Page 99 of 109 FirstFirst ... 4989919293949596979899100101102103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1633

Thread: US. Army 75th. Ranger Regiment thread.

What's the hand held device that is seen to the right of the 1st and last picture? timer?

Quote Originally Posted by cbreedon View Post
    What's the hand held device that is seen to the right of the 1st and last picture? timer?
    Shot timer.

Keeping it in the family pascalywood's Avatar
    In your car, wishing you had a better car.

Yeah it looks like a shooting timer.

Banned user

nice grip on the rifles, good to see they keep an eye on newest shooting techniques! (however, I still love my grip pod even if I can´t reach exactly the same palm position with that)

So I guess the Rangers are using Glocks now too.

How long before they replace the M9 in general, if this is any indication?

75th Ranger Regiment Change of Command

Col. Christopher Vanek assumes command of the 75th Ranger Regiment from Col. Mark Odom, July 25.

Lt. Gen. Joseph L. Votel, former 75th Ranger Regiment commanding officer, passes the Regimental Colors to Col. Christopher S. Vanek, assuming command of the 75th Ranger Regiment, during a change of command ceremony at the National Infantry Museum, July 25.

Col. Christopher S. Vanek, 75th Ranger Regiment commanding officer, salutes the Rangers of the Regiment during the change of command's pass and review at the National Infantry Museum, July 25.

(From left to right) Col. Christopher S. Vanek, incoming 75th Ranger Regiment commanding officer, Lt. Col. Joseph Ewers, 75th Ranger Regiment executive officer, and Col. Mark W. Odom, outgoing 75th Ranger Regiment commanding officer, conduct an inspection of troops during the change of command ceremony at the National Infantry Museum, July 25.

Col. Mark W. Odom, outgoing 75th Ranger Regiment commanding officer, passes the Regimental Colors to Lt. Gen. Joseph L. Votel, former 75th Ranger Regiment commanding officer, during the change of command ceremony at the National Infantry Museum, July 25.

Rangers stand in formation during the 75th Ranger Regiment change of command at the National Infantry Museum, July 25.

Col. Mark W. Odom, outgoing 75th Ranger Regiment commanding officer, addresses Rangers of the Regiment and those in attendance during the Regiment's change of command ceremony at the National Infantry Museum, July 25.

Banned user

Cool, officer with Czech roots commanding 75th!!!

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool recce View Post
    nice grip on the rifles, good to see they keep an eye on newest shooting techniques! (however, I still love my grip pod even if I can´t reach exactly the same palm position with that)
    Just an FYI, it's not exactly a new technique, it's been around for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by santana View Post
    Ranger Rendezvous 2013

Is that a PNVG battery Pack? Looks like it to me, or am I just not educated enough on NVG's?

Quote Originally Posted by raven111 View Post
    So I guess the Rangers are using Glocks now too.

How long before they replace the M9 in general, if this is any indication?
    The M9 is not going anywhere. Big Army isn't switching, we are still issued them in Army SF (save for a very select few), and there is no mention of a replacement on the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
    Is that a PNVG battery Pack? Looks like it to me, or am I just not educated enough on NVG's?
    I think it's a more generic counterweight holder.

LPBP (Low Profile Battery Pack)

I have no doubt that when I get ready to retire in 11+ years, I'll still be carrying an M9 to the range.

A Ranger sniper team from 2nd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment, practices their marksmanship skills on a range in Afghanistan prior to conducting a night combat operation, June 26, 2013. (U.S. Army photo by Spc. Matthew R. Hulett)