Page 72 of 77 FirstFirst ... 22626465666768697071727374757677 LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1148

Thread: Norwegian military pics

Pioneers of the Telemark batallion

From the 20th anniversary of the Telemark Batallion. Competition between the 3rd and 3th mech infantery companies.

[QUOTE=Marsuitor;6767367]M-07 is the current "in-house" name of it in the forces here in Norway. I'm afraid i don't know what fancy norse-type name it has for the%

Quote Originally Posted by Rittmester View Post
    Telemark snipers vol 2

Is there any information as to what pattern that is? Is it some experimental pattern they are testing out or something? Looks kind of interesting.

Seems like a digitalized version of their current camo, reminds me of a brighter CADPAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Rittmester View Post
    From the 20th anniversary of the Telemark Batallion. Competition between the 3rd and 3th mech infantery companies.
    "Den Grønne Leidang" is an old tradition in the battalion that involves a team from all of the battalion's companies/squadrons (1 to 5) as well as the Battalion-HQ - not just the infantry companies. The man in the green/gray t-shirt throwing the spear is the battalion-commander (who's currently on deployment to Afgh, and who spent his second leave to be with his unit during this event - bless him!). It's a yearly event around late-May/early-June, although this year it was combined with the 20th year anniversary of the activation of "old"-TMBN back in 1993.

Quote Originally Posted by Yokhanan View Post
    Is there any information as to what pattern that is? Is it some experimental pattern they are testing out or something? Looks kind of interesting.
    Cato Ringstad digital M/2000, i assume its private and not issued.

Member Shark with freaking laser's Avatar

KJK firing a Hellfire missile at a naval target.

Member Shark with freaking laser's Avatar

History time, folks!

In 1963, the Norwegian Cavalry received a total of 38 M48 Patton tanks and 2 M88 ARVs as weapons aid from the United States. I can't really put an exact date on the photo, but it must've been taken before the Pattons were upgraded to A5 standard between 1982-1985.

According to wikipedia, the Telemark battalion has only 450 troops but they seem to definitely be given loads of deployments to Afghanistan. I'm very respected (as an American) of you Vikings role in Afghanistan. Especially punching above your size in regard to many others who seemed to lack a proper usage of their troops there. How do ya think your contribution to ISAF will be looked upon when the war's all said and done?

Also the "Exit Afghanistan" series that just debuted, has that been subtitled yet or might that be a while?

Quote Originally Posted by QuaPatetOrbis View Post
    How do ya think your contribution to ISAF will be looked upon when the war's all said and done?
    I guess it will depend on the development. A majority of Norwegians with an opinion about the war, said it was right to send soldiers, in a Dec 2011 poll, but I think that could easily change the next couple of years.

Regardless of politics, I believe a large majority of Norwegians think the Norwegian Soldiers have been doing a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Dompedidomp View Post
    Regardless of politics, I believe a large majority of Norwegians think the Norwegian Soldiers have been doing a good job.

Not only a majority of Norwegians.... Many other Nations pay highest respect for the Vikings too.

Quote Originally Posted by Claudandus View Post
    Not only a majority of Norwegians.... Many other Nations pay highest respect for the Vikings too.
    Yeah gotta give it to those Vikings. For a while they were the only ones in the North actually doing anything.