Thread: ROK(South Korea) Armed Forces pics and videos

Ok, it seems Chamsuri class is not PKG which stands for Patrol Killer Guided e.g. Gumdoksuri class (referring to Kadrun's previous question; I mistook PKG for Patrol Killer Gun), but rather PKM, which stands for Patrol Killer Medium. There is also a PKMM class, which means Patrol Killer Medium Missile. Sounds the same as PKG to me, though. But I'll have to follow the proper definition nonetheless.

This is the Mandau class of KRI, an enlarged subclass of Chamsuri PKM that was outfitted with more powerful armaments. If all our Chamsuri PKMs were actually Mandau PKMMs... that would truly have been a sight to behold during the second battle of Yeonpyeong.

This is the Girugi class PKMM, another subclass of Chamsuri PKM, a bit smaller and older.

They are all retired now. But it shows that a Chamsuri-sized ship can accommodate AshM. It makes me wonder what layout PKX-B is going to follow - PKG, PKM, or PKMM. The ship's surely going to be bigger than Chamsuri, and that gives room for guided missiles.

It resembles another refueling operation somewhere far away...

As I was able to find out, it's the Hyundai-built HMNZS Endeavour. It seems to hold a few hundred tons more of fuel than the Cheonji class AOE.

Here's another picture of a Korean AOE in service with Venezuela navy peacefully sailing the Caribbean:

And Hanjin's KD Sri Indera Sakti with Malaysia... I don't know exactly if it's a refueling ship though.

Some more images of previously introduced export ships (Tanjung Dalpele, Makassar, Bangabandhu):

Some of these stuffs look cooler than what we have in the same class. Bangabandhu on its own for example was probably fit to serve as FFX already with just a bit more upgraded versions of its current armaments and subsystems. What's more, this thing is already a decade old... it was ripe for milking for so many years. A shame, as we could have given ROKN these ships too and sell off our decommissioned ships to whoever might have a convenient use for them.

And perhaps our shipbuilders are happy to be selling another package of LPDs to the Philippines and Malaysia now. But we need to look at our own inventories too. The Gojunbong class LST that ROKMC still uses provide a very discouraging amphibious capability by today's standard, while our own LPD projects are kept being delayed, and our Cheonji class AOEs need their big brothers now seeing how our destroyers have grown in size. If there's a reason why Cheonji class are pictured refueling only up to KDX-II, it's because KDX-III are too big for Cheonji's meager combat support to be meaningful anymore. We have to stop looking for just shiny gold coins, and start looking at who prowl the seas around us more carefully, and diligently finalize our plans for the much needed evolution of our Navy.

Btw Kadrun, do you think this is the same girl as the first girl you had posted?

Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

the Holy Imperial States of Earth, Universe is ours!

^
    I don't think so.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ROK Armed Forces' boss in A'stan & etc
    I see K11 in A'stan

Yes, I'm a chick BearInBunnySuit's Avatar

nm[*******white]........[/COLOR]

ROK government considers preparing about $2 trillion for reunification cost by increasing tax. This is little less than 1.5 years of Korea's GDP.

That's President 2MB's idea. I don't think his new taxation plan is mutually attainable with his 7-4-7 plans; 7% annual GDP growth, $40,000 GDP per capita, and world's 7th largest exporter by the time he leaves his office. We are still running at 5.8~6% GDP growth, $29,500 USD, and world's 8th largest exporter. Higher savings rate/less disposable income = less consumer spendings = drop in economic production. He has 4 years to keep the promise he made during his candidacy. Well even if he does pull through with all his ideas, I think the next President will likely ruin it again.

8 inch guns. Any idea what those two ballistic missiles are far back?

MIM-23 Hawk?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambassador View Post

They are Honest John, more of a rocket similar to FROG than Scud, although some of my source say RoK may have fitted them with guidance system.
    Those rocket were originally designed to be fitted with tactical nuclear warhead.

The front guns look like M-110, 203mm, but the back ones look like M-107, 175mm

Quote Originally Posted by Kadrun View Post
    ROK government considers preparing about $2 trillion for reunification cost by increasing tax. This is little less than 1.5 years of Korea's GDP.
    Yeah, that fund is going to be siphoned off if it ever really becomes available. I see the validity of having such reserves, but I don't see lot of people trusting the government with that kind of monetary reserves. Most people I've seen just laughed.

T-50B for Black Eagles team.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambassador View Post
    It seems like MGR-1 Honest John

EDIT:didn't know it was already answerd
    Last edited by eluphant21; 08-16-2010 at 07:54 AM.

Yes it seems so.