Page 1306 of 1306 FirstFirst ... 306806120612561296129812991300130113021303130413051306
Results 19,576 to 19,589 of 19589

Thread: General Car Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Sashko View Post
    I wish VW would buy and streamline this mess of a brand already, leaving only the exterior design work to Italians while unleashing Audi and Porsche engineers to do mechanical.

Has mall ninja experience Sashko's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boza128 View Post

Why? Alfas are mechanical pieces of **** and have always been, but they are extremely easy on the eye.

At the rate they are going, there won't be any Alfa at all within a decade. I mean, who in their right mind would buy their current bread-and-butter Mito or Gulietta models when there are Fiesta ST and Focus ST/GTi/Mazdaspeed3 available for much cheaper and with vastly superior...everything.

Why? Alfas are mechanical pieces of **** and have always been, but they are extremely easy on the eye.
    You're joking right?

At the rate they are going, there won't be any Alfa at all within a decade. I mean, who in their right mind would buy their current bread-and-butter Mito or Gulietta models when there are Fiesta ST and Focus ST/GTi/Mazdaspeed3 available for much cheaper and with vastly superior...everything.
    Have you ever owned an Alfa? I own Alfa Romeo 156 for a year now. Bought it used with 146.000 on the clock. It's a perfect car. Not a single malfunction since I have it. People like you were telling me not to buy it. Thank God I did not listen. The guy I bought it from is from my hometown. I saw him on the streets a few days ago. He now drives 2004 BMW 520. I asked him is he pleased with BMW. He said: "It's OK, but it's not Alfa"

Anyway, Clarkson explained what Alfa means

All they gotta do is bring the freaking 159 just as it is to North America with a German i4 2.0t or i6 3.0 twin turbo engine choices mated to either DSG or 6 speed. Optional AWD would be nice. This car will sell like it's on fire. Instead they act like they don't need the money and sling a freaking Spider that nobody cares about.

I wish VW would buy and streamline this mess of a brand already, leaving only the exterior design work to Italians while unleashing Audi and Porsche engineers to do mechanical.
    yeeeah

**** that

Bush Lawyer, that's me! TheKiwi's Avatar

BMW NZ ran a "April Fools Day Special" advertisement offering the first person who showed up and "asked for Tom" to swap their existing car for a brand new 1 series.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11427050

Was just reading about the ferrari 288 evoluzione. Originally built for Group B, it got nixed with the class. Only 5 or 6 built with twin turbo intercooled 2.8 litre v-8's - its design and development led to the production of the f40.

Some info and pictures:

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/car/7...voluzione.html

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnQz3luboVE

Startup around 2:30, exhaust eventually sets off car alarms

Has mall ninja experience Sashko's Avatar

Have you ever owned an Alfa? I own Alfa Romeo 156 for a year now. Bought it used with 146.000 on the clock. It's a perfect car. Not a single malfunction since I have it. People like you were telling me not to buy it. Thank God I did not listen. The guy I bought it from is from my hometown. I saw him on the streets a few days ago. He now drives 2004 BMW 520. I asked him is he pleased with BMW. He said: "It's OK, but it's not Alfa"

2004 BMW 520

There are his problems. A two ton E60 guinea-pig powered by a lawnmower. 5 series starts at 535, preferably 550. Otherwise, go down a model and but get the top engine (i.e, 335 in this case).

Clarkson pretty much said the same thing that I did - they invoke awesome feelings (i.e., aesthetics) but leave a lot to be desired for mechanically. He can afford to fly in an entire Alfa engineering team to his house just to change a tyre, so I get his nostalgia. I miss that Eastern European gangster feel that my m-packaged 540 infused into my daily drives, but I also recognize that the quality was plain shoddy, despite all the character and soul in the world.

If you live in Serbia, then you put as much mileage on a car in a year as I put in a month. I don't think that any Alfa in their current form would last 30k km/year tempo coupled with -30C winters. If they are already troublesome in very mild Euro climates with silky smooth roads, the older Alfas will croak in the first winter here guaranteed.

The only car in my life I miss is 156, tho it was constantly desintegrating around me piece by piece.

best car!
    my 2011 ford's crown victoria

For any of you who have a Crown Vic, Grand Marquis and Town Car, the built in time dependent water leak on the right front floor is easy to fix. The fresh air inlet is under the right lower windshield molding. This inlet has a plastic water dam around it with a foam rubber gasket. This gasket shrinks and hardens with age and heat, sometimes starts leaking within months of purchase. You may not see the leak but it's there, no doubt, you carpet insulation on the right front is wet.

Remove the molding, unbolt the rain guard, remove the old gasket from the guard and the cowl, clean the cowl area, install a 5 mm bead of windshield tape around the base of the guard, reinstall the rain guard and molding and it's instantly repaired for the next century. Make sure you gently press the guard in place during installation, this seats the windshield tape and seals the area.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostt888 View Post
    Here is a bit of Ford love from me to you ATC

Attachment 229618
    bruh whats with the decals?
    Last edited by AroundTheCorner; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:00 AM.

new Škoda Fabia R5 officially revealed and homologated by FIA

^^ Oh no VW does the Audi

modern reincarnation of legendary Škoda Š110R and race version Š130RS has become reality and is coming to limited production of 30 examples under name R200 Non-Fiction