Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Standard US soldier Equiment?

Default Standard US soldier Equiment?

Search didn't come up with anything really useful...

Any way, to the point. I've always wondered what gear\equipment a standard American soldier carries in his vent and generally on him. Such as the required number of magazines, any type of first aid gear and anything else: knife\multi-tool, type of drinking device, etc. A detailed list would be great. Also, common gear which soldiers keep which is not mandatory.

Plus, do tankers carry anything extra\different than infantry?

Thanks.

P.S: sorry for the weird English. And no, I'm not an airsoft player (or whatever the term is), just an Israeli soldier interested in comparing between what the israeli soldier has as standard gear and the American.
    Last edited by LlON; 06-02-2008 at 07:33 PM.

Canteen/CamelBack for sure, I think the CamelBack though is just an approved piece of gear, I think the canteens are mandatory. In Gulf War 1 NBC suit and gas mask were standard, I think in the beginning of Gulf War 2 as well. 7 M16 mags are standard, although those are usually expanded upon. Helmet + OTV/IOTV. There's more, that's just off the top of my head.

"It's a Toyota D*ckhead" Beowulf's Avatar

I don't anticipate that this will go well.

Gear is mission specific.l.
    Last edited by digrar; 06-07-2008 at 06:47 AM.

Beowulf - Why is that?

By the way, is it true that soldiers do not pickup and reuse their magazines when emptied? or is it just a Israeli stigma about Americans

Plus, don't you carry any sort of binding gear for prisoners?

edit: Am i just asking the wrong people, or is the information i'm asking just "classified"? what am i missing?

Yeah we just leave magazines all over the place like little litter bugs. You should see the range. It's covered in mags.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianT View Post
    Yeah we just leave magazines all over the place like little litter bugs. You should see the range. It's covered in mags.
    Well, I ain't talking about the range of course. But it is some sort of image there is about American soldiers, no offense of course

Quote Originally Posted by LlON View Post
    Well, I ain't talking about the range of course. But it is some sort of image there is about American soldiers, no offense of course
    If you're talking about a real deal combat situation where I'm taking so much fire, that I'm firing off 30+ rounds, then yeah I'm probably not too worried about my mags. Why are Israeli soldiers running around making sure they save their mags during an intense firefight?

Quote Originally Posted by BrianT View Post
    If you're talking about a real deal combat situation where I'm taking so much fire, that I'm firing off 30+ rounds, then yeah I'm probably not too worried about my mags. Why are Israeli soldiers running around making sure they save their mags during an intense firefight?
    Well, no. But there is a great emphasis on saving and restoring any possible equipment, as it is both costly and there is no point in giving such a thing to your enemy to take later on.

Americans have the exact attitude. My magazines are on the property books at supply and are signed over to me. When I leave the Army, I have to return 7 magazines back to supply. I'm not exactly dropping them like candy.

Quote Originally Posted by LlON View Post
    Beowulf - Why is that?

By the way, is it true that soldiers do not pickup and reuse their magazines when emptied? or is it just a Israeli stigma about Americans

Plus, don't you carry any sort of binding gear for prisoners?

edit: Am i just asking the wrong people, or is the information i'm asking just "classified"? what am i missing?
    What the f**k movie are you watching?

SDS FLC vest 4x m4 double mag pouches, 2x 3 mag shingle pouch, IFAK, 2 canteen pouches, 2 frag pouches, 1 flashbang pouch is what I got at CIF. But i wear a tactical tailor MAV. It's all mission/role specific and depends on what your unit allows you to wear or basically how much molle webbing you got.
    Camelbak is issued now and we can carry nalgene bottles in lieu of canteens. Knifes/multitools are usually self-bought. 7x mags is standard but i've got like 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Heazy View Post
    4x m4 double mag pouches, 2x 3 mag shingle pouch... 7x mags is standard but i've got like 12.
    So what goes in the empty pouch(es)?

Quote Originally Posted by LimaOscarSierraTango View Post
    So what goes in the empty pouch(es)?
    powerbars

sweeet! melted powerbars!

errrr..... sweet! Frozen powerbars....!