Thread: ROK(South Korea) Armed Forces pics and videos

the Holy Imperial States of Earth, Universe is ours!

ROKN arrived to the scene and only thing they noticed was white smoke coming out from the ship. There's no suspicious pirate mothership, and no sign of both pirates and crews. High chance that crews are safe in the saferoom, and pirates are either ran away or still in the ship.

[CENTER][SIZE=5]Indian Navy picks Korean Kangnam’s mine hunters[/SIZE][/CENTER]

The Indian Navy has decided on its choice for a Mine Counter Measures Vessel [MCMV]. The navy and the defense ministry have identified South Korea’s Kangnam Corporation as the L1 vendor [lowest bidding and technically qualified] for the procurement of eight such vessels. Italy’s Intermarine, which was also part of the technically qualified shortlist, was beaten by Kangnam on price when the commercial bids were opened.

While the Contract Negotiation Committee [CNC] still has to conclude a final agreement on the price with the vendor, it is expected to be in the region of USD 670 million [INR 3000 Crore].

Two MCMVs will be built in South Korea, while the remaining six will be built by Goa Shipyard Limited [GSL] under Licensed Production by Transfer of Technology.

MCMVs are warships that combine the roles of mine sweepers and mine hunters and in terms of capability, lie somewhere in between these two types of vessels.

The US had offered India two of its decommissioned Osprey-class mine hunters last year, after India expressed interest in April, 2005. But there has not yet been any movement on this and it is open to question whether India retains any interest in the Ospreys, especially after the Korean order.

Kangnam Corporation will have to deliver the first two MCMVs by 2016, after which, user trials and acceptance will take place. GSL is to complete delivery of the license-produced six by 2018.

Thailand/Land of military coup,General's golfplayer and the most constitution in the world 555.

Question Question

Do you had about Korean military combat uniform website?
    Please tell me because I'm interested in Korean military combat uniform.
    I like about like this Korean military combat uniform webs http://devgru.hihome.com/ http://phoc6.hihome.com/ but it's dead webs.

Quote Originally Posted by sepia View Post
    I like about like this Korean military combat uniform webs http://devgru.hihome.com/ http://phoc6.hihome.com/ but it's dead webs.
    Can't find one. Anyways, I'll try to list, but is going to take while since Korea uses too many uniforms.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by flanker7 View Post
    Aren't they essentially modified Burkes?
    Not AT all. The ship was designed in SK. Lockheed Martin wanted SK to simply use blueprint of Burkes to cut cost and risk but SK said no thanks. I think the only major US component is the AEGIS system. It even has Goalkeeper, the Dutch close-in weapon system (CIWS), instead of Phalanx.

All SK capital ships had Goalkeeper installed for CIWS. Since Goalkeeper production has cased, SK started starting putting Phalanx, like the new frigates just being built (20 planned)

http://defenceforumindia.com/showthr...t=21223&page=1

Currently, Korea sells USAS-12 to law enforcements only. It is illegal for USAS-12 on civilican hands after US listed the weapon as destructive device.

Hey, I reasd recently that South Korea hoped to sell it's T-50s to the US in exchange for F35s. Would this mean the end of the FA50 program?

Quote Originally Posted by Dankster View Post
    Hey, I reasd recently that South Korea hoped to sell it's T-50s to the US in exchange for F35s. Would this mean the end of the FA50 program?
    The trade is not official, but just mentioned in the National Assembly. FA-50 is to replace F-5E/F, and the first flight is expected in this month.
    By the way, Lockheed-Martin gains $1.5 million for each T-50 produced, so the company earned $90 million so far.
    Last edited by Kadrun; 05-03-2011 at 06:38 PM.

Ah well FA-50 made first flight few hours ago.

More pics from A'stan

Quote Originally Posted by sepia View Post
    Since you asked for it.
    I posted uniforms that are currently issued and used widely

standard uniform, issued to every ROK soldiers, will be replaced soon

Iraq War uniform, used by ROK soldiers in Iraq, currently used for trainee

standard uniform for counter-terrorism units

used by CCT and SART, currently in replace

used by various special forces (mainly SWC) and overseas dispatched troops

some of uniforms used by UDT/SEALs (they wear whatever they want and no one cares)

new uniform that will replace current uniform for Army, Air Force, and maybe Navy

new uniform that will replace current uniform for Marine, and maybe Navy

and one of uniforms that our beloved HID, UDU, OSI, and MIU gangstas (at least 60% out of 13,000 killed in action) wear although they love going war with civilian clothes
    Last edited by Kadrun; 05-04-2011 at 02:30 AM.

God, I wish someone would pop Kim Who Flung Dung a new glory hole right in the forehead. Back to the 40 ounce!