Thread: MPnet geek support

Quote Originally Posted by Fade View Post
    We are restricted to two IPs, but should it matter if we network in through one? It shares over the network, and can proxy for HTTP, FTP, SOCKS etc it just can't get internet access via network through the Host. Buying a router isn't really an option right now either.
    There is an option in Windows 7 and xp for that matter, called shared Internet connection using ICS (Internet Connection Sharing), this might solve your problem with IP restrictions and using a hub.

Quote Originally Posted by CPL Trevoga View Post
    I'm sure it's the issue with encoding. What if you change encoding to Unicode or Windows Cyrilic? Also your source files is ANSI only, not Unicode.
    tried all of them. It's a problem with the coding.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    This is weird, there is no Advanced tab in the mouse menu. Let me re-install the touchpad driver and I'll try that.
    There might be a application that it also needed to bring up these advanced features including the driver. People doing fresh installs of OS's on laptops often leave out custom track-pad software because the simple features just work on first install.

Making Canadians look bad sepheronx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWalker View Post
    Hey Guys. I am having terrible trouble trying to get Russian language to show up inside the actual blog, Russian shows up in the categories, but not in the actual blog entry. I am hosting it on my own domain, and on my own rented hosting, I followed the instructions, I uploaded the .mo files and I updated the php file. But apparently I am doing something wrong. I have never used WP before, and I have never been any good with even the basics of PHP. Now when I tried manipulating the php file a little bit more, the Russian language disappeared even from the categories. I don't know what else to do.
    [IMG]http://i55.*******.com/15amhfdotjpg[/IMG]
    You are using wordpress? What module are you trying to use?

Simple problem guys(probably)
    ITunes keep going into the first time wizard everytime i start it up(asking me what audio files i want it to look for to put in library). While i still can get to my tracks, it's getting a bit annoying. Anyone know how i fix this/turn this off?

Since iTunes is a really crappy player in general I can't say I'm not suprised that you're experiencing something like this.
    Tried to make sure that the media files' directories aren't screwed up?

Or just tried a plain re-install after registry keys removed?

Hocus Pocus Diplodocus the Psychic Dinosaur

We've just installed a gsm internet arrangement on our Vista (home) laptop. It also has wireless ethernet which was working well for printing to the network printer when we still used the adsl setup. Now, we can have either wireless ethernet or the gsm internet ; not both!

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by sepheronx View Post
    You are using wordpress? What module are you trying to use?
    Module? What? I don't know what a module is. Here are my options

Quote Originally Posted by Müller View Post
    Since iTunes is a really crappy player in general I can't say I'm not suprised that you're experiencing something like this.
    Tried to make sure that the media files' directories aren't screwed up?

Or just tried a plain re-install after registry keys removed?
    I'm using win7, so the music is in a file referenced in a library which is used as a reference for ITunes. All the music used in ITunes is in the same spot, and everythig plays just fine, it's just that ITunes runs first time user setup everytime i start it. It's like it doesn't get that i'm not a new user. McAfee cleans out my registry, but i doubt it'd recognize a itunes key as a junk entry..

Bush Lawyer, that's me! TheKiwi's Avatar
    Plotting to take control of the Organic Farming Board of Cumberland

Quote Originally Posted by wagon View Post
    We've just installed a gsm internet arrangement on our Vista (home) laptop. It also has wireless ethernet which was working well for printing to the network printer when we still used the adsl setup. Now, we can have either wireless ethernet or the gsm internet ; not both!

Any ideas?
    Do both connections have a "gateway" address? I'm guessing that the local wireless doesn't (probably correct), but that means that traffic for it is being sent via the GSM device. You may have to look at manually adding a route to your routing table, a process so painful, my fingers are bleeding just from typing it.

What? Configuring routing tables are fun.
    As long as it's on a Cisco Switch or Router :P

Bush Lawyer, that's me! TheKiwi's Avatar
    Plotting to take control of the Organic Farming Board of Cumberland

Oh good, you know what you're talking about. That means that if Wagon comes back and says "tell me how", I can make it your problem...

Quote Originally Posted by TheKiwi View Post
    Do both connections have a "gateway" address? I'm guessing that the local wireless doesn't (probably correct), but that means that traffic for it is being sent via the GSM device. You may have to look at manually adding a route to your routing table, a process so painful, my fingers are bleeding just from typing it.
    If his wireless LAN has no gateway he would still be able to print (due to all traffic on the same subnet not needing a gateway), he couldn't access the internet though. When he says that he can do 'one' or the 'other' it means the Wireless Gateway probably has an incorrect gateway as opposed to none. Both devices are probably giving DHCP with differing values or something, the wireless probably has his old ADSL configuration.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKiwi View Post
    Oh good, you know what you're talking about. That means that if Wagon comes back and says "tell me how", I can make it your problem...
    I am Cisco CCNA certified ;P
    But that don't mean that we really should get details on his routing tables. Eventhough we seem like good guys, we might take advantage of such information (never trust no one on the interwebz with sensitive info regarding your personal network setups).

And yes, you can make it my problem :P

Quote Originally Posted by Müller View Post
    I am Cisco CCNA certified ;P
    You poor bastard.

Endless routing tables and ACL's is the equivalent to accounting of the IT world.