Page 45 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3537383940414243444546474849505152535595 ... LastLast

Thread: US. Army 75th. Ranger Regiment thread.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiTerrorist View Post
    Hey man, I think you missed his point. There are questions that are relevant such as those that pertain to someone interested in joining or MAYBE even a unit enthusiast. Then there are questions that are borderline immature and completely without an answer such as unit **** measuring, especially by those who have no first hand knowledge but throw in their baseless speculations anyway. Take a hint from those who have btdt, do they go around ranking different sof units? Just remember that no matter what you think you may know, unless you have first hand experience, you don't know. Don't take this as a slam, just a little heads up...
    where was it where i said i had first hand knowledge and made baseless speculation on anything? i simply asked a question, if you think it is stupid dont answer it.

2/75, Ocean Venture '81:

Quote Originally Posted by Yoni-R View Post
    where was it where i said i had first hand knowledge and made baseless speculation on anything? i simply asked a question, if you think it is stupid dont answer it.

Well, I can't say I didn't try to help you...

One of those guys appears to be wearing BDUs and not jungle cammies...didn't realize Battalion was using M-14s in 81 as well.

This really doesn't apply to the thread all too much, but I got a chance to handle (but not shoot) the civilian version of the SCAR-L today. My impressions were that 1: the ergonomics are great...no effort wasted to make it look good, just functionality. 2: handling a weapon that is fully ambidextrous (I'm lefty) was downright heavenly. I could do everything I'd need without moving my firing hand a bit, it was great. The stock is also really nice, adjustments are in much smaller increments than the M4. it was right out of the box, and therefore a bit stiff in the bolt/other moving pieces, but it just feels like its ready to shoot.

Rangers of Takur Ghar fame. From left to right: DePouli, Gilliam, Totten-Lancaster.

Ranger Miceli on Takur Ghar

Nice ones, thanks for sharing.

wow thats an amazing photo! especially when you think what happened there...

I was wondering, how common is it for foreign allies to come over to American and qualify for Rangers? I have heard of it for Special Forces (Naval Diving Unit guy going for a Green Beret course), but never for Rangers. Can anyone help me clarify? Thx.

Waywickedcool Federal Ninja Laconian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by goat89 View Post
    I was wondering, how common is it for foreign allies to come over to American and qualify for Rangers? I have heard of it for Special Forces (Naval Diving Unit guy going for a Green Beret course), but never for Rangers. Can anyone help me clarify? Thx.
    The Army has traditionally had exchange programs with other nations: officer attend the (what used to be called) Basic and Advanced Courses, C&GS, the War College, Airborne, Ranger, etc. Some units (line and school units) maintain liaison slots for staff members with foreign nsations.

There is urban legend that these guys will always graduate based on the occurence that a foreign exchange soldier washed out of Ranger school was sent home and when he got there was executed for bringing shame on the country/family. I had foreign exchange officers in both Infantry Basic and Advanced Courses and Airborne.

Portuguese SF Major with the US Airborne/Ranger/SF tab:

I've seen a few older guys in the CF that have a Ranger Scroll. Not many. My section comd on my first tour had the French Commando badge.

Quote Originally Posted by trunk_munkey28 View Post
    I've seen a few older guys in the CF that have a Ranger Scroll. Not many. My section comd on my first tour had the French Commando badge.

They weren't wearing the Ranger Scroll as that is the unit SSI. They had the Ranger Tab for completing Ranger School.

Theres quite a few guys in the CF with the tab aswell as US Jump Wings(making jumps with US Jumpmasters an kit, not going through BAC)

Am I a man? Negative, I am a meat popsicle. ϟ☭ϟ

When I was at IMLC at Benning in 06, the first Iraqi Army guy passed Ranger School.

Quote Originally Posted by DnA View Post
    They weren't wearing the Ranger Scroll as that is the unit SSI. They had the Ranger Tab for completing Ranger School.

Theres quite a few guys in the CF with the tab aswell as US Jump Wings(making jumps with US Jumpmasters an kit, not going through BAC)
    Right, was trying to remember Tab vs Scroll. 50/50 chance, and I failed... I'll be in the corner doing burpees.