Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Req- Please post any picture of Egyptian military forces

Default Req- Please post any picture of Egyptian military forces

Pictures of the Egyptian military (recent ones) are very hard to find, and i would appreciate it if you post any you have or find in this thread

I do bad things to bad people Dispatcher's Avatar

Well....

Try here. Its called;

And offcourse the most underestimated tool of this board;

Some pictures from Fresh.co.il that were posted by cre666.

Hopping from FOB to FOB in a big ass MRAP

Type in "Bright Star" for your google search and some good stuff might come up.

thanks alot i found a few my self and will post them soon

Quote Originally Posted by tanks_alot View Post
    Some pictures from Fresh.co.il that were posted by cre666.

What's that? Stretched T-55?

Unicus Ac Immortalis II Dark Avenger's Avatar

Yes, kind of: The Ramses II upgrade program (not adopted) that involved bringing the T-55 up to the level of the M60A3 by fitting a M68 gun, new FCS, AVDS-1790 engine, new suspension and other improvements.
    Just visible is the Egyptian proposal for a T-34-85 modernization that involved mostly automotive improvements (engine from T-55) and sand skirts.
    Hede's another photo:
    Last edited by Dark Avenger; 12-04-2007 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Added photo

Thanks, Dark Avenger! That helped me to google a little more, but obviously you already said everything that is known. Just one more thing that makes me curious: Did they call it "Ramses II" simply because of the old King/Pharaoh of the same name or does there actually exist a tank called "Ramses 1"?

I believe that it was named after the Pharaoh Ramses II.
    Forgot to mention that field trials proved that it was a more nimble tank than the M60A3 due to a better power-to-weight ratio and that the newer FCS gave it a better hit probability.

Bar Fly, Junior Sleuth and MP.Net flat-pack furniture consultant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Avenger View Post
    Yes, kind of: The Ramses II upgrade program (not adopted) that involved bringing the T-55 up to the level of the M60A3 by fitting a M68 gun, new FCS, AVDS-1790 engine, new suspension and other improvements.
    Just visible is the Egyptian proposal for a T-34-85 modernization that involved mostly automotive improvements (engine from T-55) and sand skirts.
    Hede's another photo:
    Got any pics of the upgraded T-34?

I was sure I had one in my HDD, but can't find it. So you'll have to wait until a friend of mine scans the image from a book he borrowed from me. When I get his email, I'll post it here.

Some Ramses II data from www.army-guide.com
    In November 1984, Teledyne Continental Motors (taken over by General Dynamics Land Systems) of the USA was awarded a contract to upgrade the firepower and mobility of a single T-54 MBT. This was originally called the T-54E but was subsequently renamed Ramses II. The first prototype of the Ramses II was sent to Egypt for extensive firepower and mobility trials in January 1987 and these were completed in late 1987. Late in 1989, Egypt signed a technical assistance agreement with TCM to support continued Egyptian testing of the Ramses II, with testing commencing in the summer of 1990. By 1998, the Ramses II MBT upgraded MBT had not entered production/upgrade for the Egyptian Army.
    The rear hull has been modified to accommodate the new power pack consisting of a TCM AVDS-1790-5A turbocharged diesel developing 908 bhp (which has 80 per cent commonality with the engine installed in the M60A3 MBT) coupled to a Renk RK-304 transmission. Two new exhaust pipes, one either side of the hull rear, replace the single exhaust outlet in the left side of the hull.
    The original suspension has been replaced by new General Dynamics Land Systems, Model 2880 in-arm hydropneumatic suspension units each fitted with an M48-type roadwheel, idler at the front, large drive sprocket at the rear, two new track-return rollers and US pattern tracks replacing the original Russian tracks.
    A SABCA Titan Mk 1 laser fire-control system has been installed which includes a modified Avimo TL10-T sight incorporating the laser range-finder and an integrated in-eyepiece CRT alphanumeric graphic display. The fire-control system also includes an original SABCA double digital processor, an image intensification periscopic night sight, automatic attitude and atmospheric sensors and associated control boxes.
    The gun and turret stabilisation system are provided by HR Textron Incorporated of the United States.
    Other modifications include a fire detection and suppression system, new final drives, new fuel tanks, new air filtration system, British Blair Catton tracks, new communications system and a new turret basket.
    The original 100 mm gun has been replaced by the 105 mm M68 ordnance which is already fitted in Egyptian M60A3 MBTs, the original breech of the 100 mm DT-10T gun has been retained and modified and the recoil system has also been modified. A muzzle reference system is fitted as standard and an M60 day/ night searchlight is mounted over the 105 mm gun.
    Mounted either side of the turret is a bank of four electrically operated smoke dischargers. A collective type NBC system has been installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Avenger View Post
    I was sure I had one in my HDD, but can't find it. So you'll have to wait until a friend of mine scans the image from a book he borrowed from me. When I get his email, I'll post it here.
    Thanks! Really appreciate it!

OK, here goes.

(M109-based SP-122 on the left )

Awesome thanks!

You are welcome mate!