Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: Mega eyewear sticky thread.

www.wileyx.com

is a decent one, but the goggle type glasses generally have problems fogging up, at least mine did at airborne school. I can run a marathon in them in California without them fogging but thats because California is awesome and Georgia is . . . Georgia.

also try searching for ESS they have some too.

The best is of course Oakley, but some units still have issue with soldiers using what works as opposed to what has been issued. There also might be unit SOP regarding other glasses, like no polarized lenses, must be all black frames or something like that which makes more sense than a general ban.

Banned user

Thanks, but I was refering to the ones they give you at boot camp. Or Birth Control Glasses.
    (this isn't a pic of me btw)

Wait, do you want a replacement, or do you want to upgrade?

You could get MAG-I Combat eyewear, which is whats worn by airborne/Rangers.

Like pictured here:
    http://risto.paavo-ilmari.net/UglyMug.jpg

Don't lie...that's you!
    I'd get Lasik! With those glasses you'll never get laid...except by someone wearing similiar glasses. Falls into a whole new category of "Don't ask, don't tell!"

Wiley X makes good glasses...try those.

Why do you want them? For wearing, or just to have around? I may be able to obtain some.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddo36
    Thanks, but I was refering to the ones they give you at boot camp. Or Birth Control Glasses.
    (this isn't a pic of me btw)

You get that pic off the DoD forums?

Default Wiley X Glasses

Just lookin' for some feedback. I'm looking into the following models:

XL-1:

SG-1:

PT-1:

They will be used most often for casual wear outdoors, usually hunting/hiking, so I'm looking for something that doesn't fog up or scratch super easy, yet doesn't look like a pair of BCG's.

Anyone know which would be the better pair from personal experience?

Thanks

I picked up a pair of Wiley X CQC goggles for someone in OMFGDELTA!!!111 - can you wait for a few months on feedback

This is the image of it with the included dark lens on - the goofy snap on wings on the side should be thrown back in the box.

These still fog just a bit, but personally, I haven't had a pair of goggles that didn't fog on me. The absense of foam is also a breath of fresh air - I personally liked these a lot and they sit on my face like an ummaa... ummma... yeah - that good

I have another pair on order - I can bring it if it arrives before the Kali Meet...

Do you ever sleep?
    Last edited by StukaJr; 11-17-2005 at 05:59 AM.

Ah, sorry mate - didn't see the "casual" bit... Walking around like you got ski goggles on is not very casual... Maybe Delta Casual!

I have SG-1s... I cut some of the foam seal out around the lenses, but they still fog up easily. If you don't need a prescription, I think your best bet is to buy some $10 sunglasses at the drugstore.

I've got the Xl 1. Cut the foam out and they fog less. I like the glasses!

i had the sg 1 i sold them wasnt happy with them for the $. got ess nvg's instead they are sweet, once you take the foam out.

Time spent on reconnaissance is seldom wasted kayaker's Avatar
    At the wall table of a greasy spoon cafeteria with a battered,red Mini outside..with Mary on my mind

Got myself a pair of sunnies. Real dissapointed with them. within three months lenses clipped out and side logo´s fell off. Thank god I bought them in the sale. Previous ones lasted for months..they were made by NEXT and suffered all sorts of abuse on the farm and the beach.

Yeah the SG-1's fog up like crazy and are just about worthless. The lenses keep falling out on mine. And not the snap in inserts, the LENSE falls out, leaving the foam and frame still on the glasses. I'm just glad they were free. When I'm out on patrol, or at home, I wear my Oakleys. I've got a set of the ballistic M-frames(for outside the wire), and a polarized set of A-wires. No problems at all with any of them.

wood pressed up against my cheek

Try some Cat Crap on your SG-1 lenses, it should help reduce fogging.

http://www.catcrap.com/