirt preferably or of a size to comfortably fit in a pocket. I've seen the Streamlight ones but I don't think they're made anymore?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •