Page 44 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3436373839404142434445464748495051525494 ... LastLast

Thread: US. Army 75th. Ranger Regiment thread.

Defender of the Man Code

Quote Originally Posted by Yoni-R View Post
    is there one SF in the US army/navy/AF which is considered the most elite in each? for example in the IDF its widely considered that sayeret matkal, shayetet 13 and shaldag are the 'best of the best'.
    Everyone has their own missions and jobs to do, it's hard and not a little unfair to compare them IMHO.

is there one SF in the US army/navy/AF which is considered the most elite in each? for example in the IDF its widely considered that sayeret matkal, shayetet 13 and shaldag are the 'best of the best'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry301 View Post
    You would be wrong in your thinking to begin with. Green Berets, Rangers, Pararescue, and SEALs are not interchangable, altho all are well trained for their jobs. Each brings a different set of skills to the battle.

Mistakes in the past have been made by higher ups (who had little knowledge of SF capabilities) in believing one group if so well trained would be twice as good when used in a Ranger type action. It caused a number of very specially trained troops to meet a premature death. Its happened several times and SFs have protested loudly and rightly so.

The choosing of the best of the best is now done by people in the know who understand the unique capabilities of each unit, and sometimes of units within units. ( you cannot parachute out of a jet at 30,000 ft, unless you are properly qualified, cannot break into a house and perform close combat at night to kill a target, cannot perform a hostage rescue, blow up a ship, snip at a target, or sit for days on end giving intellegence, while directing preditor aircraft from a 15,000 ft mountain in the middle of winter, on a target, unless you are qualified.)

One group cannot substitute for another. The choices are made by who is available with the skills needed to get the job done.

very nice pic! push for this team!

You know, when I was 13/14/15 years old I was pretty concerned with dumb questions like these. I think you'd find if you were to ever get into a so called 'elite' unit that these questions wouldn't really mean anything to you anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    You know, when I was 13/14/15 years old I was pretty concerned with dumb questions like these. I think you'd find if you were to ever get into a so called 'elite' unit that these questions wouldn't really mean anything to you anymore.
    ...Because your focus suddenly becomes getting up to speed with your unit... Trust me, not that long ago I was focused on these same kinds of questions, 'who's the most badass?' but now I'm trying to become able at what it is my unit does. There are many SOF units capable of DA, but Ranger's are the Army's premier raid force. It's a hard mindset to describe, I know I didn't used to have it. Just stop concerning over who is the best, because it all depends on the task at hand.

You know, when i was 13/14/15 years old I would also give people **** for asking questions they genuinely didnt know the answer to. I think you'd find if you didnt ask questions, you wouldnt find answers, whether you think they are meaningless or not is irrelevent to me.

Hey man, I think you missed his point. There are questions that are relevant such as those that pertain to someone interested in joining or MAYBE even a unit enthusiast. Then there are questions that are borderline immature and completely without an answer such as unit **** measuring, especially by those who have no first hand knowledge but throw in their baseless speculations anyway. Take a hint from those who have btdt, do they go around ranking different sof units? Just remember that no matter what you think you may know, unless you have first hand experience, you don't know. Don't take this as a slam, just a little heads up...

Default just be a friend

<P>
    </P>

I think be a friend for join this thread "US. Army 75th. Ranger Regiment "I have time troble for differeential 12 hrs(taiwan & amarica ),maybe a unit enthusiast can be good friends ,so you are big man!

sorry ! i missed your point . I would hope holding a unit enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by fieldbow View Post
    I think be a friend for join this thread "US. Army 75th. Ranger Regiment "I have time troble for differeential 12 hrs(taiwan & amarica ),maybe a unit enthusiast can be good friends ,so you are big man!

sorry ! i missed your point . I would hope holding a unit enthusiast
    Omega7-ish...

Quote Originally Posted by AntiTerrorist View Post
    Hey man, I think you missed his point. There are questions that are relevant such as those that pertain to someone interested in joining or MAYBE even a unit enthusiast. Then there are questions that are borderline immature and completely without an answer such as unit **** measuring, especially by those who have no first hand knowledge but throw in their baseless speculations anyway. Take a hint from those who have btdt, do they go around ranking different sof units? Just remember that no matter what you think you may know, unless you have first hand experience, you don't know. Don't take this as a slam, just a little heads up...
    where was it where i said i had first hand knowledge and made baseless speculation on anything? i simply asked a question, if you think it is stupid dont answer it.

2/75, Ocean Venture '81:

where was it where i said i had first hand knowledge and made baseless speculation on anything? i simply asked a question, if you think it is stupid dont answer it.

Well, I can't say I didn't try to help you...

One of those guys appears to be wearing BDUs and not jungle cammies...didn't realize Battalion was using M-14s in 81 as well.

This really doesn't apply to the thread all too much, but I got a chance to handle (but not shoot) the civilian version of the SCAR-L today. My impressions were that 1: the ergonomics are great...no effort wasted to make it look good, just functionality. 2: handling a weapon that is fully ambidextrous (I'm lefty) was downright heavenly. I could do everything I'd need without moving my firing hand a bit, it was great. The stock is also really nice, adjustments are in much smaller increments than the M4. it was right out of the box, and therefore a bit stiff in the bolt/other moving pieces, but it just feels like its ready to shoot.

Rangers of Takur Ghar fame. From left to right: DePouli, Gilliam, Totten-Lancaster.

Ranger Miceli on Takur Ghar