Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst 1234567891011121454 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 921

Thread: Some new Pararescue photos

  1. #46
    Banned user Justin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    152

    Default

    I hope the PJs don't wear the new USAF uniform... they're too cool the way they are.

    Awesome pics!

  2. #47
    Senior Member abncougar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    does it matter?
    Posts
    2,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RFSU
    Loadies are the "grunts" of the crew, they are gunners, mechs, they will (if need be) provide area support. and i belive some can fly those things.

    as for PJs, those guys get way too much credit for their wartime role and no-where near enough props for the stuff they do in peace time. these guy are nuts! bullets aint got ***** on mother nature. without doubt, THE BEST rescue outfit in the world.
    you believe some loadmasters can fly the things?? your kidding right??

    and yeah, the PJs get way to much credit for their wartime role?? your an idiot.

  3. #48
    Senior Member bigjeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Taringa,Brisbane,QLD
    Posts
    2,047

    Default

    I like PJ.
    thx for the pics.

  4. #49
    Member MK133's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    USA
    Age
    42
    Posts
    401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Far
    PJ's were called in to help medi-vac this hiker who fell into a cave here in Southern Arizona....

    That is faster than the mules that SARA has. I had to call SARA when I was out for a hike, some guy was hurt, and found out that is free unless they call in a helo.

  5. #50
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abncougar
    you believe some loadmasters can fly the things?? your kidding right??
    That would be amazing not just because they were loadmasters and flying, but also since there aren't any loadmasters on the 60s or 53s. lol

  6. #51
    Time spent on reconnaissance is seldom wasted kayaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    @wall table of a greasy spoon cafeteria with a battered,red Mini outside...longing to return to Mary
    Age
    69
    Posts
    4,514

    Default

    VIDEO:
    Video: Personal recovery exercise music video
    29 February 2006 - [*******#800080]Windows Media .WMA Format[/COLOR]

    Watched the video: Brilliant guys: best job in the world!!
    One question did pop up. Are there any other reasons for using a C130 for CasEvac other than the range it can fly? Why is the c130 superior for this kind of mission instead of a chinook which is also capeable of accomodating the quads in addition to the ability of vertical take of and landing?

  7. #52
    Member brad 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    northern UK
    Age
    37
    Posts
    335

    Default

    really cool video dont know weather anyone else noticed but evan the C collar they put on the guy was od as oposed to bright white good idea. brad

  8. #53
    Time spent on reconnaissance is seldom wasted kayaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    @wall table of a greasy spoon cafeteria with a battered,red Mini outside...longing to return to Mary
    Age
    69
    Posts
    4,514

    Default

    Indeed. As for the gloves: what type did they use when the drip needle penetrated the skin: OD non sterile surgical gloves or just of the operational type?

    Do the PJs pack any serious firepower like the para M249 or the M60E? On the photo's I only see M4, M203 and M9s. I understand that their role does not include sustained combat and that it more cumbersome to jump, force entry or rappel with a LMG but in combat the extra punch is always welcomed, no matter how short.

    What are the specialisations within the the PJs: is every man a trauma expert, HALO jumper, has every member received training for water jumps, are there specific people within the unit trained to handle heavy cutting machinery?
    Last edited by kayaker; 03-19-2006 at 12:54 PM.

  9. #54
    Senior Member abncougar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    does it matter?
    Posts
    2,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ryan woods
    Indeed. As for the gloves: what type did they use when the drip needle penetrated the skin: OD non sterile surgical gloves or just of the operational type?

    Do the PJs pack any serious firepower like the para M249 or the M60E? On the photo's I only see M4, M203 and M9s. I understand that their role does not include sustained combat and that it more cumbersome to jump, force entry or rappel with a LMG but in combat the extra punch is always welcomed, no matter how short.

    What are the specialisations within the the PJs: is every man a trauma expert, HALO jumper, has every member received training for water jumps, are there specific people within the unit trained to handle heavy cutting machinery?

    www.specialtactics.com

    yes, every PJ/CRO is HALO/Dive/Static line trained, it is part of the pipeline. you have to get through all the schools first becuase they need to have all necessary means to get to someone for recovery. They are trauma experts, not medics. they are not protected under the Geneva Convention as medics. they are personnel recovery experts, with the necessary means to get a life from point A to better care. They go through 6 months of medical course as opposed to the 18Ds who go through almost a year.

    as far as firepower, ive seen one pic with a PJ and an M14. but thats it. for extra firepower, they have the Helo's and the miniguns.

  10. #55
    Time spent on reconnaissance is seldom wasted kayaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    @wall table of a greasy spoon cafeteria with a battered,red Mini outside...longing to return to Mary
    Age
    69
    Posts
    4,514

    Default

    thanks abncougar. Interesting about the medical training. I had always presumed they were far superior to any frontline medical personnel. Also I expected they needed the post 24hr casualtysupport training in case the exfil goed tjts up.

  11. #56
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abncougar
    . They go through 6 months of medical course as opposed to the 18Ds who go through almost a year.
    This is because PJs do not need to know vet care, dental care, etc. They aren't going to be living in a village for a year while training the indigs.

    PJs used to attend SOMC (trauma portion of the 18D course) until the new school was up and running. Now, no one has to wait on slots to open up and the training can be more focused on the uniqueness of the Pararescue field.

    Quote Originally Posted by ryan woods
    thanks abncougar. Interesting about the medical training. I had always presumed they were far superior to any frontline medical personnel. Also I expected they needed the post 24hr casualtysupport training in case the exfil goed tjts up.
    They are medics in the sense that once they finish their training they are EMT-Ps (Paramedics), but that is the civilian rating, their training is unique and far beyond what civilian paramedics will go through. They would have you covered if the EVAC is a no-go, read about Takur Ghar and TSgt. Miller.

  12. #57
    Time spent on reconnaissance is seldom wasted kayaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    @wall table of a greasy spoon cafeteria with a battered,red Mini outside...longing to return to Mary
    Age
    69
    Posts
    4,514

    Default

    Yeah I know very little about US forces, let alone pararescue but keen to learn more. Throw a couple of titles (pref the UK version) at me people. Ill order them in the local libery. Great unit, great men, great career... how long does it take to get that Green Card again... :P

  13. #58
    Time spent on reconnaissance is seldom wasted kayaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    @wall table of a greasy spoon cafeteria with a battered,red Mini outside...longing to return to Mary
    Age
    69
    Posts
    4,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tacky
    This is because PJs do not need to know vet care, dental care, etc. They aren't going to be living in a village for a year while training the indigs.

    PJs used to attend SOMC (trauma portion of the 18D course) until the new school was up and running. Now, no one has to wait on slots to open up and the training can be more focused on the uniqueness of the Pararescue field.



    They are medics in the sense that once they finish their training they are EMT-Ps (Paramedics), but that is the civilian rating, their training is unique and far beyond what civilian paramedics will go through. They would have you covered if the EVAC is a no-go, read about Takur Ghar and TSgt. Miller.
    Very clear, thanks for taking the time to write it Tacky!

  14. #59

  15. #60
    Aquafina scrybe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    20,001

    Default

    What in particular are you looking for? Information or pictures, because google definitely provided me with plenty of info:

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&h...umpers&spell=1

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •